Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falconfanEST1989

Will the Draft be closed!!

Just now, falconfanEST1989 said:

I just think it's another epidemic do to the political situation, with presidential election... and you can say its global or whatever, but who out president is has a huge effect on global situations 

wow. I pray that you don't get it 

5 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

With all this (imho bull sh**) coronavirus crap going around, and the NBA, suspended season, NCAA no fan tournament...   and possible MLB no fan ban .. do you think the NFL will close the NFL draft to fans.???

Its definitely overly politicized. It has a lower fatality% than most.flu strains.

We don’t know what we don’t know.

Right now Government officials, CEOs and yes, sports commissioners, are making tough and drastic decisions to protect the American people.

Overreaction? Perhaps...maybe even likely.   The issue and risk is if they underreacted.   At the end of the day, the damage of underreacting is worth the nuisance of overreacting.

9 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

With all this (imho bull sh**) coronavirus crap going around, and the NBA, suspended season, NCAA no fan tournament...   and possible MLB no fan ban .. do you think the NFL will close the NFL draft to fans.???

Its not BS when people all around the world are dying. People are getting legit sick. 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

We don’t know what we don’t know.

Right now Government officials, CEOs and yes, sports commissioners, are making tough and drastic decisions to protect the American people.

Overreaction? Perhaps...maybe even likely.   The issue and risk is if they underreacted.   At the end of the day, the damage of underreacting is worth the nuisance of overreacting.

I can respect that...   the political landscape is heavily influenced..   especially with universal healthcare..  not having health insurance, and a scare of an epidemic virus,  which has been around since the 60's, would definitely effect the votes...      still the question at hand is do you think the NFL will close the draft??

When major events are being cancelled, it is an issue. At first I was skeptical, but do you think for one second the NBA, NCAA, etc. are just acting on what the media & liberals are saying??? 

My guess is they probably consulted some experts on the subject before taking these drastic measures.

Posted (edited)

I do think this is a little bit over blow.  Not to say it isn't to be taken seriously.  It is a concern.  Sounds like the average person doesn't even have symptoms on par with the flu.  If you are older and have underlying health issues, then there is a lot more to be concerned about.

We live in a world where news travels fast.  When something is a "hot topic," its going to be everywhere.  This is just the unfortunate side of the 24 hour instant news cycle.  Social media has brought us together, but we are looking at how that closeness can be a negative.  Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. 

If by closed you mean not open to the public, yes.  With the technology today, there is no reason why 32 teams can't be linked up via satellite to make their picks. The NFL has turned it into an event to be attended, granted, fans have been going for years, but they are not needed.  Players don't have to be their either.  Leave the "red carpet" / spectacle out of it and just get down to business.

Edited by isproab

7 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

I can respect that...   the political landscape is heavily influenced..   especially with universal healthcare..  not having health insurance, and a scare of an epidemic virus,  which has been around since the 60's, would definitely effect the votes...      still the question at hand is do you think the NFL will close the draft??

I believe the NFL will come out with some type of announcement today.   Hopefully they will punt the decision until March 31st but put people on notice so they can cancel reservations and airline tickets or buy travel insurance so they aren’t blindsided if NFL decide to make the NFL Draft this year a non-public event.

Lol people thinking this very real disease is just a political attack because their leader said so is pretty comical. Comical if it wasn't so scary how brainwashed people are.

The same GOP senators who were laughing about how much of a joke this disease is, are self quarinteened right now. The major sports leagues are thankfully not as stupid and realize the implications of this pandemic, and are trying to reduce the spread.

Anyways, be hopeful that you don't get it, because you probably can't afford the medical bills anyways. But I'll wish you "thoughts and prayers".. cause that'll help. 

Posted (edited)

Our incompetent government declined the COVID-19 tests offered by WHO, putting it weeks behind in diagnosing this virus, which has 10 times the lethality of the common flu.

If we had the number of tests we need, we likely would be floored by how many Americans actually have  contracted this vs. the number reported.

I predict this thread will not age well.

Edited by FalconAge

23 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Its definitely overly politicized. It has a lower fatality% than most.flu strains.

I don't get why people are perpetrating this BS. Flu has a fatality rate (depending on strain) between 0.05% and 0.5% typically. Coronavirus has a fatality rate of 3.4%-4% total, and if we're only counting those who have completely recovered or died (not those still with it) the rate is 6%. All of these statistics are widely available. 

For the record, I think the concern for self is largely overreactions...but concern on a global level? If anything, the US has underreacted.

21 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

It's somewhere between 10 - 20 times more fatal than seasonal flu. That's somewhat conservative given its around 4% in the US right now (40x more fatal than flu) and 5% in Italy (50x more fatal than flu).

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Snowen said:

Lol people thinking this very real disease is just a political attack because their leader said so is pretty comical. Comical if it wasn't so scary how brainwashed people are.

The same GOP senators who were laughing about how much of a joke this disease is, are self quarinteened right now. The major sports leagues are thankfully not as stupid and realize the implications of this pandemic, and are trying to reduce the spread.

Anyways, be hopeful that you don't get it, because you probably can't afford the medical bills anyways. But I'll wish you "thoughts and prayers".. cause that'll help. 

I look at it this way, the "System" will self correct.  This "stock market" we have created does it.  Our economy goes through it.  I don't think our societal behaviors are any different.

I'm amazed how one party was h*ll bent on ripping up the ACA and making sure it wasn't improved, but gotten rid of.  Then this week I hear the current administration talking about how they were working with insurance companies to make sure there were no financial barriers to Covid-19 testing.  They were talking about insurance companies waiving co-pays so that people that wanted/needed the test could get it.  Its amazing how things get done when your fellow citizen needs health care in order to make sure we are all in good health.

How about we do the right thing from the start.  I'm not saying we need government funded "Cadillac" healthcare plans for everyone.  I'm saying we need need minimum standard of care for all.  If you can afford to pay and acquire more, great.  Let's not act like there is not enough money in our system for it.  We just choose to spend it on other things. 

Edited by isproab

I laugh at 45's payroll tax relief and his message of "not to worry, it's no big deal" to the American people to save his economy and stock market. I'm sorry, but that's political. He's incapable of empathy and compassion. His undereaction and handling of it so far compared to the world is unacceptable. The best way to contain it is medical care and limit mobility but 45 is implementing a payroll tax relief to encourage people to go to work and surround themselves with more people considering the incubation period is 1-14 days. This country needs universal paid sick leave offered by the govt in times like these (and always) like other countries are doing, not a payroll tax relief to keep your economy from suffering. 

The virus definitely is being used for political agendas but the virus is concerning.  Block out the people filled with obvious motives  and put yourself in a position for success. Don’t fall for the fear mongering but prepare just in case. Politicians and the media always uses tragedy for their gain and this virus will be no different.