2021 Compensatory Picks should be considered

gazoo

When considering our offseason moves, it would be prudent to include the likelihood of TD hoping to get a couple of good compensatory draft picks in the 2021 draft as part of your calculus.

As it stands, it appears we will likely lose Hooper and Campbell, and Beasley for certain. Hooper could bring us as high as a 3rd or 4th , what do you all think Beasley and Campbell could garner? 

Considering the formula, I’m sure we’d have a net loss of qualifying FAs of at least 2, maybe more.

I’m pretty sure we won’t resign Jack Crawford, but that we will resign Clayborn and Division. Hardy will probably get away being another loss. 

if the numbers pan out the way they look to me now, I think we could see 3 decent compensatory picks next year. 

13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

A 6th maybe. 5th if we're lucky. That might increase the chances of Thomas Dimitroff trading up for someone like Derek Brown or Chase Young if he's in a high risk taking mood.

I really don’t know what another team might be willing to pay Beasley but it would be enough to garner a good compensatory pick. CAMPBELL as well. 

I see Hooper getting 12-13/yr, Campbell getting at least 6-8/yr, and Vic around the same but up to 12/yr if someone is really feeling it. Campbell and Vic's could be surprising. I can see a 3rd and 4th/5th depending who we sign to offset things. If we target cut players that'd be even better.

10 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I see Hooper getting 12-13/yr, Campbell getting at least 6-8/yr, and Vic around the same but up to 12/yr if someone is really feeling it. Campbell and Vic's could be surprising. I can see a 3rd and 4th/5th depending who we sign to offset things. If we target cut players that'd be even better.

I think that's realistic for all three. Extra chess pieces, but 2021 draft looking very obscure right now. We could end up with TD using them to make some Mercurial move up, or a new GM might be using them as part of a re-tool of a dramatically changing roster. 

2 hours ago, Someday soon said:

What day in May is it when free agents don't count against compensatory picks?  Can the fan base wait that long?  Until then please keep TD isolated and away from Blank's checkbook. 

Last year it was May 7, but I'm not sure about this year.

12 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think we probably keep Freeman and Trufant