Pick 47  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want another defensive player, a top running back or G/C? Why?

13 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Even if we address it this year he won't start unless we move on from Mack... so technically still a rookie starting.

There is a big difference though of having a year of NFL coaching and practice and gelling with the other lineman. (IMO). Not to mention the coaches will have an idea what they have there after seeing him for a year, and can then re-address what we have the following spring if needed. Not to mention we have depth at the position of Mack got hurt, and then he would get some game time.

We could take a guy where we see value (in this draft) and not have to likely pass on better talent to fill a need (or trade up to fill that need) If we have  glaring hole there. 

there are no obvious guarantees, but it generally works out better to not have to panic to fill a need, especially on OL where it helps to build continuity. I still go right to Jamaal Anderson to think of when we reach to fill a need. 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:17 PM, GATXBOI said:

With the 47th pick in the draft would you want another defensive player, a top running back or an G/C? WHY?

Provided we take care of the DE position at 16, I think we need a G/C next.  Fairly confident there will be a serviceable RB after that, to enhance the ones we already have... 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:23 PM, GATXBOI said:

I understand picking him but I just feel like that is too much invested in one spot even though in coming seasons he replaces Mack. 

For me hopefully Gono gets it done and we draft mack replacement next year. 

I want him or Tyler Badazz (my new spelling of his name) to replace Mack right now. Cut Mack, save Cap money, re-sign Hooper with it. This season will be a lost season anyway, since Quin is still here, so no point in wringing the last drop out of Alex Mack. Let Badazz learn, and get seasoned for when we hire a (hopefully) competent coach that might get us through a quick rebuild rather than a decade-long wander through the NFL desert.

2 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I want him or Tyler Badazz (my new spelling of his name) to replace Mack right now. Cut Mack, save Cap money, re-sign Hooper with it. This season will be a lost season anyway, since Quin is still here, so no point in wringing the last drop out of Alex Mack. Let Badazz learn, and get seasoned for when we hire a (hopefully) competent coach that might get us through a quick rebuild rather than a decade-long wander through the NFL desert.

Wrong.

7 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Ryan was one of the most pressured QBs in the league last year, Id rather not get rid of our second best offensive linemen last from last year and the guy who is still really good at adjusting our blocking up front, especially with having two second year players on the right hand side, they will still need that help and veteran presence.  You cut Mack for a rookie and put Gono at left guard and we have the least experienced line in the league, partner that with how Koetter hangs his line out to dry and Ryan stands no chance, nor does the run game.

5 minutes ago, Rings said:

Ryan was one of the most pressured QBs in the league last year, Id rather not get rid of our second best offensive linemen last from last year and the guy who is still really good at adjusting our blocking up front, especially with having two second year players on the right hand side, they will still need that help and veteran presence.  You cut Mack for a rookie and put Gono at left guard and we have the least experienced line in the league, partner that with how Koetter hangs his line out to dry and Ryan stands no chance, nor does the run game.

You said it yourself: even WITH Alex Mack, Ryan was the most-pressured QB in the league, or close to it. Even WITH Mack we had no running game. Due to Koetter's incompetence and devotion to a 2-decade old scheme that is completely out of touch with the realities of modern NFL play, neither Ryan nor our running game have any chance at ALL whether we have an expensive and deteriorating Alex Mack or a dirt-cheap rookie who can learn something this year so he can thrive under a more competent HC/OC next year.

Pretty much every mock I’ve done has me choosing Taylor, Dobbins or Swift at 47. The only time I haven’t is when Chaisson and Kinlaw have both been scooped and the only option is Wirfs. In that scenario I usually look for Blacklock or Gallimore at 47, then Dobbins or Akers at 55.

13 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Miracles never cease. For once, we agree on something. :ninja:

RB - (Wouldn't be unhappy with another defensive player either.) 

I would like to go RB, because I truly believe we are devoid of a big time play maker at that position.  I also believe the OL is going to be vastly improved this season, so we should be able to run the ball.  A good running game helps EVERYBODY! Protects Matt Ryan and keeps our defense off of the field.

I want the line G/C.  I know its not popular but as of now Matt is not safe behind a good line.  No running back is going to great without a good line.   Another thing, we need to develop the line before Matt retires.  We don't want a rookie QB with a unsatisfactory line.  That time will be here before you know it.