Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Osiruz

Couldnt the falcons have signed Calais Campbell?

He was stolen from the Jags for a paltry 5th rounder and signed a 2 year $27 million deal which is peanuts for a player of his stature. Couldnt we have made an offer this second go round? We could have made it work. 

20 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Are we going to get one of these for every player who signs elsewhere or is traded to some other team?

of course we are, did you forget where you're at??

:lol:

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

13.5 mil a year is peanuts for a 34 year old player?? Plus a pick? I wanted to sign him but no way I'm trading for him.

Its Calais Campbell. 

Funny how people still think the Falcons are going to attack FA and trades just how  they want it. Maybe, just maybe they are waiting on specific players they are targeting to become available.

2 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

The Falcons need to stop trading away picks. 

A 5th rounder? 

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Naw it's better to go thru the draft 

Drafted players take 1-2 seasons to contribute. 

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think it’s more to do with timing and execution of a plan.

Gerald McCoy can still be had for less money and have the same impact.

McCoy plays one position. With all due respect but Calais is way better. He can play both De and DT. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

No because contrary to what these guys getting all giddy over the Davison resigning thinks this team doesn't have that kind of money.

We could free up that kind of money easily. The ravens got a steal and their defense will be fierce. 

Just now, Osiruz said:

A 5th rounder? 

Drafted players take 1-2 seasons to contribute. 

McCoy plays one position. With all due respect but Calais is way better. He can play both De and DT. 

We could free up that kind of money easily. The ravens got a steal and their defense will be fierce. 

Not when they have help alas nick bosa Brian burns Josh Allen it can happen have faith in n the team

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

13.5 mil a year is peanuts for a 34 year old player?? Plus a pick? I wanted to sign him but no way I'm trading for him.

Why not?  He was the 3rd highest grades DE last year.  Plus he is still an animal vs the run.  Dude has an overall player grade of 90 or above each year since 2015.  Is trade a 3rd for him if we got two years at that contract

Jaguars' Calais Campbell named PFF's Run Defender Of The Year

By Sam Monson
Jan 22, 2020
Jacksonville Jaguars

57 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Yepp championship. This defense is going to continue to stink for another decade it seems. 

It should be decent with Raheem Morris. The offense just needs to score 24 points a game and we should be fine 

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

Not when they have help alas nick bosa Brian burns Josh Allen it can happen have faith in n the team

Those are high first rounders, this team is 2 decades into the 2000s and has not drafted a single player outside Kerney who is on that level. I want to see some sort of life injected into our anemic pass rush game.