Can you imagine if the Falcons traded up for Chase Young AND signed Dante Fowler in free agency?!?

If we trade up for Chase Young AND signed Dante Fowler Jr our defensive line would be Young, Fowler, Grady and Takk with guys like Deion Jones, Kazee, Neal and Trufant in the back end with Raheem Morris calling the defense that would be awesome!

We could take our other 2nd pick and draft a center and a tight end or a running back with our 4th and 5th. We'd be a legit contender for at least 2 years!

We would have a lot of roster holes and an even worse cap situation and we`d be dealing with 2 more expensive busts at DE.

Edge Rushers go to die here, build our defense so even bad edge rushers can get sacks.

Build the interior DL and secondary. We need to stop thinking we need saviour edge rushers to get sacks

50 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We wouldn't be hearing about no pass rush anymore. Lol

Or our ability to put a squad on the field around them.  Over the next two years these players will be free agents:

2021: Alex Mack, Allen Bailey, Keanu Neal, Damontae Kazee, Luke Stocker, Jaeden Graham, Younghoo Koo, Matt Gono, both backups QBs + others.

2022: Calvin Ridley (5th yr option), Ricardo Allen, Jamon Brown, Ty Sambrailo, Takk McKinley, Isiah Oliver, Ito Smith, Dedrin Senat, Russell Gage, Foyesade Oluokun, Olimide Zaccheaus + others.

That is basically half of our starting roster gone in two years.  If you trade away draft picks this year and next for one player and sign a big name free agent, while we are projected to have the least amount of cap space in 2021 and 2022, how do you plan on building a team to put on the field and be competitive?

40 minutes ago, Rings said:

Or our ability to put a squad on the field around them.  Over the next two years these players will be free agents:

2021: Alex Mack, Allen Bailey, Keanu Neal, Damontae Kazee, Luke Stocker, Jaeden Graham, Younghoo Koo, Matt Gono, both backups QBs + others.

2022: Calvin Ridley (5th yr option), Ricardo Allen, Jamon Brown, Ty Sambrailo, Takk McKinley, Isiah Oliver, Ito Smith, Dedrin Senat, Russell Gage, Foyesade Oluokun, Olimide Zaccheaus + others.

That is basically half of our starting roster gone in two years.  If you trade away draft picks this year and next for one player and sign a big name free agent, while we are projected to have the least amount of cap space in 2021 and 2022, how do you plan on building a team to put on the field and be competitive?

I think the salary cap goes way up next year. That would definitely need to be considered. I would extend Alex Mack.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If we trade up for Chase Young AND signed Dante Fowler Jr our defensive line would be Young, Fowler, Grady and Takk with guys like Deion Jones, Kazee, Neal and Trufant in the back end with Raheem Morris calling the defense that would be awesome!

We could take our other 2nd pick and draft a center and a tight end or a running back with our 4th and 5th. We'd be a legit contender for at least 2 years!

I’d be ok with it 

6 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Wouldn't expect much if anything out of Takk this season.. Hes still recovering from shoulder surgery and hasnt even began working out.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Takk gets cut and retires after this his 3rd shoulder surgery 

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

I don’t think the team can give away draft picks we will need everyone after this year

Its mind boggling that people want to trade that much for one player. Did it before and could not draft any real talent for a few years. The OL and Front 7 were safrificed. Ryan has gotten killed for like 6 seasons now. Still havent drafted any pass rushers either 

10 hours ago, Rings said:

It goes up every year, it went up this year as well, doesn’t mean we have room as most of our contracts are back loaded.

This isn't really true. Julio's number goes down, Grady's number stays flat, ryan goes way up but he will be restructured and or extended. Mathews goes up slightly but then goes down. Or 2021 cap space isn't that bad once you get rid of 20+ million in ol backups.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This isn't really true. Julio's number goes down, Grady's number stays flat, ryan goes way up but he will be restructured and or extended. Mathews goes up slightly but then goes down. Or 2021 cap space isn't that bad once you get rid of 20+ million in ol backups.

Gradys goes up each year, Ryan’s peaks in 2021 & 2022, Julio’s peaks in 2021, Mathews peaks in 2021 & 2022, Deion Jones goes up every year, Tru’s peaks in 2021 (if still on team).

So it is true.  Just because a couple trail off 2-3 mil in 2023 doesn’t mean the next two years aren’t going to be extremely tight, which was my entire point.  We need cap space and cheap draft picks.  Team is way too too heavy.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 0:20 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Wouldn't expect much if anything out of Takk this season.. Hes still recovering from shoulder surgery and hasnt even began working out.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Takk gets cut and retires after this his 3rd shoulder surgery 

I don't think he'll get cut, but I don't have any hopes for him either.  #Bust

On 3/7/2020 at 8:30 PM, MAD597 said:

We would have a lot of roster holes and an even worse cap situation and we`d be dealing with 2 more expensive busts at DE.

Edge Rushers go to die here, build our defense so even bad edge rushers can get sacks.

Build the interior DL and secondary. We need to stop thinking we need saviour edge rushers to get sacks

You catch a lot of **** from people here but that post couldn't be more true.