Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falconfanEST1989

Will the Draft be closed!!

Just now, The Don™ said:

Mortality rate is higher and they're still learning more about it. Truthfully, nobody actually knows the extent of it's damage this can do since its a virus that's always mutating. 

Under 100 deaths in us and just under 1000 cases in america...

Swine flu in 09 killed nearly 20,000 people in the us and it lasted for like 14 months.

I dont remember the nba or other events, filming, sports, suspending all operations for the moment.

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I wish these threads would just get locked so we can talk about ******* football instead of people's political views and what they think about a virus they can't control. 

Nah, the people that are "thinking" are politicizing it. There are facts readily available about it. People that politicize don't want it to affect THEIR way of living but don't give two craps about other people. Give the American people just the facts and stop shrugging it off like it's nothing because honestly, we don't know the damage it can do. 

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

I laugh at 45's payroll tax relief and his message of "not to worry, it's no big deal" to the American people to save his economy and stock market. I'm sorry, but that's political. He's incapable of empathy and compassion. His undereaction and handling of it so far compared to the world is unacceptable. The best way to contain it is medical care and limit mobility but 45 is implementing a payroll tax relief to encourage people to go to work and surround themselves with more people considering the incubation period is 1-14 days. This country needs universal paid sick leave offered by the govt in times like these (and always) like other countries are doing, not a payroll tax relief to keep your economy from 

You think that's political, but not this epidemic virus...   it's been around since the 60's  now all of a sudden , with a very important presidential election...  where 45 aka President Trump,  has completely done things ,the establishment governments around the world, dont want done , covid19 now says... ok I'll just start spreading and affecting people around the world.  Out of no where...   come on man.    This is the most political fear mongering crap I've ever been a witness too

Just now, The Don™ said:

Nah, the people that are "thinking" are politicizing it. There are facts readily available about it. People that politicize don't it to affect THEIR way of living but don't give two craps about other people. Give the American people just the facts and stop shrugging it off like it's nothing because honestly, we don't know the damage it can do. 

I really don't give a **** either way, I'm here to talk football. 

Save it for Twitter and Facebook. 

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I wish these threads would just get locked so we can talk about ******* football instead of people's political views and what they think about a virus they can't control. 

Actually if you read the post its asks do you think the NFL will close the Draft... that counts as football talk!!

3 minutes ago, RHEC said:

Swine flu in 09 killed nearly 20,000 people in the us and it lasted for like 14 months.

I dont remember the nba or other events, filming, sports, suspending all operations for the moment.

Swine flu originated in the USA so naturally the numbers will be higher. 

1 minute ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Actually if you read the post its asks do you think the NFL will close the Draft... that counts as football talk!!

And it's no longer football talk.

4 minutes ago, RHEC said:

We have that few because trump turned away testing my guy.

The worry isn't so much about deaths which the death rate is 2-5% it's the rapidly growing number of infected. We don't have the hospital staff throughout the country to tend to those who will need it 10-15% need hospitalization and 5% go into ICU. We don't have the numbers just to care for the 5% let alone 10-15%

5 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

You think that's political, but not this epidemic virus...   it's been around since the 60's  now all of a sudden , with a very important presidential election...  where 45 aka President Trump,  has completely done things ,the establishment governments around the world, dont want done , covid19 now says... ok I'll just start spreading and affecting people around the world.  Out of no where...   come on man.    This is the most political fear mongering crap I've ever been a witness too

His handling of this virus has been bad. You can't downplay something you don't know. 

45 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I believe the NFL will come out with some type of announcement today.   Hopefully they will punt the decision until March 31st but put people on notice so they can cancel reservations and airline tickets or buy travel insurance so they aren’t blindsided if NFL decide to make the NFL Draft this year a non-public event.

Be careful with buying insurance and read the fine print.... a lot of the insurance for plane tickets are not covering corona virus as a reason to reimburse. It states to consult with airline for possible reimbursement or changing days

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Who cares where it originated... did the nba nfl mlb ncaa cancel anything....???

Dude that's one of the reasons why the mortality numbers are higher. Go look at China's mortality numbers since the coronavirus originated there. 

Idc about sports being cancelled. That's just a luxury thats just a want and not a need. Human lives will always be more important to me, even when it's at the expense of our precious sports and "inconvenience" to certain people's lives which is exactly the mentality certain people are spewing around here 

Edited by The Don™

9 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

This is ridiculous. This virus couldn't be used against Trump unless he blatantly ignored what doctors and health experts told him to do, guess what he did? 

If he had just listened to doctors instead of saying dumb **** like "I like this stuff. I really get it… every one of these doctors said, ‘how do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability." And he called himself a "super genius" LOL

How TF is this political?! SMH. It's a legit pandemic. Has ZERO to do with politics! Man, y'all snowflakes look for any reason to bring politics into ish... 

ANYWAY, back to the topic... the draft will most likely be cancelled and televised. Big freakin deal.. just watch it on TV. 

2 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

How TF is this political?! SMH. It's a legit pandemic. Has ZERO to do with politics! Man, y'all snowflakes look for any reason to bring politics into ish... 

ANYWAY, back to the topic... the draft will most likely be cancelled and televised. Big freakin deal.. just watch it on TV. 

Funny the ones you're calling snowflakes are the ones who usually spout off everyone else is a snowflake lol. 

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Funny the ones you're calling snowflakes are the ones who usually spout off everyone else is a snowflake lol. 

It's just ridiculous... it's not all political like everyone wants to make it out to be. I don't get why politics have to be brought into almost everything these days. 

8 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

It's just ridiculous... it's not all political like everyone wants to make it out to be. I don't get why politics have to be brought into almost everything these days. 

Because the great Donald looks like an absolute idiot right now for ignoring health experts so clearly this is some libtard attack they orchestrated. 

I don't think the biggest concern is the impact that it may or may not have on an otherwise healthy individual.  

As I look at the facts that are out there to this point I feel a personal responsibility to be smart (not overboard, just reasonable) for two main reasons:

1) There are many people out there that are not healthy enough to handle a potentially fatal virus.

2) While most may not need to worry about dying from this virus, the stress that an outbreak puts on the health care system is a legit, and probably the biggest, concern. 

I get that there are people overreacting and taking precaution to an extreme but that is no reason to pretend that this is a non issue.  There are some basic precautions that the CDC suggests that we take and I have no clue why some care so little about those around them to adjust their selfish lives accordingly.

Posted (edited)
Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Because the great Donald looks like an absolute idiot right now for ignoring health experts so clearly this is some libtard attack they orchestrated. 

How did Trump ignore Health experts? Not tracking there... 

Edited by D.B.N.

Just now, D.B.N. said:

How did Trump ignore Health experts? Not tracking there... 

Because a month or two ago 60 plus counties made their own test for this virus. We weren't one of them.

Then WHO offered for us to use their test when we got hit and trump said no. So we have been scrambling ever since to get a test going which is one reason we have so few cases here, no one is getting tested. We have I think around 10k tested so far were as South Korea is testing 10k a day.

Trump also cut off Anthony Fauci "the nation’s top infectious disease researcher" from speaking about and working on the coronavirus. Instead he put Pence in charge, the man who had an aids outbreak in Indiana in 2011 because he ignored health officials warnings and instead cut their funding.