Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow this one is a little shocking to me...  I know as a June 1st cut it saves 10 mil..... 

This has to mean we ate going aggressively at a passrushers and CB will be our 1st round pick.

We are going to trust a really young CB

Well, I was dead wrong on this one! I will eat my crow now! 

I didn't think there was any way possible, we would release him.  I don't think it is a good move, and I hate to see him go. 

Anyhow, go ahead and lay it on me.  #CrowBoy

31 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Wow this one is a little shocking to me...  I know as a June 1st cut it saves 10 mil..... 

This has to mean we ate going aggressively at a passrushers and CB will be our 1st round pick.

We are going to trust a really young CB

Yeah what I dislike about this is it forces our hand early in the draft now.

2 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Yeah what I dislike about this is it forces our hand early in the draft now.

I mean good options will be there even if we traded back some picks..... it's a deep CB group.

It's just mannnnn... You are going to trust some Young as CBs with your lives (DQ and TD) .... It worked with Tampa... They have some good young CB's but mannnnn.

All I can say is good.  It creates some better draft options.  I expected Freeman to be gone, thought Trufant had a chance to hang around.  I didn't think both would be cut.  However, I'm not upset.  Can't keep the same roster and expect to turnaround from the last 3 seasons.

10 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

I wonder since the team said they are cutting him later this week if they are trying to get a team to trade for him which is why they aren't cutting him now

nobody's taking that contract for Tru - he's worth about  2/3 of what he is getting paid - getting paid $15mm/yr for last three years of his deal.  Nobody is taking that contract for a 7th round pick.

Just now, g-dawg said:

nobody's taking that contract for Tru - he's worth about  2/3 of what he is getting paid - getting paid $15mm/yr for last three years of his deal.  Nobody is taking that contract for a 7th round pick.

It doesnt mean the team cant try.thats the only reason I can think to say "we will do it later this week "and not just now

The Falcons roster once you get past the 4 stars (Ryan, Julio, Grady, Debo) - it just isn't that good.   We have some promising young guys but not enough above average NFL starters.   

I applaud these moves as it faces the reality of the situation.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Assuming it's a June 1st cut, the numbers in the last pargrph are reversed, they'll save 10.2 mil, with 4.95 mil dead moneyaccording to over the cap.

According to OTC, Free would be 6.5 mil saved and 3 mil dead money as a Jun 1 cut.

doesn't seem like either cut is june 1st right now, which means by not doing June 1st we're leaving 10 mil off the table for negotiations...