Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really enjoyed the video. Felt you're on the mark with your four points for that DL ~ talent, attitude, STUNTS and putting the different position groups back together.

Your comments on Tosh Lupoi being a great DL coach who's a motivator and can get the most from the speed on this defensive front in stunts and twists is very encouraging. Maybe his fire can re-ignite Takk and bring Deadrin Senat back from limbo. Maybe he and Jeff Simpson can turn Cominsky and Austin Larkin into QB-mauling beasts. If two or three of those guys get it going that changes the whole equation as far as the estimated talent level of the DL.

A couple of DL studs ~ one from FA and one from the draft ~ to go along with guys I expect we'll have back like Clayborn, Davison, Means, Crawford, etc. and a revitalized Takk and Senat and Jarrett being Jarrett, the talent level should unquestionably be enough to get those 22 DL sacks you talked about. And with blitzes and hopefully more coverage sacks added in, 36 total sacks shouldn't be an unreachable number by any stretch.

I'd like to see the Falcons grab Chaisson because I think he would be a true on-field leader on our defense. Someone with the confidence and fire to build that attitude this DL and entire defense has not had in Quinn's tenure. If you want to keep the OL guessing, I can't think of a better guy than Chaisson who can come from anywhere and sack the QB. Not to dismiss the impact Kinlaw could have alongside Jarrett if the FO decided to go that way, just my feeling Chaisson could be the Alpha Dog and spark that nasty, predatory, unit-wide bad attitude we all want to see.

Funny thing is those who blame it on coaching and not talent please answer the question of Grady Jarrett playing at a pro bowl level? Is that talent or coaching? Just curious....I think both needs upgrading. I’m glad we  got this new dL coach but you’re a fool to think the talent level is not part of the problem and has been.

2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Funny thing is those who blame it on coaching and not talent please answer the question of Grady Jarrett playing at a pro bowl level? Is that talent or coaching? Just curious....I think both needs upgrading. I’m glad we  got this new dL coach but you’re a fool to think the talent level is not part of the problem and has been.

13 years, 2 different head coaches, many different DCs and probably a dozen different postion coaches and we see the same results every year. The common denominator is TD.

7 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Grady's talent makes any dline coach look good. Now he can always learn something. And I think the benefit of have a former success DT in former dline coach Bryant Young. Definitely helped his growth. 

Unfortunately,  like Bryant Young did under Quinn with Florida Gators. He stepped down as the Falcons dline coach. Tosh Lupoi will benefit having a guy like Grady here. Although he had good talent in Cleveland. But he will at least have a model player to set the bench mark for the others players to get their game up. And play on Grady's level.

18 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

13 years, 2 different head coaches, many different DCs and probably a dozen different postion coaches and we see the same results every year. The common denominator is TD.

I agree 100%. There has been many pass rushers come and go to and from other teams while TD sat there all this time without having a pass rush worth a flip. Just to name a few from last year - R Quinn, Z Smith, P Smith, Fowler, M Golden, Chandler Jones, JPP, B Irvin, B Graham. But he’s the one common denominator for sure. He just can’t seem to find the final pieces of the puzzle.

He struggles or is stubborn with DL period.....fact

I know I know it’s mike smith and DQ fault/p. 

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Talent definitely matters. Why give a dL coach chicken scratch to work with? That’s lessening the impact the coach could have on the team if he’s good at his job. 

8 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Let me explain.

Grady Jarret is a self motivated son of a former NFL star. He needed little to no coaching to motivate him, keep in shape, work on his craft, and to play for more than just money.

A good coach would be Terry Robiskie (also Paul petrino and Joe horn). He identified the talent that Roddy white had, found his motivator (Roddy was a family man) helped him work on his weaknesses (eating out at McDonalds everyday, staying up late and partying) and helped him hone his skills

Vic, Takk, and Hageman were all first rd TALENTS. Do you think Bill Belichek's team would struggle to get production out of them? Would a Belichek run staff let Takk pig out on fried chicken all offseason until training camp and let him cry on twitter every week? Would a belichek run staff let Vic plateau and coast on his skills and not keep working on his craft and coddle him? Hageman got tough love from Bryan Cox, that's what Takk and Vic needed not Hageman. Hageman's needs weren't identified by his staff.

Here is an ESPN article breaking down the 2011 Niners who had the SAME talent the year before but turned it around with right coaching with Harbaugh https://www.espn.in/nfl/story/_/id/7087888/nfl-yes-coaching-matters

Here is a Harvard study on the importance of coaching in football. Which include roster building. https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/nfl-black-monday-insights-how-much-do-coaches-really-matter

1 hour ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Let me explain.

Grady Jarret is a self motivated son of a former NFL star. He needed little to no coaching to motivate him, keep in shape, work on his craft, and to play for more than just money.

A good coach would be Terry Robiskie (also Paul petrino and Joe horn). He identified the talent that Roddy white had, found his motivator (Roddy was a family man) helped him work on his weaknesses (eating out at McDonalds everyday, staying up late and partying) and helped him hone his skills

Vic, Takk, and Hageman were all first rd TALENTS. Do you think Bill Belichek's team would struggle to get production out of them? Would a Belichek run staff let Takk pig out on fried chicken all offseason until training camp and let him cry on twitter every week? Would a belichek run staff let Vic plateau and coast on his skills and not keep working on his craft and coddle him? Hageman got tough love from Bryan Cox, that's what Takk and Vic needed not Hageman. Hageman's needs weren't identified by his staff.

Here is an ESPN article breaking down the 2011 Niners who had the SAME talent the year before but turned it around with right coaching with Harbaugh https://www.espn.in/nfl/story/_/id/7087888/nfl-yes-coaching-matters

Here is a Harvard study on the importance of coaching in football. Which include roster building. https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/nfl-black-monday-insights-how-much-do-coaches-really-matter

There’s only one Bill Bilicheck. And if you think coaching is the only problem for Hageman Takk and Beasley had sorry dude the earth is not flat

On 3/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, UnrealfalcoN said:

Nah bro, coaches don't have to do anything. It's the GMs duty to draft 6 time probowlers, coaches just have to sit back and watch the wins roll in.

/s

2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

There’s only one Bill Bilicheck. And if you think coaching is the only problem for Hageman Takk and Beasley had sorry dude the earth is not flat

2 of them are gone so.

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

If that's what you understood from it, good luck. The vast majority raved about those draft selections when they were first added to the roster. You can replace the name Belichick with John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, Jim Schwartz whatever, it still remains true. 

If you think that coaches don't have anything to do with with drafting, roster building, developing or utilizing player talent, sorry dude the earth is not flat

Good coaches are good teachers.

Talent helps but as above good teachers get the best out of whatever talent they have.

Its funny this because everyone talks about how good Belichick is and no doubt about it he’s great.Thing is he surrounds himself with good teachers which maximises what he has.

As you well know NE don’t always have the best rosters talent wise but you can bet thee above hires people who maximise it under his tutelage and vision.

For me right now the Falcons are inbetween we have good teachers in Ulbrich and Morris who have shown what they can do without any additional talent.

The biggest problem in my eyes is identity & a coherent vision how to get there hence why we’ve had 2 inbetween seasons.Injuries didn’t obviously help 2 seasons ago.This is DQs issue and has been for awhile.