Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kenn.junior

Would you be mad if we go Oline again

1 hour ago, *TMo* said:

I would not be upset. Let's get nasty on offense.

That's what they tried to do last year and it didn't work. They need help on both sides of the line. Just hope they can pick some people who want and can play.

For me it would depend on who's available there and how much better of a player the O-lineman is we could take compared to the players at other positions.  If it was a legit top 5 lineman like Wirfs or Bechton and Kinlaw, Brown, Simmons etc.. were already gone thats similar talent to them i wouldn't have a problem with it.  If they took them over those guys listed i would be pretty ticked off but would still atleast be happy we got a good player and it wasn't some random CB or TE in the 1st lol.

12 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

If Wirfs is there at 16 he has to be BPA. That said I don’t think we have to worry about that. Any other OL, no way. 

Thomas? 

Behind chase young. The de class is trash. Oline and dt class are deep. So, if the a top olineman falls into our lap like

Ridley did you have to draft him. It will solidify the oline. I'm hoping kinlaw falls into our lap.

Yes, I would be, but we are not going OL first.. So I wan't be mad. We will take I'd say Best DE available and a slight possibility could get a DT first and a DE in the second.. But I truly believe we take a DE with our first pick.  The only other player I wouldn't mind getting at 16 would be QB Herbert for the future of this team. But he would be the only player I'd want to see other than a DE or a DT.

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Yes, I would be, but we are not going OL first.. So I wan't be mad. We will take I'd say Best DE available and a slight possibility could get a DT first and a DE in the second.. But I truly believe we take a DE with our first pick.  The only other player I wouldn't mind getting at 16 would be QB Herbert for the future of this team. But he would be the only player I'd want to see other than a DE or a DT.

Herbert at 16? Nah man... not at all. We need impact players right now, not some pine-rider 

21 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Herbert at 16? Nah man... not at all. We need impact players right now, not some pine-rider 

Well, I agree with u that Herbert is probably not going to be on their board at this time.. But man how I'd love for him to be the QB to take Ryan's place when he steps down.. I'd say the FO has talked to Ryan to see how he is thinking and how much longer he plans to play, Hey,, who knows.. He may be getting tired of the slobber knocking he gets ,, Hope he stays for another couple of years.. But that is the reason I'd like to have Herbert to be able to step right in and take over when Ryan does decide to retire. 

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I agree with u that Herbert is probably not going to be on their board at this time.. But man how I'd love for him to be the QB to take Ryan's place when he steps down.. I'd say the FO has talked to Ryan to see how he is thinking and how much longer he plans to play, Hey,, who knows.. He may be getting tired of the slobber knocking he gets ,, Hope he stays for another couple of years.. But that is the reason I'd like to have Herbert to be able to step right in and take over when Ryan does decide to retire. 

Lawrence or Fields would be better than Herbert. 

5 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Lawrence or Fields would be better than Herbert. 

Id like to get either DE AJ Epensa , or Herbert with the 1st round pick..

Second round I'd like either DL Rashard Lawrence LSU or DL Rackwon Davis Cal. 

Third round I'd like either Cal. S Ashtyn Davis, or Texas S Brandon Jones

Forth round , ILB Joe Bachie or ILB Shaguille Quaterman.. Really like this player a lot.

Filth round , DL3T Ross Blalklock  or DL3T Benning Potoie 

Sixth round, OC Tystan Colon Castillo  Missouri,, 6-4 , 315

Seventh round, Got to go to a job.. finish latter.. 

17 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I would be annoyed unless we traded one of the others.  If we drafted Thomas and traded McGary for a 2nd, I’m good with it.  The additional 2nd makes up for the $3,000,000 CAP hit.  But only if the FO thinks it’s a clear upgrade

Ugh...no way we trade Kaleb.

If Wirfs fell, I'd be down. He's a beast

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Id like to get either DE AJ Epensa , or Herbert with the 1st round pick..

Second round I'd like either DL Rashard Lawrence LSU or DL Rackwon Davis Cal. 

Third round I'd like either Cal. S Ashtyn Davis, or Texas S Brandon Jones

Forth round , ILB Joe Bachie or ILB Shaguille Quaterman.. Really like this player a lot.

Filth round , DL3T Ross Blalklock  or DL3T Benning Potoie 

Sixth round, OC Tystan Colon Castillo  Missouri,, 6-4 , 315

Seventh round, Got to go to a job.. finish latter.. 

Hebert? Bro, lay off the wacky tobacky

Brandon Jones and Ashyton Davis are nothing alike.

Neither are bachie and quarterman 

Have you watched any of these players play? Or are you going off a website?

I'm being serious

11 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Ugh...no way we trade Kaleb.

If Wirfs fell, I'd be down. He's a beast

If you can upgrade and get a 2nd round pick, why not?

McGary gets the Takk treatment around here (not directing this at you)...lol.  I suspect he has a better season, but until then he is still the guy that allowed nearly a sack per game.  

Kaleb may have had the worst rookie season for a 1st round pick by ATL since Sam Baker

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

McGary gets the Takk treatment around here (not directing this at you)...lol.  I suspect he has a better season, but until then he is still the guy that allowed nearly a sack per game.  

Kaleb may have had the worst rookie season for a 1st round pick by ATL since Sam Baker

Kaleb made big strides over the year, no way do I let him walk. 

Baker, at the time, made a lot of sense with the run on LTs

20 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Yes, 28 year old Matthews only has a year left.......

Literally scrolled down just to be sure I wasn't the only one that read that and was like :huh:

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sam proved that it is possible for a t-rex to play football professionally and I for one am glad he was able to bridge that gap for t-rexes everywhere.

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I'm being serious

I cannot lie !!  And I do not lie,, I'd love to get Herbert for our Future QB.. Sure, most likely we will not get him.. That still don't stop me from wanting to get him. Yes,, I think I see more potential in HIm than any QB I've seen in many years... JMO.... And I will be a robot for no one... I tell it like it is. What I think,, not what you think.. We all have an opinion, and if we were all just alike, I wouldn't spend my time talking to a bunch of people who think Just like I do.. How boring would that be ??? !!! 

7 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I'm being serious

What does it matter if they are different??  That's weird,, Hey,,  you have my permission to not be negative about everything I write down about the draft.. You don't have to like it,, you don't have to hate it.. It really doesn't matter to me how you feel about my mocks.. I toss and turn about 30 seconds every night to go to sleep.. But if I tried to fix everybody else.. That would be a rough life.. :yikes:

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

What does it matter if they are different??  That's weird,, Hey,,  you have my permission to not be negative about everything I write down about the draft.. You don't have to like it,, you don't have to hate it.. It really doesn't matter to me how you feel about my mocks.. I toss and turn about 30 seconds every night to go to sleep.. But if I tried to fix everybody else.. That would be a rough life.. :yikes:

Have you watched these guys actually play? In asking a legit question...do they even fit the falcons? Or are you just going off some website? 

Not being negative, asking a legit question.

13 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Have you watched these guys actually play? In asking a legit question...do they even fit the falcons? Or are you just going off some website? 

Not being negative, asking a legit question.

Yes, I've seen a lot of clips with the camera on them ,, on NFL net work,, They talk about what each player is good at and their weaknesses..  So they do all the work,, and I watch those clips and highlights of each player.. So that's how I get a lot of quick info.. NFL net does it for us.

45 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Probably a lot more than you have..

I wasn't being rude. 

I was just hoping to hear some analysis from what you've seen from each of those players? For example why Brandon Jones and Ashyton Davis as the two safeties that we have to have at least one of.

Was Jones impressive in single high and demonstrate tremendous range? Did Davis drop in the box often?

10 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I wasn't being rude. 

I was just hoping to hear some analysis from what you've seen from each of those players? For example why Brandon Jones and Ashyton Davis as the two safeties that we have to have at least one of.

Was Jones impressive in single high and demonstrate tremendous range? Did Davis drop in the box often?

Ok, well,,I'm sorry if I took you wrong... The only things I go by is the clips of how well they played the last few years on NFL net and ESPN. Tapes on all the Draft shows and how well they did during the combines,, Then I take into account their measure-ables and size factor. As we all know, in some positions, it pays to be bigger and stronger than anybody else in that position. I've noticed it more this year than any other how large some of these players are now.. They keep getting bigger every year.. it's kind of crazy,, how big some players are now.  

I know with most players,  I don't see near as many games as I do with the teams I follow, and I  don't watch as much of their games, This is just a side hobby that I've always enjoyed to see who we draft.  My goal is finding the players of need our team needs most and who is best at those positions per round they will be drafted in,, For example,, WR is the deepest in History of the draft. So,, I don't think we will draft a WR,, since we don't need a WR near as much as 7 other positions.. , But who knows,,If the FO thinks we need to pick up one while the gettin is good,, Then fine.. But I think we should just wait and pick a good one up after the draft.. we could get a WR that would normally be a 5th round pick in any other draft. JMO,,   And lastly,, That's why I made the draft game I have put up for the last many years.. To see who can guess the most players we get in the Draft.. Maybe this will be my year to finially win it..  I doubt it... It's hard to know who we will draft. Even TD don't know who we'll end up with,, it's all according to what the teams right before our picks will do.. Get our target of draft a player we didn't have on our board. I know one thing,, no matter what happens,, if any team can't come away from this draft with a lot of talent. they are not very good at seeing great players. I've never seen this much talent.

And for this reason,, I sure hope we trade down in the 3rd or 4th rounds,, and even both, I'd love to see us pick up two more picks in an epic Draft such as this one.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, MSalmon said:

Kaleb made big strides over the year, no way do I let him walk. 

Baker, at the time, made a lot of sense with the run on LTs

i felt like Kaleb is better when his rookie mate is next to him

As someone who as a kid was spoiled with the likes of Mike Kenn, Bill Fralic, Van Note, R.C. Thielmann, etc., the more the better.

That O-line that Bart had is what jumped him into becoming a really good QB.

Ryan is already good but could repeat 2016 numbers if given more time.