Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sobeit

Mock 2.0

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

1. C.J. HENDERSON Florida CB 6' 1" 204 lbs - my only critique here is, I think we keep Tru and our 1st should be a day 1 starter. CJ has the ability to do that but we don't have an open starter seat, that I can see. with as Deep a CBs are you can get a stud in the 2nd as well. That's where I'd take one. 

2A. RAEKWON DAVIS Alabama DL 6' 6" 311 lbs - The sack huggers are sleeping on this dude, great pick. 

2B. LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU OL  6' 3" 312 lbs - Only guy to mostly control Kinlaw, good pick. Steps in at G right away and maybe C of the future.

3. DARRELL TAYLOR TENNESSEE DE/LB AKA Edge 6' 4" 267 lbs - My underdog. Might be a steal. 

4. ZACK MOSS Utah RB 5' 9" 223 lbs - yep, around the right place to take a RB and you got  a good one. 

5. LOGAN WILSON Wyoming LB 6' 2" 241 lbs - lacks some of the athleticism you'd want but he's got a great head for diagnosing plays and being in the right position. 

6. ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM MISSOURI TE 6' 5" 258 lbs

7. JAUAN JENNINGS TENNESSEE WR 6' 3" 215 lbs

 

I might not do it the same way but, You got good players and I wouldn't be upset. 

Nice draft ... That's a different angle ... But looks like a great draft... Maybe we could pick up an undrafted S. Post draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Nice draft ... That's a different angle ... But looks like a great draft... Maybe we could pick up an undrafted S. Post draft.  

not my draft sir, just my comments on the OPs draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Draf t a TE that runs a4.4, and  wr that runs a 4.7

I drafted 2 big targets that could help in the red zone and 3rd downs. One not the greatest athlete but plays to his size. One that is freakishly athletic but has not played to his size yet. Either way they are decent receivers that could help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 5:42 AM, etherdome said:

I agree that Henderson may end up being the BPA for us.  I have no issues with that choice.

Davis is a guy that I want to like, but every time I read about him, I get the feeling that he is a guy that does not come close to reaching his considerable potential.  He seems to be an excellent run stopper but not much more.

Cushenburry is a good thought.  I don't know much about him.  Does he move well?  I can't help but think that our best value at this pick will be at RB.  

Taylor seems like the popular guy these days.  He has natural talent, so he is a guy with potential to fill a role in a few seasons.  

I don't know Wilson, but your selection of a Wyoming guy made me chuckle......it is a very TD thing to do.  

You think about Davis wrong. While he can be disruptive at times that is not what his game is about. He is your anchor on the DL. Remember when people realized how bad our run defense really was. They wanted that guy at DT that could anchor and would draw double teams and free LBers and other guy to make plays. That guy is Davis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Nice draft ... That's a different angle ... But looks like a great draft... Maybe we could pick up an undrafted S. Post draft.  

There are actually a couple of decent safeties in FA and you can usually find one for a reasonable price. So I really do not see it being a pressing need. If I thought Trevon Diggs would be there in the 2nd I might reconsider this draft. It would be as much for his ability to play safety as it would be for his ability to play press man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I like this draft a lot except for Moss.  He's too slow.  I like faster backs.

I like fast backs as well. I like them much more if they have great vision. Can run with patience. Can explode through a hole. Can run behind their pads. Can punish tacklers and make them work to get them down. Understands how to set up blockers and can change direction. Out of all this Moss lacks speed. I will take it all day every day in the 4th.

Edited by Sobeit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

1. C.J. HENDERSON Florida CB 6' 1" 204 lbs - my only critique here is, I think we keep Tru and our 1st should be a day 1 starter. CJ has the ability to do that but we don't have an open starter seat, that I can see. with as Deep a CBs are you can get a stud in the 2nd as well. That's where I'd take one. 

2A. RAEKWON DAVIS Alabama DL 6' 6" 311 lbs - The sack huggers are sleeping on this dude, great pick. 

2B. LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU OL  6' 3" 312 lbs - Only guy to mostly control Kinlaw, good pick. Steps in at G right away and maybe C of the future.

3. DARRELL TAYLOR TENNESSEE DE/LB AKA Edge 6' 4" 267 lbs - My underdog. Might be a steal. 

4. ZACK MOSS Utah RB 5' 9" 223 lbs - yep, around the right place to take a RB and you got  a good one. 

5. LOGAN WILSON Wyoming LB 6' 2" 241 lbs - lacks some of the athleticism you'd want but he's got a great head for diagnosing plays and being in the right position. 

6. ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM MISSOURI TE 6' 5" 258 lbs

7. JAUAN JENNINGS TENNESSEE WR 6' 3" 215 lbs

 

I might not do it the same way but, You got good players and I wouldn't be upset. 

We basically agree with every player in that mock. Our only difference comes with the Henderson selection. I hope Trufant retires a Falcon and we can get him the ring he deserves. He is not getting any younger though and he has had some injuries the last couple of years. This pick I am thinking to the future on and to be able to get Henderson at 16 in this draft just makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 9:59 AM, Rings said:

Overall I like it.  Love the Henderson pick, can never have enough good corners, and if Moss falls to the 4th I’d love that pick there, his combine wasn’t great so he may slip to the bottom of that second/third tier group and actually be there.

I think too many mocks people make are only drafting for 2020 and not for 2021 and beyond as well.  I guess it’s a difference of what do you think will happen with TD drafting for his job, vs what should happen and what is best long term for the team.  

I agree with you 100% and just wanted to maybe bring to light a point about the idea of TD "drafting for his job"... which I've seen sooooooo many folks on here mention when trying to justify their possibly/probably unrealistic free agent acquisitions and/or draft picks.

The reality is that a GM is drafting for their job every year.

Another reality is that drafting for their job & doing what's best for the team long-term are not exclusive thoughts.

If a GM is on the hot seat & trying to save their job, their intention is to obviously to hit on immediate impact draft picks so they can keep the job. But what good does it do for them to then just be in a bigger ditch next year because this year they made a bunch of desperation moves without factoring in the future?

The point being, even when the pressure is on, a GM has to be thinking about both the present AND the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, Sobeit said:

1. C.J. HENDERSON Florida CB 6' 1" 204 lbs

Most around here recognize this as a need but ignore the obvious. That Henderson will likely be sitting there when we select in the first round. 

 

2A. RAEKWON DAVIS Alabama DL 6' 6" 311 lbs

This is a deep draft at DT and we can benefit.

 

2B. LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU OL  6' 3" 312 lbs

Here we can get a guy that should be able to play some Guard and eventually take over and become a great Center.

 

3. DARRELL TAYLOR TENNESSEE DE/LB AKA Edge 6' 4" 267 lbs

Some will say this would be a little early for him. There is no way he is there for us in the 4th though. IMO having watched as much of him as I can find I think he is very underrated. He had a suspension a couple of years ago for a fight with a teammate and he played most of last year with a fractured foot. He is tough and while they deduct for style points he just gets the job done.

 

4. ZACK MOSS Utah RB 5' 9" 223 lbs

I can not help it. While he is not a burner he can run with some power. He is also deceptively agile able to stop change direction and re-accelerate in an instant. He is a good fit in most schemes.

 

5. LOGAN WILSON Wyoming LB 6' 2" 241 lbs

Being from a small school he will take a year or so to really emerge. He has tools and plays a physical game. It is hard to find games on him but they are worth watching. He has the physical tools and instincts to be a good player with some development.

 

6. ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM MISSOURI TE 6' 5" 258 lbs

This guy is a bit of a freak and a project. There are some things he does really well and is good on contested catches. He is a guy that is worth a 6th round pick to try and get some touches and see if you can develop him.

 

7. JAUAN JENNINGS TENNESSEE WR 6' 3" 215 lbs

Sorry not sorry. Just a guy I really like as a player. He is tough tenacious and willing to do the dirty work. On top of that he is good when the ball is in the air. He is not gonna set the league on fire but he can certainly help out at times.

 

 

 
 

I like your draft.  I've been hearing Henderson could be had even further down though, so my question is....would you be opposed to trading down in the first and picking up another 3 and maybe getting CJ a few picks down?  Or are you worried he wouldn't be there maybe 5 picks or so later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I like your draft.  I've been hearing Henderson could be had even further down though, so my question is....would you be opposed to trading down in the first and picking up another 3 and maybe getting CJ a few picks down?  Or are you worried he wouldn't be there maybe 5 picks or so later?

I'd honestly be shocked if Henderson dropped considering how many teams currently set to pick after us have CB as one of their bigger needs.

The Cowboys have the next pick after us at #17
The Raiders are at #19... they also have the 12th pick
The Jags are at #20... they also have the 9th pick
The Bills are at #22

So yeah, I'd be very surprised if CJ Henderson was still on the board beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, k-train said:

I agree with you 100% and just wanted to maybe bring to light a point about the idea of TD "drafting for his job"... which I've seen sooooooo many folks on here mention when trying to justify their possibly/probably unrealistic free agent acquisitions and/or draft picks.

The reality is that a GM is drafting for their job every year.

Another reality is that drafting for their job & doing what's best for the team long-term are not exclusive thoughts.

If a GM is on the hot seat & trying to save their job, their intention is to obviously to hit on immediate impact draft picks so they can keep the job. But what good does it do for them to then just be in a bigger ditch next year because this year they made a bunch of desperation moves without factoring in the future?

The point being, even when the pressure is on, a GM has to be thinking about both the present AND the future.

They should, doesn’t mean they always do.  Ridley was by far the best player available when we took him two years ago, he was an upgrade but not at a position of need.  Ridley was, in my opinion, the correct pick because he was BPA and will help the team long term.  We could have reached on a bigger position of need like pass rusher, CB, another safety, IOL, whatever but we took the best player on the board.

Fast forward to this year, TD doesn’t make that same type of pick more than likely.  He doesn’t have the luxury of time on his side anymore to make that type of pick and watch it play out.  Since we don’t have a lot of money in FA to fill needs, he will likely be forced to use the draft for that and he will more than likely have to reach for that position which is never a good strategy long term to draft.  I hope I’m wrong, but I really worry about that.  The good news is that if this is the case, maybe he will be more inclined to trade down to get the same talent later, which would be ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rings said:

They should, doesn’t mean they always do.  Ridley was by far the best player available when we took him two years ago, he was an upgrade but not at a position of need.  Ridley was, in my opinion, the correct pick because he was BPA and will help the team long term.  We could have reached on a bigger position of need like pass rusher, CB, another safety, IOL, whatever but we took the best player on the board.

Fast forward to this year, TD doesn’t make that same type of pick more than likely.  He doesn’t have the luxury of time on his side anymore to make that type of pick and watch it play out.  Since we don’t have a lot of money in FA to fill needs, he will likely be forced to use the draft for that and he will more than likely have to reach for that position which is never a good strategy long term to draft.  I hope I’m wrong, but I really worry about that.  The good news is that if this is the case, maybe he will be more inclined to trade down to get the same talent later, which would be ideal.

I think considering what is on the board and team needs we are fortunate he will be there when we pick. CB is up there as far as position value. If people suspect we are leaning that way I bet they attempt to move up and take him. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds considering the D-linemen, QBs and O-linemen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 0:23 PM, The O.D.B said:

1. C.J. HENDERSON Florida CB 6' 1" 204 lbs - my only critique here is, I think we keep Tru and our 1st should be a day 1 starter. CJ has the ability to do that but we don't have an open starter seat, that I can see. with as Deep a CBs are you can get a stud in the 2nd as well. That's where I'd take one. 

2A. RAEKWON DAVIS Alabama DL 6' 6" 311 lbs - The sack huggers are sleeping on this dude, great pick. 

2B. LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU OL  6' 3" 312 lbs - Only guy to mostly control Kinlaw, good pick. Steps in at G right away and maybe C of the future.

3. DARRELL TAYLOR TENNESSEE DE/LB AKA Edge 6' 4" 267 lbs - My underdog. Might be a steal. 

4. ZACK MOSS Utah RB 5' 9" 223 lbs - yep, around the right place to take a RB and you got  a good one. 

5. LOGAN WILSON Wyoming LB 6' 2" 241 lbs - lacks some of the athleticism you'd want but he's got a great head for diagnosing plays and being in the right position. 

6. ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM MISSOURI TE 6' 5" 258 lbs

7. JAUAN JENNINGS TENNESSEE WR 6' 3" 215 lbs

 

I might not do it the same way but, You got good players and I wouldn't be upset. 

Nice draft ..But i don't think we will draft a WR or a RB.... But looks like a great draft... Maybe we could pick up an undrafted S. Post draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...