Baldy's Breakdown on Hooper entering FA

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be many times next year where Austin Hooper is sorely missed by fans and the Falcons organization

Yeah, gonna miss him but it's the right decision in my opinion, especially if they plan to go after a pass rusher with the money that would go his way. It's obviously a bigger need for this team consi

He became pretty clutch with Matt and rarely dropped passes compared to the start of his career. It's definitely doing to take some work filling his reps. Graham won't be a easy replacement as people

On 3/6/2020 at 4:07 AM, ya_boi_j said:

This can't be a shot at Hooper. You do realize that he was the legit 2nd option for the most part of the season while they were on the field together don't you?? Ridley's targets didn't increase until Hooper went down. And Hooper still finished with 4 more targets and 12 more catches than Ridley. Had both stayed healthy you're looking at 3 1,000 yard guys and Hooper almost likely finishes with more yards than Ridley considering the pace he was on. While we're at it, Hooper's catch rate compared to Ridley's show's who the more reliable player is. 

Game 1- Hooper 9 targets, 9 catches----Ridley 6 targets, 4 catches

Game 2- Hooper 6 targets, 4 catches---Ridley 10 targets, 8 catches

Game 3- Hooper 7 targets, 6 catches---Ridley 1 target, 1 catch

Game 4- Hooper 11 targets, 9 catches---Ridley 6 targets, 3 catches

Game 5- Hooper 9 targets, 6 catches---Ridley 9 targets, 5 catches

Game 6-Hooper 8 targets, 8 catches---Ridley 6 targets, 4 catches

Game 7-Hooper 5 targets, 4 catches---Ridley 7 targets, 4 catches

Game 14- Hooper 6 targets, 2 catches---Ridley 5 targets, 5 catches

Gonna have to gripe with that one J...the throws they were catching weren't one to one. The average Hoop catch was considerably easier than the average Ridley one, just judging by what I watched.

Hoop is a good TE and he'll make a team very happy, but using this same logic (catch rate) you could claim he's better than Julio.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Gonna have to gripe with that one J...the throws they were catching weren't one to one. The average Hoop catch was considerably easier than the average Ridley one, just judging by what I watched.

Hoop is a good TE and he'll make a team very happy, but using this same logic (catch rate) you could claim he's better than Julio.

It is what it is. If that's how you want to flip it be my guest. I can't control how he was covered, nor can he. Again, the main point was saying that he's successful because of Julio, Matt and Ridley is plain dumb and a lie. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It is what it is. If that's how you want to flip it be my guest. I can't control how he was covered, nor can he. Again, the main point was saying that he's successful because of Julio, Matt and Ridley is plain dumb and a lie. 

Not flipping anything. RBs have inflated catch rates too. Guess we'll see when he's got another guy throwing to him.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Not flipping anything. RBs have inflated catch rates too. Guess we'll see when he's got another guy throwing to him.

:shrug: again, the entire point was showing how ignorant it is to make that comment. I could easily counter argue that Ridley is only successful because of Julio's presence.