Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

I am shocked. There were rumors, but I thought we were going to end up keeping him. Now CB its a real possibility in round 1.

Thanks for so many good years Tru, you will be missed!

The #Falcons plan to release star CB Desmond Trufant this week, per source.

Edited by spanish_falcon

I'm good with this.  I appreciate his play for us, but honestly, he just hasn't been the same since he got hurt in 16.  And really, I thought the defense played better when he went down that season.  

He's our veteran, and early last season he wasn't communicating with the other DBs and he was terribly misplaying his assignments.  For the money he gets paid, you can't have that.  Sorry to see him go, but it was entirely predictable.

FO whiffed on this contract. BAD deal for the Team. this was inevitable once the contract was signed. Hopefully someone learned a lesson.

Yes, Freeman 's contract is equally bad and needs to be ripped up as well.

Trading that st rounder for multiple picks this year is looking more and more attractive...we need LOG, DT, EDGE, SAM, CB starters in this draft and depth at a multitude of positions.

1 minute ago, Doug Carlton said:

FO whiffed on this contract. BAD deal for the Team. this was inevitable once the contract was signed. Hopefully someone learned a lesson.

Trading that st rounder for multiple picks this year is looking more and more attractive...we need LOG, DT, EDGE, SAM, CB starters in this draft and depth at a multitude of positions.

Yep, we could have let his 5th year option play out.

3 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

Hindsight. He was looking like a potential top-5 CB at the time. 

Wow shocked. Creates another roster  hole. Watch them overpay Rhodes now lol

guess they realize they need to even out a top heavy roster. Wonder if recent injury history have anything to do with this.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Was he untradeable? You figure a team like the Eagles would reach out.

Apparently the team tried to trade him with no takers. Thus, I'd the reason they want to cut him. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday that the Atlanta Falcons plan to release the corner this week, per a source informed of the decision. The team tried to trade Trufant to no avail, added NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Cutting Trufant saves the Falcons $4.95 million in salary-cap space while leaving $10.2 million in dead money. For a team tight against the salary cap like Atlanta, cutting Trufant won't be the only difficult move for the Falcons this week.

54 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

Freeman have to be a post june cut. The easiest choice you will ever have to make.

Trufant at least have some value.

He obviously doesn’t because we couldn’t find a trade partner for him that’s why he’s being cut ... let’s be real he’s been below average for about 3 years now it was time to move on ... every underachieving person on the roster is being removed ... i love it !

6 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

He obviously doesn’t because we couldn’t find a trade partner for him that’s why he’s being cut ... let’s be real he’s been below average for about 3 years now it was time to move on ... every underachieving person on the roster is being removed ... i love it !

He definitely has value, just not as valuable as the contract he signed for. 

9 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

I dont mean value in trade, but value on the field. Trufant has some. Freeman doesn't.