TD on 92.9 FM at 1:00 PM Today

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL! On a personal note, my daughter is graduating from Wyoming this year and was a captain for WYO Soccer. She's good friends with Logan Wilson, so I'm hoping we do draft him!  (P.S. she was nam

OK I'll give it a shot   - Basically talks about how much the league has changed since he first became GM. - Talks about the Hooper\Campbell situation and basically how they were unable

Because I see this leaning more to a blitzing unit with Morris and more man coverage on the back end. They can't just sit back and rush four all day. Combo coverages with pressure looks. And DTs are p

OK I'll give it a shot

- Basically talks about how much the league has changed since he first became GM.

- Talks about the Hooper\Campbell situation and basically how they were unable to essentially pay everybody, doesn't mean they did not want them back. 

- Called the salary cap situation a non "h.ell" situation says that they will have to be more creative in their spending. It will be difficult, but not impossible. 

- Was asked about the potential to trade up. says he believes there will be some action between 10 to 20  among NFL teams . Wouldn't be opposed to trading down as well. and maybe trading back up at some point lol.

- Asked about the Julio trade and what goes into making a trade like that. says a lot or research and analyzing went into the trade-up of Julio ( contracts, length of contracts, etc.)

- Asked what the biggest need, states that they were looking into getting to the quarterback as a big priority  doesn't necessarily mean an Edge rusher per-say. "Not honed in on one player".

- Asked about selecting a RB before the 3rd round, believes that there is great value in the later rounds, but doesn't mean that they would not be opposed to taking a RB before the 3rd round.

That's what i got out of the conversation, not alot of meat lol. Others are free to chime in as well.

1 hour ago, SavvyFalcon89 said:

OK I'll give it a shot

- Asked what the biggest need, states that they were looking into getting to the quarterback as a big priority  doesn't necessarily mean an Edge rusher per-say. Not honed in on one player.

We're looking at the QBs as a big priority ?

2 hours ago, SavvyFalcon89 said:

Asked what the biggest need, states that they were looking into getting to the quarterback as a big priority  doesn't necessarily mean an Edge rusher per-say. Not honed in on one player.

Because I see this leaning more to a blitzing unit with Morris and more man coverage on the back end. They can't just sit back and rush four all day. Combo coverages with pressure looks. And DTs are plentiful in this draft. Don't reach for EDGE. 

18 minutes ago, vel said:

Because I see this leaning more to a blitzing unit with Morris and more man coverage on the back end. They can't just sit back and rush four all day. Combo coverages with pressure looks. And DTs are plentiful in this draft. Don't reach for EDGE. 

My thought exactly.  If you know you don't have the resources to get stud edge rushers then make the adjustment, get creative and go find a better bang for your buck to get the QB on his back.

16 minutes ago, vel said:

That's what it seems like in this case. To be honest, that might be the best course of action at this point considering the state of the defense at the moment. hopefully we find the "ingredient" and stick with it 

6 minutes ago, kschreck said:

My thought exactly.  If you know you don't have the resources to get stud edge rushers then make the adjustment, get creative and go find a better bang for your buck to get the QB on his back.

People will dislike it, but if you can improve the coverage on the back end, you can manufacture pressure. If they pay cheap vets on the DL and draft the secondary, people will complain but I'll understand. 

35 minutes ago, vel said:

For the love of god thank you.I thought everyone else was color blind just talking about edge and effecting the passer.

18 minutes ago, k-train said:

Are you actually buying that?

I mean... there's a LB from Wyoming who:

• Is white
  • Has blond hair
  • Was a three-year team captain

You know TD's got a boner for that kid.

LOL! On a personal note, my daughter is graduating from Wyoming this year and was a captain for WYO Soccer. She's good friends with Logan Wilson, so I'm hoping we do draft him! 

(P.S. she was named All-American and Mountain West Defensive MVP her senior season! ~ sorry just had to boast to my TAFT family :D Proud Pops!)

53 minutes ago, vel said:

People will dislike it, but if you can improve the coverage on the back end, you can manufacture pressure. If they pay cheap vets on the DL and draft the secondary, people will complain but I'll understand. 

Yep. Coverage & generating pressure usually go hand in hand.

2016 - Made playoffs, went to Super Bowl
6th best secondary in NFL per PFF
When we had both RIco & Neal healthy, we ended the season ranked as PFF's 6th best secondary. The Falcons finished 16th in sacks.

2017 - Made playoffs, narrowly lost in divisional round
5th best secondary in NFL per PFF
PFF had the Falcon's secondary ranked as the 5th best in the NFL & the Falcons finished 13th in sacks.

2018 - Missed playoffs
16th best secondary in NFL per PFF
With the loss of Neal & Rico to season-ending injuries, and Alford & Poole to free agency, the Falcons back end suffered. As a result, the Falcons finished 22nd in sacks.

2019 - Missed playoffs
25th best secondary in NFL per PFF
Losing Neal once again to a season-ending injury coupled with terrible communication caused the Falcons secondary to struggle mightily, especially early in the season. The Falcons did correct things half way through the year, but they still finished w/ the 25th ranked secondary & a defense that was 29th in sacks. However, 21 of the 28 sacks the Falcons got last year came in the last 8 games of the season... once the secondary improved communication. That's not a coincidence.