1. C.J. HENDERSON Florida CB 6' 1" 204 lbs

Most around here recognize this as a need but ignore the obvious. That Henderson will likely be sitting there when we select in the first round. 

Image result for cj henderson

2A. RAEKWON DAVIS Alabama DL 6' 6" 311 lbs

This is a deep draft at DT and we can benefit.

Image result for RAEKWON DAVIS

2B. LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU OL  6' 3" 312 lbs

Here we can get a guy that should be able to play some Guard and eventually take over and become a great Center.

Image result for LLOYD CUSHENBERRY

3. DARRELL TAYLOR TENNESSEE DE/LB AKA Edge 6' 4" 267 lbs

Some will say this would be a little early for him. There is no way he is there for us in the 4th though. IMO having watched as much of him as I can find I think he is very underrated. He had a suspension a couple of years ago for a fight with a teammate and he played most of last year with a fractured foot. He is tough and while they deduct for style points he just gets the job done.

Image result for DARRELL TAYLOR

4. ZACK MOSS Utah RB 5' 9" 223 lbs

I can not help it. While he is not a burner he can run with some power. He is also deceptively agile able to stop change direction and re-accelerate in an instant. He is a good fit in most schemes.

Image result for zack moss

5. LOGAN WILSON Wyoming LB 6' 2" 241 lbs

Being from a small school he will take a year or so to really emerge. He has tools and plays a physical game. It is hard to find games on him but they are worth watching. He has the physical tools and instincts to be a good player with some development.

Image result for logan wilson

6. ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM MISSOURI TE 6' 5" 258 lbs

This guy is a bit of a freak and a project. There are some things he does really well and is good on contested catches. He is a guy that is worth a 6th round pick to try and get some touches and see if you can develop him.

Image result for ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM

7. JAUAN JENNINGS TENNESSEE WR 6' 3" 215 lbs

Sorry not sorry. Just a guy I really like as a player. He is tough tenacious and willing to do the dirty work. On top of that he is good when the ball is in the air. He is not gonna set the league on fire but he can certainly help out at times.

Image result for JAUAN JENNINGS

2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Uhh what’s your FA look like?

I'm not sure what your point is here.  It will look like most FA periods filling most holes with players that can help but will fit in under the cap. I'm also not sure what you expect to get out of 8 draft picks. If you feel you can get 8 immediate starters you are in the wrong line of work.

My point is that draft doesn’t fill our holes. Taylor isn’t going to be ready to contribute right away. No need to get offended. It’s a simple question. Here’s what I came up with. Pipe dream but the draft needs to fill the holes you have after FA or at least be depth.  It’s deeper than drafting guys will cool videos01837250-7E2B-4992-8B9B-21049D138862.jpeg.68488873da4847f4775ce90b893c42bf.jpeg

11 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

My point is that draft doesn’t fill our holes. Taylor isn’t going to be ready to contribute right away. No need to get offended. It’s a simple question. Here’s what I came up with. Pipe dream but the draft needs to fill the holes you have after FA or at least be depth.  It’s deeper than drafting guys will cool videos01837250-7E2B-4992-8B9B-21049D138862.jpeg.68488873da4847f4775ce90b893c42bf.jpeg

I did not title the tread how I would manage the cap and free agency. I am not offended. I wanted to know what your point was in a mock draft thread. No need for you to get offended and go waaayyyyyy off topic, again. Here is where your logic is totally flawed. You talk about how players will not be able to contribute immediately. Then in the very next breath you say it should be to fill holes. You have it backwards. This is why we are here. You draft for the future. While some players can contribute day one they are the exception and not the rule. So a better strategy is to draft for the future. Hopefully you land players that can contribute some along the way. You use FA to fill holes and hopefully have draft picks come up behind them.

I am really glad you signed several players you wanted to draft that finally started to reach their potential. Good job. That was not the purpose of my thread nor the strategy I would use. Have fun doing whatever it is you are doing though.

I agree that Henderson may end up being the BPA for us.  I have no issues with that choice.

Davis is a guy that I want to like, but every time I read about him, I get the feeling that he is a guy that does not come close to reaching his considerable potential.  He seems to be an excellent run stopper but not much more.

Cushenburry is a good thought.  I don't know much about him.  Does he move well?  I can't help but think that our best value at this pick will be at RB.  

Taylor seems like the popular guy these days.  He has natural talent, so he is a guy with potential to fill a role in a few seasons.  

I don't know Wilson, but your selection of a Wyoming guy made me chuckle......it is a very TD thing to do.  

14 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I agree that Henderson may end up being the BPA for us.  I have no issues with that choice.

Davis is a guy that I want to like, but every time I read about him, I get the feeling that he is a guy that does not come close to reaching his considerable potential.  He seems to be an excellent run stopper but not much more.

Cushenburry is a good thought.  I don't know much about him.  Does he move well?  I can't help but think that our best value at this pick will be at RB.  

Taylor seems like the popular guy these days.  He has natural talent, so he is a guy with potential to fill a role in a few seasons.  

I don't know Wilson, but your selection of a Wyoming guy made me chuckle......it is a very TD thing to do.  

Cushenberry look pretty good against Gallimore. 

41 minutes ago, etherdome said:

He raised his stock during the senior bowl week. He more than held his own vs Kinlaw in the head to head matchups in practice. In fact, I think he was the only one who had success vs Kinlaw.

29 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

As bad as I want Trufant gone I think he will be here one more season.

Trufant is likely here this year, yeah. But next year is a whole different story. His cap number for 2021 is even more than this year but we can cut him outright at the start of the 2021 NFL season (This time next year) for a $10.35M cap savings & just $5.8M in dead money. So unless he has an All-Pro season this year, it’s probably a pretty safe bet that he’s outta here next offseason. Getting his replacement this year makes a whole lot of sense & if you can get a potentially Pro Bowl calibre CB like Henderson at #16 you gotta consider that. There may be some solid CBs available in the 2nd, 3rd, etc., but having that 5th year option that comes with taking a player in the first can be really handy for a high priced position like starting CB.

8 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Pipe dream indeed.

Overall I like it.  Love the Henderson pick, can never have enough good corners, and if Moss falls to the 4th I’d love that pick there, his combine wasn’t great so he may slip to the bottom of that second/third tier group and actually be there.

I think too many mocks people make are only drafting for 2020 and not for 2021 and beyond as well.  I guess it’s a difference of what do you think will happen with TD drafting for his job, vs what should happen and what is best long term for the team.  

Where are you getting 35mil in cap space from to sign these free agents and rookies you draft?  Think it’s kinda crappy to criticize someone’s mock for not filling holes, just to post your own that is extremely unrealistic and the only way it would be realistic is to cut a ton of players which would just create more holes, and then call him out for not being able to take the comments which didn’t pertain to what the original thread was about.  Thread wasn’t 2020 offseason, it was just a mock draft.  You should be drafting bpa for what is going to be best for your team for the next 3-4 years, not drafting needs for 2020.  FA is for needs, draft should be BPA.

The only thing I like about yours is the realization that safety needs to be addressed. Our main hole on this team is playmakers. People need to learn that term and lose “needs” if winning is really in order 

46 minutes ago, Rings said:

Where are you getting 35mil in cap space from to sign these free agents and rookies you draft?  Think it’s kinda crappy to criticize someone’s mock for not filling holes, just to post your own that is extremely unrealistic and the only way it would be realistic is to cut a ton of players which would just create more holes, and then call him out for not being able to take the comments which didn’t pertain to what the original thread was about.  Thread wasn’t 2020 offseason, it was just a mock draft.  You should be drafting bpa for what is going to be best for your team for the next 3-4 years, not drafting needs for 2020.  FA is for needs, draft should be BPA.

Not to mention that Fowler is going to be signing for a heck of a lot more than 9.5 mil.

3 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Nah... I don't think so.. Trufant will not be back.. we should hope not,, Nothing personal ,, just time for him to hang it up.

Why do you say that, with him coming off one of his best seasons before the injury?

11 hours ago, Sobeit said:

1. C.J. HENDERSON Florida CB 6' 1" 204 lbs

2A. RAEKWON DAVIS Alabama DL 6' 6" 311 lbs

2B. LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU OL  6' 3" 312 lbs

3. DARRELL TAYLOR TENNESSEE DE/LB AKA Edge 6' 4" 267 lbs

4. ZACK MOSS Utah RB 5' 9" 223 lbs

5. LOGAN WILSON Wyoming LB 6' 2" 241 lbs

1. C.J. HENDERSON Florida CB 6' 1" 204 lbs - my only critique here is, I think we keep Tru and our 1st should be a day 1 starter. CJ has the ability to do that but we don't have an open starter seat, that I can see. with as Deep a CBs are you can get a stud in the 2nd as well. That's where I'd take one. 

2A. RAEKWON DAVIS Alabama DL 6' 6" 311 lbs - The sack huggers are sleeping on this dude, great pick. 

2B. LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU OL  6' 3" 312 lbs - Only guy to mostly control Kinlaw, good pick. Steps in at G right away and maybe C of the future.

3. DARRELL TAYLOR TENNESSEE DE/LB AKA Edge 6' 4" 267 lbs - My underdog. Might be a steal. 

4. ZACK MOSS Utah RB 5' 9" 223 lbs - yep, around the right place to take a RB and you got  a good one. 

5. LOGAN WILSON Wyoming LB 6' 2" 241 lbs - lacks some of the athleticism you'd want but he's got a great head for diagnosing plays and being in the right position. 

I might not do it the same way but, You got good players and I wouldn't be upset. 

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Not to mention that Fowler is going to be signing for a heck of a lot more than 9.5 mil.

He’s more than that but the cap hit is based on what percentage of the contract is guaranteed when entered into the program.