Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1. DT Javon Kinlaw ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, S.C,,, 6-5, 324, SC. 35 tkls, 10 sacks, in last two years, use one of the two second round picks. But worth it.. pick # 10 

2. CB Jaylon Johnson ,, .............Utah,, 6', 193, Utah.. The CB we have been needing on this team. pick 57 

3. DE Darrell Taylor ,,,,,,............. Tenn..6'4, 267, .. under rated Edge rusher. Pick 92

4. LB Logan Wilson ................... Wyoming 6'2, 241, ... fills a big need. pick 148 ............................................we have to trade down to pick up a 7th pick.

5. OC Trystan Colon Castillo.......Missouri 6-3, 313, can play C/G great value with the  pick 176..................one of my favorite players for the pick.

6. TE  Stephen Sullivan ............. LSU, 6-5, 248,  TE replacement  , again good value for his ranking.#198

7. S. Myles Dorn ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,N.C. 6-2, 205   Best value pick but he is rated #230 in the draft.

We can pick up a non drafted RB after the draft. Always a good one left. Especially in this deep draft . I like this draft,, a lot.. 

2 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

LOVE Wilson! Old School Thumper.

Yeah, me too . I think this is the best mock draft I've ever made... Who knows?  We will find out in a few years if it was a good one or not.. But all of these players are ranked below where I picked them, Because I do not like to make an unrealistic Mock.. This is very realistic  or I would not have made it. Now ,the rankings may change before the draft. but as of now,, these are players we could get with the now rankings.

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I like the players, but I think players 2, 3 & 4 are over drafted by a round

Thanks,, well,, I'm very careful to not be under rating the players,,  So as this to be a very realistic Draft..  And when I pick out a player I think would be a great pick, Usually those players end up going higher ,, Because If I love them,, I know a real team will love them also..  This draft is doable ... And I like that.. I'd rather over draft a player I've pegged ,, because that means they may go higher in the draft also.. I've learned threw the years.. If I love a player,, usually the teams drafting love him to and know they would be a great pick for where they go. These type players normally go up the board before the draft gets here. And I don't want to make another one.. I like this one way to much , hope our draft is as good as this one.

When you see a player you think is going to be a great player,, you just can't take a chance in them being there in he next round. Or even in the round that he is ranked in.. They always tend to go up even the day of the draft... I'd rather be a little higher on the player, than to be to low and miss out on that player. And if a team don't feel that way, they shouldn't draft them anyway. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I like the players, but I think players 2, 3 & 4 are over drafted by a round

I see Wilson going in the 5th as well and think. Taylor is a player I really like but a little worried he would be gone when we pick in the 4th. I would spend the third to get him I think he will be worth it. Taylor may be the most underrated player in this draft. He looks the part and when you watch his games he plays like it. You might deduct points for style but the guy can play. I was getting ready to throw up a 2nd mock that looked eerily similar to this one. I'm not as sold on Kinlaw as many around here. 

Edited by Sobeit

9 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

LOVE Wilson! Old School Thumper.

There's a reason "thumpers" are old school. This is a passing league now. They are useless in nickle packages. Nickle packages are run over 65% of the defensive snaps, according to Pat Kirwin on "Moving The Chains".

52 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

There's a reason "thumpers" are old school. This is a passing league now. They are useless in nickle packages. Nickle packages are run over 65% of the defensive snaps, according to Pat Kirwin on "Moving The Chains".

Wilson is good in coverage as well.

Nice job, Draftnut.  Of course, I like the move for Kinlaw.  He and Jarrett could become the next big time DT combo in the league.  This move alone makes your mock at least a B+.

Your second round pick is another hit.  We need to move to more press coverage and you would be hard pressed to find a better press cover CB prospect than Johnson.

Taylor is a gamble.  He was injured for a year, so he may be a diamond in the rough.  I wonder if there might be better values from the LB ranks.  

I don't like the Wilson and Castillo picks.  Neither has NFL athleticism.  Wilson might make a good thumper in the middle, but I think he needs to be in a 3-4 in order to protect him from getting burned covering TE's or RB's.

Castillo is simply too small and weak.  He has ultra-short arms and does not move well.  And he is not particularly strong.  I do not consider him a NFL player.   

This draft is deep in quality RB's and it would be a disappointment if we do not take advantage of that in this draft.  

Realistic mocks are tough to create.  You did a very good job with this one.  

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

Nice job, Draftnut.  Of course, I like the move for Kinlaw.  He and Jarrett could become the next big time DT combo in the league.  This move alone makes your mock at least a B+.

Your second round pick is another hit.  We need to move to more press coverage and you would be hard pressed to find a better press cover CB prospect than Johnson.

Taylor is a gamble.  He was injured for a year, so he may be a diamond in the rough.  I wonder if there might be better values from the LB ranks.  

I don't like the Wilson and Castillo picks.  Neither has NFL athleticism.  Wilson might make a good thumper in the middle, but I think he needs to be in a 3-4 in order to protect him from getting burned covering TE's or RB's.

Castillo is simply too small and weak.  He has ultra-short arms and does not move well.  And he is not particularly strong.  I do not consider him a NFL player.   

This draft is deep in quality RB's and it would be a disappointment if we do not take advantage of that in this draft.  

Realistic mocks are tough to create.  You did a very good job with this one.  

But you made the point I was trying to make about the RB position.. A lot of RBs will cause some good ones to not be drafted.. For myself,,, I'd much rather get the players I have in this draft and pick up a non drafted RB after the Draft is over. Gonna be quite a few to choose from.. But they need to be quick , I'm sure they have already pegged one and told a few if they don't get drafted, We would like to bring him in for a try out....

9 hours ago, Sobeit said:

I see Wilson going in the 5th as well and think. Taylor is a player I really like but a little worried he would be gone when we pick in the 4th. I would spend the third to get him I think he will be worth it. Taylor may be the most underrated player in this draft. He looks the part and when you watch his games he plays like it. You might deduct points for style but the guy can play. I was getting ready to throw up a 2nd mock that looked eerily similar to this one. I'm not as sold on Kinlaw as many around here. 

Well, I like Kinlaw a lot and that's why I have him in my Mock,, But there is another DT we could get latter in the draft and still get a good one in  Davon Hamilton.. Ohio St.  The guy is strong,, He had the most reps at the combine..  with 33 BP reps... That's a strong man right there.  if we don't take Kinlaw , I'm hoping we get him. in the second round and pick up the best DE with our first pick. Which I like AJ Epenesa  if that happens. 

54 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I like Kinlaw a lot and that's why I have him in my Mock,, But there is another DT we could get latter in the draft and still get a good one in  Davon Hamilton.. Ohio St.  The guy is strong,, He had the most reps at the combine..  with 33 BP reps... That's a strong man right there.  if we don't take Kinlaw , I'm hoping we get him. in the second round and pick up the best DE with our first pick. Which I like AJ Epenesa  if that happens. 

This edge class is weak/a gamble after chase young, and it’s a need for a lot of teams.  I think a lot of people are going to be shocked when A.J. still goes top 15-20, especially if he rests well at pro day...if it isn’t cancelled.

I always look forward to these @Draftnut57 your track record speaks for itself. I like the mock overall, fills a lot of needs. I really  hate the tradedown. If we didn't trade, who would you take at 16? Who would you take with our 2 seconds in that scenario. I put up some TDN mocks and the one that spoke to AFMB the most was a Top 4 of Kinlaw (he fell), Dobbins, Uche, Moss (TE) but if Kinlaw goes before 16, which is very likely, how do you feel about Chaisson at 16 if Kinlaw is gone? Or who is your 2nd choice after Kinlaw?

34 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I always look forward to these @Draftnut57 your track record speaks for itself. I like the mock overall, fills a lot of needs. I really  hate the tradedown. If we didn't trade, who would you take at 16? Who would you take with our 2 seconds in that scenario. I put up some TDN mocks and the one that spoke to AFMB the most was a Top 4 of Kinlaw (he fell), Dobbins, Uche, Moss (TE) but if Kinlaw goes before 16, which is very likely, how do you feel about Chaisson at 16 if Kinlaw is gone? Or who is your 2nd choice after Kinlaw?

Well thanks,, if we stayed at 16 ,, which I happen to think  we will stay put in the real draft.. I think my guess would be we take the best DE available.  I happen to make my mock based on a DT that is unstoppable and sacks the QB a lot.. But in the real draft if we don't trade up for Kinlaw  ,, I'd say we most likely would take DE AJ Epenesa.. who had 11.5 sacks and is 6.4 , 275,, he would be my second choice..  and my 3rd choice  would be Kenny Willekes 6-3.5 , 264, MSU.  sho ran a 4.93 , I'd have to look back up where he is ranked to go in the draft. But I think he'l lbe a steal in this draft. .I'm hoping we take two DEs out of the good class of Pass rushers. 

Only thing negative about AJ is he only ran a 5:10,, =that's his biggest knock... But he is a big tall strong DE. But I'l bet that would be his playing speed also.. So it's according to how you look at it.  

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

its been fun Kinlaw :sadwave:

Hey, Who do you think will be the best Sack Master in this draft.. No matter if that player is a DE, DT, OLB , Give me 3 or 4 in order. .Just wondering what you think?

4 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Hey, Who do you think will be the best Sack Master in this draft.. No matter if that player is a DE, DT, OLB , Give me 3 or 4 in order. .Just wondering what you think?

besides obviously Chase Young, its hard. I think these guys are going to be good: Zack Baun, Curtis Weaver, Kinlaw, Alton Robinson

On 3/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, Draftnut57 said:

Yeah, me too . I think this is the best mock draft I’ve ever made... Who knows?  We will find out in a few years if it was a good one or not.. But all of these players are ranked below where I picked them, Because I do not like to make an unrealistic Mock.. This is very realistic  or I would not have made it. Now ,the rankings may change before the draft. but as of now,, these are players we could get with the now rankings.

LOL.

2 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I like Kinlaw but how realistic is it that he will fall to our pick? 

He will not fall to our pick,, I don't believe he will.. with my mock,, I had to trade our original  second round pick to trade up in order to draft Kinlaw.. and I traded down in the mock in the 4th round to get another pick back to give me the 7 picks in my mock.. So as to be realistic ... And it is 100% doable.. AAMOF,, most of my picks are ranked much lower than where I drafted them.. I don't do mocks that are not more than realistic. 

3 hours ago, Romfal said:

besides obviously Chase Young, its hard. I think these guys are going to be good: Zack Baun, Curtis Weaver, Kinlaw, Alton Robinson

Well, You never know,, TD and Quinn may try to trade up and get Young.. But it would cost so much,, I have my doubts about them making that move.