I’ll say it now outside of Young this DE class blows chunks.

I’d rather invest all our resourcing somewhere else on the defense and just stop gap DE in FA with guys like Means Clayborn and Irvin types and live with Takk Larkin and Tuioti Mariner.

Add talent at DB LBer or IDL but DE nope **** nooo it’s garbage.

45 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’d rather invest all our resourcing somewhere else on the defense and just stop gap DE in FA with guys like Means Clayborn and Irvin types and live with Takk Larkin and Tuioti Mariner.

I like a few guys in specific roles - Strowbridge as an inside and out guy, Coe as a big 5-tech, Uche as a strong side LB and nickel DE, ditto Chaisson, Highsmith as a developmental pass rusher, Epenesa in the 2nd as a high floor guy with tools, Darrell Taylor in the 3rd or 4th as a guy with developmental potential...but yeah. This class really doesn't have much in the way of top end talent.

Been doing mock all day and I think if Chaisson Brown or Kinlaw is gone, then we should just take Swift at 16 and our draft should be smooth to fill defense picks and get mack replacement without reaching.. I think it would be good to have a running back on a 5th yr option

22 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Been doing mock all day and I think if Chaisson Brown or Kinlaw is gone, then we should just take Swift at 16 and our draft should be smooth to fill defense picks and get mack replacement without reaching.. I think it would be good to have a running back on a 5th yr option

I rather take Gallimore or a CB

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Like every year, take what the draft offers.  Don't buy into hype and judge every prospect with respect to every prospect from every year.  

This is not the year of DE's but it is the year of OT's, RB's, DT's and WR's.  

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I like a few guys in specific roles - Strowbridge as an inside and out guy, Coe as a big 5-tech, Uche as a strong side LB and nickel DE, ditto Chaisson, Highsmith as a developmental pass rusher, Epenesa in the 2nd as a high floor guy with tools, Darrell Taylor in the 3rd or 4th as a guy with developmental potential...but yeah. This class really doesn't have much in the way of top end talent.

What's your take on Grenard and Weaver. I like these two and Taylor as the guys with the biggest upside in this draft?

5 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

What's your take on Grenard and Weaver. I like these two and Taylor as the guys with the biggest upside in this draft?

Greenard is a 4th round guy being treated like a 2nd round guy and Weaver is stiff as a brick. Depends when they go but since both are mocked in the 2nd and I don't think there's value taking em there, I've only watched enough to make an opinion. Just not interested. But if we took them later I'd watch more to see what they could bring/develop. I like Greenard just a little more.

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I guess I’m an idiot because I like him & his upside.  :shrug:
but please carry on...

He has athletic upside. What he doesn't have (imho) is dog. He isn't mean.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Greenard is a 4th round guy being treated like a 2nd round guy and Weaver is stiff as a brick. Depends when they go but since both are mocked in the 2nd and I don't think there's value taking em there, I've only watched enough to make an opinion. Just not interested. But if we took them later I'd watch more to see what they could bring/develop. I like Greenard just a little more.

Here's what I saw/or like about them.

Weaver - yep stiff, also not a ton of pass rush moves. The place where he makes up for it is his closing speed. When he gets off a block and sees and window to the ball, he's covered that ground before the player holding the ball can blink.

Taylor - You really have to pay attention to what down it is when watching his vids. If you do you'll notice eye popping get-off and a high level of pressure on the QB very consistently on 3rd down and when down/distance allow him to go all in.

Grenard - best all around physical tools/physique for the position. Needs a lot of training but he really looks like a guy who could put it together.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I wouldn’t go judging the mans heart brother.