Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I Even Bleed Red

No Sanu, Hoopers gone, Julio too old to consistently beat double teams. Who will Ryan throw to? Enter Hunter Bryant TE Washington

6 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Care to back up your statement about Julio being too old?

3 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Too old to beat double teams lmfao

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Julio can’t beat doubles yeah heaven forbid how bout just line him up in the slot and let him abuse whoever they put in front of him.

He's 31 and, like I said, he can't consistently beat double teams. Actually watch the games, instead of personally acting ME.

Only ONE of our top receivers gets consistent separation, and it's NOT the expensive one. 

I realize it's an unpopular opinion, but i stand by my mf statement!

What....dude who’s you dealer cuz I legit want the strain your smokin.....Julio is a beast, and I am sure this dude will be beating double coverages at 33-34 possibly even 35. We are talkinf about the Adrian Peterson of the Wide Receiver position. He’s a hall of faker for a reason. 

1 minute ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

He's 31 and, like I said, he can't consistently beat double teams. Actually watch the games, instead of personally acting ME.

Only ONE of our top receivers gets consistent separation, and it's NOT the expensive one. 

:munch:

**** I love when they double down

2 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

What....dude who’s you dealer cuz I legit want the strain your smokin.....Julio is a beast, and I am sure this dude will be beating double coverages at 33-34 possibly even 35. We are talkinf about the Adrian Peterson of the Wide Receiver position. He’s a hall of faker for a reason. 

I said he can't CONSISTENTLY beat DOUBLE TEAMS - this means he's double teamed.

I said he's one of our TOP RECEIVERS - this means he's one of OUR top receives (WRs are one of the collective strength of this roster!)

And I'm the one smoking weed??? I don't smoke, and you shouldn't either. 

For the record, Julio IS a beast.

I'm a Julio fan and he's a fineeee talent. He still can no longer beat double teams. 

10 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

I don't think anyone personally attacked you lol. Just laughed and questioned your statement. 

That said I feel fairly certain that headline didn't say consistently originally but I could be wrong. It happened once. 

Just now, Dem Birds said:

I don't think anyone personally attacked you lol. Just laughed and questioned your statement. 

That said I feel fairly certain that headline didn't say consistently originally but I could be wrong. It happened once. 

It did

Just now, Dem Birds said:

Uh, yeah, we were. At least offensively. And that was with no protection or running game. 

Only one of our receivers gets constant separation bro...it's not Julio Jones (though he has 2 ppl on him)

Yes, Julio is a GREAT wide receiver. I never said otherwise. 

BUT this threat was about  Hunter Bryant, TE Washington. 

Sorry I "attacked" ya'lls lord and savior. 

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

What are you basing your assumption off.

Watch the games you reckon it’s clear you haven’t.

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

I said he can't CONSISTENTLY beat DOUBLE TEAMS - this means he's double teamed.

I said he's one of our TOP RECEIVERS - this means he's one of OUR top receives (WRs are one of the collective strength of this roster!)

And I'm the one smoking weed??? I don't smoke, and you shouldn't either. 

For the record, Julio IS a beast.

I'm a Julio fan and he's a fineeee talent. He still can no longer beat double teams. 

I disagree completely old chap, but that’s why we’re fans we can agree to disagree.

Meh i'll pass im not interested in a TE that early in the draft because where as hooper was a good player he didn't really change much of the total impact of our offense compared to when he was injured and when he was there.  The rest of the guys picked up his slack quite easily and caught more balls because we have so many good targets already.   I'll be ok with a TE in the 5th to 7th round if one falls and is BPA other than that i rather keep our early draft picks for more impactful position of legit needs like DE, DT, OLB, RB, and LG/C   Once all of those are covered via draft and FA then im game for taking a CB or TE after that for depth or upside.  Im more than comfortable with Graham + a 2 to 4 mil dollar vet with some sure hands handling TE based on what i saw last year when hooper went down.

2 hours ago, AxManBigFan said:

I disagree completely old chap, but that’s why we’re fans we can agree to disagree.

You and i would say 99.9% of everyone who watches nfl games will disagree with him on this one.

I don't recall any WR in the history of the NFL that consistently beat double coverage.  The great ones OFTEN beat double coverage, but I don't think that there is a single WR that you could count on to beat double coverage nearly every time.  

What I am saying applies to Rice, Moss, Owens, Fitzgerald, Carter, Irvin, A. Brown, Sharpe, Harrison, T. Brown and Bruce.  All of these guys were consistently double teamed.  And they often beat the coverage......but not consistently.  That is why defensed called that coverage.  They would rather deal with other receivers making a play rather than the star.

Having said that, I want to address the OP.  I believe his intent is to draw attention to a TE prospect by the name of Hunter Bryant.  I think most mocks have Bryant drafted in the second or early third rounds.  For that reason, I would not draft him.  

I am a BPA guy in the first round, but I begin to slant my draft philosophy to the NEEDS side of the ledger as the draft progresses.  I do that because in most drafts, the differences between the quality of prospects narrows as the draft moves along.  

In the second and third rounds, I would like to see us go after more needs.  I don't think that Koetter's offense relies heavily on TE's.  I think we should be drafting other needs and possibly taking advantage of a strong and deep WR draft.  

With respect to JJ.  I think he is still a great WR and will likely remain so for another couple of seasons.  It is not unreasonable to suspect that he will succumb to more injuries at this stage of his career, so we should not take for granted that he will be great forever.  

For now, JJ is great and I am not worried about the looming loss of Hooper as much as the gaping needs we have at RB, interior OL and the defense in general.  

I’m not sure OP understands what kind of coverages teams throw at Julio?  He’s 31 but he damm sure doesn’t look like he’s lost a step, PERIOD!  If you don’t bracket cover him, and leave a poor CB on an island alone with him, then Julio will either run past him with that aforementioned 4.3 speed, or he’ll use the threat of a vertical route to keep the CB honest before cutting on that deep out to get wide open.   Julio gets open because he excels at running the entire route tree!

7 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

LOL....and you’re completely full of ****.