How surprised would you be if the Falcons ended up signing Hooper after all this?

It will all depend on what people are willing to pay him.  He's not a game breaking TE.  He's a dependable go-to guy.  If teams are willing to reset the TE market on a possession TE, then the Falcons will not get him back.  However, if other teams recognize Hooper for what he is, and no one drops the big bucks on him, then he could be back in a Falcons' uniform in 2020.  I figure that if he was available in the 7-8 million/year range, we would happily jump at that.  10+ million is just too much.

Quinn and TD know if they don't get this team deep in the play-offs this year, they're done. With that as the backdrop for every off-season roster decision they make, if they really deep down believed Hooper was a must-have part of this offense, he would never have been allowed to test FA. They would've figured out something.

Im just not sure how some fans keep saying we are in a Superbowl window.. When in reality we are in a potential coaching transition, our GM could be fired at anytime, we are in terrible cap position and we cant even resign some very good players.. 

Idk what a Superbowl window looks like to some fans, but this definitely isnt the ideal model to me 

4 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im just not sure how some fans keep saying we are in a Superbowl window.. When in reality we are in a potential coaching transition, our GM could be fired at anytime, we are in terrible cap position and we cant even resign some very good players.. 

Idk what a Superbowl window looks like to some fans, but this definitely isnt the ideal model to me 

We did just beat the NFC champions. I'd say we are capable of doing some damage if the good Falcons show up.

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We did just beat the NFC champions. I'd say we are capable of doing some damage if the good Falcons show up.

We have gotten worse every year since the SB and the outcome of the SB has pretty much scarred the franchise.

We are certainly not a team with upward momentum.

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Can't argue with the way they played the 2nd half of the season. Beating the brakes off the Stanks at the StuperDome and throttling the 49ers were extremely pleasant surprises last year.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Can't argue with the way they played the 2nd half of the season. Beating the brakes off the Stanks at the StuperDome and throttling the 49ers were extremely pleasant surprises last year.

And we beat the Niners WITH the referees helping them, and after shooting ourselves in the foot, basically gifting them 6 points.

16 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

That window slammed shut as soon as K Shanahan was out the door.