Jump to content

There goes Yannick


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Ya, Jags weren’t going to let him walk without a fight...

Tag and trade is still in play. Really think that’s what we should have done with Hooper noting how shallow the Draft is in TE. No way someone like Packers, Chicago, pats or Lions don’t pay him a massive salary thinking he is what they need to get them a level further then where they are currently at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Franchised. Tried telling a certain few posters that there was no way he wasn't getting franchised.

I think some of us were holding onto a thread of hope that we can finally get a marquee pass rusher. Was a pipe dream anyway. Robert Quinn is more of a realistic shot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I think some of us were holding onto a thread of hope that we can finally get a marquee pass rusher. Was a pipe dream anyway. Robert Quinn is more of a realistic shot. 

I wouldn't call Yannick a marquee pass rusher by any stretch. I'd actually prefer Quinn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

I think some of us were holding onto a thread of hope that we can finally get a marquee pass rusher. Was a pipe dream anyway. Robert Quinn is more of a realistic shot. 

Believe Dallas will not let Quinn walk, and don't blame them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, primetime said:

Tag and trade is still in play. Really think that’s what we should have done with Hooper noting how shallow the Draft is in TE. No way someone like Packers, Chicago, pats or Lions don’t pay him a massive salary thinking he is what they need to get them a level further then where they are currently at.

I’m just not sure he is an 18 mill APY player.  Solid, but not worth that IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

No more than 8 sacks in any season of his career. How is that 'marquee'? Also isn't good against the run either.

9.5 sacks in 2018, 12 sacks in 2017, gets consistent pressure on the QB every game I watched him play, and is only 25 years old and never had less than 8 sacks in any season. I can live with him being mediocre vs the run provided his production stays as consistent and reliable as it has been. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

9.5 sacks in 2018, 12 sacks in 2017, gets consistent pressure on the QB every game I watched him play, and is only 25 years old. I can love with him being mediocre vs the run provided his production stays as consistent and reliable as it has been. 

 

Depending on the CBA and how it allows teams to have avenues to cut bait with cap casualty players along with making extra cap room, I wouldn't mind trading for Ngakoue or trying to sign Fowler.

 

Ngakoue not wanting to play in Jacksonville long-term forces Jags hand with trying to get what they can before he walks in a season or two. That may allow the Falcons to get a proven young edge rusher that still has plenty of upside for a discount price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m just not sure he is an 18 mill APY player.  Solid, but not worth that IMO

Note it’s a risk but i don’t see him not being highly sought after by a cap rich team needing an above average TE. No way they get a TE of his quality in this draft. The team that signs him then has to negotiate his contract or deal with this same issue next year. Never any intention of us keeping him and paying him 18 million.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Depending on the CBA and how it allows teams to have avenues to cut bait with cap casualty players along with making extra cap room, I wouldn't mind trading for Ngakoue or trying to sign Fowler.

 

Ngakoue not wanting to play in Jacksonville long-term forces Jags hand with trying to get what they can before he walks in a season or two. That may allow the Falcons to get a proven young edge rusher that still has plenty of upside for a discount price.

I'd be down with that but it's not realistic given our cap. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Bennett and Quinn or just quinn. Seems like this pass rush class is absolutely terrible outside Chase Young :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...