Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really believe that we are about to address defensive end in free agency. It's a priority not to go into the draft with a glaring weakness,as to avoid being out maneuvered, The team has done a pretty good job of this in the past. Start with the slotted Vic Beasley money and find a way to enhance it!

GO FALCONS!!!!

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

There is no slotted VB money. We are at $4M in cap space whether they wanted to re-sign him or not.

Planned expenditure for defensive end.

GO FALCONS!!!!

51 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

I agree and it's going to be a young under the radar DQ type of guy or an established cheap vet.

Could well be! I'd be very surprised if we don't address, prior to the draft, that one end wasn't resigned and another is coming off a third shoulder surgery,

GO FALCONS!!!!

5 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

Could well be! I'd be very surprised if we don't address, prior to the draft, that one end wasn't resigned and another is coming off a third shoulder surgery,

GO FALCONS!!!!

Beasley is gone.  Takk has questionable stability of his shoulder and his mind.  

Cominsky is the only apparently healthy guy we have and we really don't know what he can do.  

While it is obvious that we have needs at DE, we should not over value the position to the point that we draft a DE prospect in the first round instead of higher rated prospects at other positions, such as CB, S, LB, OL, or RB.   (hint:  Epenesa)  

Posted (edited)

It wouldn't surprise me at all if td went rb in the first.id laugh like i usually do.he just seems to do the opposite of all these mocks year after year.mainly in the first round.

Edited by Ians0280
Extra letter

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

While it is obvious that we have needs at DE, we should not over value the position to the point that we draft a DE prospect in the first round instead of higher rated prospects at other positions, such as CB, S, LB, OL, or RB.   (hint:  Epenesa)  

Epenesa fans need to realize we drafted a more athletic version of that last year...Cominsky...

Any Edge guy ATL drafts is gonna be an athletic rusher...

Clayborn will be able to be brought back in vet minimum, so no need to have more than two of those types on the roster...

We will go after a cut guy so we can maximize our 2021 comp formulas with Hooper, Campbell, Beasley...that’s potentially 3 picks added...which gives us trade up flexibility in this draft if we toss in a 2021 pick...

I’d be okay with Epenesa, but not until 47/55

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well last year, they went after Carp and Brown. So this year, some random dude nobody has ever heard of will get laid 8 million a year by this front office....and he will suck 

One reason they did so was to cover the glaring hole at OG prior to the draft!

GO FALCONS!!!!

32 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well last year, they went after Carp and Brown. So this year, some random dude nobody has ever heard of will get laid 8 million a year by this front office....and he will suck 

Some random dude will get laid how many times? Hope it is me!

Posted (edited)

If there’s one thing we’ve learned over the many years, there are certainly ways for a “cap strapped” team to get creative and sign a player (or players) they really want. The structure of the new contract, the restructuring of existing contracts, and so on. Much depends on (existing) future contracts. It’s not just about 2020. These “capologists” have things mapped out for the next several years. And offer / structure new contracts accordingly. In the end, if the player/agent is happy with that bottom line number, that’s all that matters. No matter what year or in what form (i.e. bonus) that money comes. Guaranteed of course. We can get who we want, I fully believe that.  But I don’t believe we want someone like Yannick and that +100M contract he’ll be seeking. And I don’t either.  

Edited by West Sider

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

When's the last time this front office did what everyone was expecting them to do? 

We'll that's kind of a odd question, just because EVERYONE usually expects something different. Who we draft, who we sign, who we cut.

I agree we all EXPECT a playoff run and a Super Bowl title, but is there anything really that EVERYONE expects besides that?

No disrespect, was just chiming in.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

When's the last time this front office did what everyone was expecting them to do? 

My point exactly! The front office is pretty good at masking their intentions.

GO FALCONS!!!!

2 hours ago, etherdome said:

But you need to remember,, The top DEs go first... And Epenesa is IMO going to be a great DE in time..plus he is ranked right at #16,,  I do however think it will take him a little more time than some other DEs in the first Round,, But he has a much higher ceiling.. That is very sought after in the league.. So if you want to be left with the duds instead of the studs go ahead,,, But TD, Quinn, and Draftnut's going to draft a DE in the first round.. Or by chance we may take a DT that can sack the QB often.  And there are more really great DTs that can sack the QB in this draft, Than any other draft I know.. Bottom line is ,, this is the strongest Draft I've ever seen.. period, And I don't just throw words around. It's very obvious to all who have kept up with the draft for many years.. And most Owners and Head Coaches will agree with this statement ...

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well last year, they went after Carp and Brown. So this year, some random dude nobody has ever heard of will get paid 8 million a year by this front office....and he will suck 

That is the Falcon way....

2 hours ago, etherdome said:

Couldn’t agree more! If we do trade up, I think Isaiah Simmons would be a great fit.

GO FALCONS!!!!

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

But you need to remember,, The top DEs go first... And Epenesa is IMO going to be a great DE in time..plus he is ranked right at #16,,  I do however think it will take him a little more time than some other DEs in the first Round,, But he has a much higher ceiling.. That is very sought after in the league.. So if you want to be left with the duds instead of the studs go ahead,,, But TD, Quinn, and Draftnut's going to draft a DE in the first round.. Or by chance we may take a DT that can sack the QB often.  And there are more really great DTs that can sack the QB in this draft, Than any other draft I know.. Bottom line is ,, this is the strongest Draft I've ever seen.. period, And I don't just throw words around. It's very obvious to all who have kept up with the draft for many years.. And most Owners and Head Coaches will agree with this statement ...

I agree that this is one of, if not the strongest draft I can recall.  I can not believe how many starter-quality LT's there are.  The WR's are very talented and extremely deep.  The DT's are ridiculous and starting RB's will last until the 3rd and 4th rounds.  

I don't doubt that we could draft a pass rusher in the first round.....whether an interior or edge guy.  There is possibility that we take a CB, but I believe the best value will be at pass rusher.

I don't see Epenesa as a special talent.  He displays excellent technique, so in contrast to what you mentioned, I believe he will perform well early as a rookie.  He is limited physically and because of that, he will need to hit the weights.  As a consequence, he will get stronger and really set the edge and play the run well.  

The question is whether Epenesa could ever be a top-notch pass rusher.  My guess is NO.  I think he will pressure the QB and I think he will get his share of coverage sacks, but he will probably never be a terror in that way. 

We may become a success as a pass rusher, but he will rely on his team mates to garner blocking attention or cover WR's for longer.  

But hey, that is my opinion