Falcons have now brought back two of their top priority in-house free agents

Cole World

1 minute ago, caponine said:

I can understand TD but Means a top priority signing ?? Yikes this FO is desperate lol 

He was slated to be a starting base DE last year and replace Brooks Reed’s role. That’s crucial money savings for a valuable job; especially if we land a guy like Quinn in FA to replace Beasley’s pass rush snaps, but who himself may not be a strong run defender and given his age best used at what he is good at.

Bailey could even be a cut as a result. That’s 7 or 8 DL in house now. We will bring in one or two more in FA and at least one in the draft along with other picks we need on D.

FA hasn’t started and we are letting guys walk that are worth walking; other than arguably Hooper but that’s debatable given the roster needs on Defense.

This is part of setting up the roster to make runs in FA to fit the roster vs what the market is calling for.

Imagine this place giving Vondre or Vic a massive contract.

People are basically complaining because they can’t overreact to actual bad moves.

So far, Falcons are making the right moves ahead of FA.

Tampering starts in 13 hours from this post. We got a few more days to adjust existing roster.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

It’s not a big enough name not that the whole premise of being a key IN-HOUSE signing holds any sway.

I mean if they throw a Fowler Quinn or someone of that ilk maybe they’ll get a pass lol.

It's crazy.

We resign core guys for cheap and they *****.

We resign superstars and they *****.

We let Hooper walk because he will reset the TE market and we don't want to pay him #1 TE money when he isn't the best TE and they *****.

I mean **** dude this FO can't win with this sorry *** fan base.

1 minute ago, Schwarzwald said:

He was slated to be a starting base DE last year and replace Brooks Reed’s role. That’s crucial money savings for a valuable job; especially if we land a guy like Quinn in FA to replace Beasley’s pass rush snaps, but who himself may not be a strong run defender and given his age best used at what he is good at.

Bailey could even be a cut as a result. That’s 7 or 8 DL in house now. We will bring in one or two more in FA and at least one in the draft along with other picks we need on D.

FA hasn’t started and we are letting guys walk that are worth walking; other than arguably Hooper but that’s debatable given the roster needs on Defense.

This is part of setting up the roster to make runs in FA to fit the roster vs what the market is calling for.

Imagine this place giving Vondre or Vic a massive contract.

People are basically complaining because they can’t overreact to actual bad moves.

So far, Falcons are making the right moves ahead of FA.

Tampering starts in 13 hours from this post. We got a few more days to adjust existing roster.

Means hasnt impressed me. I didnt even hear his name last year. Tyler Davidson was a good resign, was a good run defender last year. Really showed out when he got the opportunity. 

It doesnt have to be an all pro player but just someone like a Freeney but a little younger. Can still get you sacks and big plays. A player that is affordable 

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

It's crazy.

We resign core guys for cheap and they *****.

We resign superstars and they *****.

We let Hooper walk because he will reset the TE market and we don't want to pay him #1 TE money when he isn't the best TE and they *****.

I mean **** dude this FO can't win with this sorry *** fan base.

Means a core guy though ?? Cmon now , 

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Means hasnt impressed me. I didnt even hear his name last year. Tyler Davidson was a good resign, was a good run defender last year. Really showed out when he got the opportunity. 

It doesnt have to be an all pro player but just someone like a Freeney but a little younger. Can still get you sacks and big plays. A player that is affordable 

SHHHHH NO ONE TELL HIM

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Means was injured during the offseasons last year bruh...