Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They are going to have to rely on Rico Neal and Debo for there leadership on defense.

As much as there saying a purge I see the coaching staff yes that much maligned group are betting on years 2,3,4 player development for the team to take the next step.

The key is strategic sprinkling of vet experience across the roster.

Just can’t go past a Gerald McCoy here.

5 hours ago, Romfal said:

doesn't seem like either cut is june 1st right now, which means by not doing June 1st we're leaving 10 mil off the table for negotiations...

That's surprising. Only other real possibility for post Jun1 is Mack. Wonder if they just haven't announced it yet?Or if the new CBA allows them to wait to designate a cut post June 1?

Seems like the best thing for both parties.  He just doesn't seem to fit... whatever it is we do on defense.

No need in paying for a sports car if you live on a dirt road.

17 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Interesting that we haven't released him yet.

We must really be trying for a trade.

4pm is when you can designate a June 1st cut. Thus why he has not been 'officially' released yet.

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

4pm is when you can designate a June 1st cut. Thus why he has not been 'officially' released yet.

Just made it official probably while you were typing this.

Sheffield is a nickel corner so we can 100% expect a new CB on this team and more than likely a draft pick

Just now, ATLFalcons11 said:

Sheffield is a nickel corner so we can 100% expect a new CB on this team and more than likely a draft pick

Yep. I want CJ Henderson. We all know Quinn loves his Florida boys too.

Nice size, Amazing speed and a playmaker. 

47 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Updated 

I guess with the cap going up so much next year they don’t mind waiting to get more relief for June - February cap relief.

If no one else, maybe the cut James in favor of saving more in June, too...unless Free was the other 6/1...

This leads me to believe the FO is comfortable with what they have in Oliver and Sheffield, more than some here realize. Doesn’t make sense to cut him now post June 1 (no immediate cap gain) if they felt we had to land a CB in the draft to be a starter...too risky. If that were the case it would make more sense to cut him after the draft if/when they get their new starter...still designating him as a June 1. 

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Didn’t he play outside when Tru went down? Actually, took some snaps outside when Oliver had a brief benching too. Don’t think he is NB only, though he played well there. Heck, they could see him as our CB1 even, who knows...kid can play though.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Sheffield played solid as a boundary corner last year as well.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Didn’t he play outside when Tru went down? Actually, took some snaps outside when Oliver had a brief benching too. Don’t think he is NB only, though he played well there. Heck, they could see him as our CB1 even, who knows...kid can play though.

I agree he played exceptionally well at nickel and boundary.  He is not just a nickel corner.

4 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Sheffield played solid as a boundary corner last year as well.

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I'll have to check out some games. I didn't recall him playing there often.

Posted (edited)

If we can manage to make another mid level FA pickup, would u all be open to snagging trufant afterthe market settles down to a more reasonable short term deal? Let's say 2yr 10-12mil

Edited by bigjmw84

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

This leads me to believe the FO is comfortable with what they have in Oliver and Sheffield, more than some here realize. Doesn’t make sense to cut him now post June 1 (no immediate cap gain) if they felt we had to land a CB in the draft to be a starter...too risky. If that were the case it would make more sense to cut him after the draft if/when they get their new starter...still designating him as a June 1. 

Considering we get no relief until post June 1, I was wondering why we wouldn’t just keep him as insurance until after the draft.