Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Unknøwn

NCAA tournament canceled

Duke and Kansas have both announced they will suspend all sports and will not participate in the NCAA tournament. 

NCAA might have no choice but to cancel the tournament. 

Update: NCAA has canceled the event. The College World Series and all other winter and spring events have been canceled as well

I guess UCF will win another championship! I'm sure they will claim it.

In all seriousness, I am so sad for these players, families, universities, and cities that host these events.

From what I am getting from the DOE, we all just need to be vigilant in taking care of ourselves and those with immune issues and the elderly.  Wash you hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. I am not taking this lightly, but I am also not running for the hills.

Look at the facts and stats regarding what is going on with this virus vs the past pandemic virus of the past. 

KEEP CALM AND WASH YOUR HANDS!

18 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I guess UCF will win another championship! I'm sure they will claim it.

In all seriousness, I am so sad for these players, families, universities, and cities that host these events.

From what I am getting from the DOE, we all just need to be vigilant in taking care of ourselves and those with immune issues and the elderly.  Wash you hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. I am not taking this lightly, but I am also not running for the hills.

Look at the facts and stats regarding what is going on with this virus vs the past pandemic virus of the past. 

KEEP CALM AND WASH YOUR HANDS!

Well said. People ready to divide up and fight again just like regular politics. SMH.

Just be considerate, be clean, and let's see how it plays out.

Doctors in Italy right now are having to choose who lives and dies, so let's not join them.

1 minute ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

So u are agreeing with the panic? Extremely small sample size vs the seasonal flu - it’s certainly not worth crashing the economy, in the media world we live in they thrive off panic it’s a good story, the panic is much worse than the virus. 

Of course it's not a good development, since the symptoms and infectiousness are worse than flu.

I think @BamaBirdLady said it best. Everyone should just be clean and calm.

Not everyone will agree with me, but I don't think that items disappearing off the shelves equate to panic. There's just a lot more demand for those things right now since people are preparing themselves for social distancing. Taking measures to prepare yourself aren't necessarily overreacting.

But no, if you know someone who is genuinely panicking and doing things like stealing masks (they don't work, btw), that's not helpful by any stretch. And the best way to keep people calm is to know your facts and promote awareness of important ideas.

For example, it's not as big a deal if a lot of people get sick so long as we stretch it out over time and not give hospitals too much to handle. That's what they have in Italy and Iran. Hopefully that helps.