JayOzOne

NBA Suspending Season - Is The NFL Next?

251 posts in this topic

Okay, this is getting scarier. Not sure the NFL would have the balls to suspend the season if it were in session but the NBA just did it. All the talk of the draft, the CBA and free agency seems a lot less important. Anybody think that the NFL (or NCAA, MLB or NHL) is at risk of postponement due to COVID-19?

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

NFL season is too far away to know for sure...but I can guarantee you MLB is going to make a move

NFL and MLB are motivated almost solely for loot. Adam Silver is an outlier as a commissioner who puts social awareness before money. I don't see Roger to be that responsible.

3 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Draft might be strictly televised..no players or fans..

Never considered that... Wow.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

My CBS news alert just said that Tom Hanks has tested positive as well.

This **** is scary.

Really?

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

My CBS news alert just said that Tom Hanks has tested positive as well.

This **** is scary.

His wife infected as well

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus

Thats what I just got on my ESPN alert.

Yep. The season had to be cancelled. He probably spread it to other players and they just don’t know it yet. 

China has screwed up on a historic level.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Olympics gets cancelled. 

SirCzah likes this

13 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Draft might be strictly televised..no players or fans..

Smart thing to do and would condense some of it which would be great to viewers, but I think it'll be contained by then.

Smart thing to do would pick a date and shut everything down for two weeks to stop transmission spread. Businesses, schools etc. Have everyone stock up on what they need and be prepared to stay home for 14 days. Those who realize they're infected within the 14 days would just be transported to the hospital or stay isolated in their home.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Serie A suspended its season. Soccer in Italy is as big as the NFL is in the US.

This is a lot bigger than sports. Who knows whether it'll still be a problem of this magnitude in August, but it's definitely gonna wreak havoc this spring. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

15 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

NFL and MLB are motivated almost solely for loot. Adam Silver is an outlier as a commissioner who puts social awareness before money. I don't see Roger to be that responsible.

That league has also seen ratings crumble because of their open politics, which is hypocritical when they remained mum on China.

I wonder if Vince McMahon is going to suspend the XFL this weekend? It'd be hard during the initial season. 

8 minutes ago, stizz said:

Smart thing to do and would condense some of it which would be great to viewers, but I think it'll be contained by then.

Smart thing to do would pick a date and shut everything down for two weeks to stop transmission spread. Businesses, schools etc. Have everyone stock up on what they need and be prepared to stay home for 14 days. Those who realize they're infected within the 14 days would just be transported to the hospital or stay isolated in their home.

That's a good idea. Sadly would never work. You'd have those ******** buying 500 rolls of toilet paper and such and leaving none for everyone else.

stizz likes this

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I wonder if Vince McMahon is going to suspend the XFL this weekend? It'd be hard during the initial season. 

Didn’t the Seattle game get suspended 

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That's a good idea. Sadly would never work. You'd have those ******** buying 500 rolls of toilet paper and such and leaving none for everyone else.

True, but I think too many people think Walmart, Target etc. for that stuff, causing big lines. I'd just make a run up to Walgreens or CVS for water and toilet paper. 

Ovie_Lover likes this