Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Brown or Kinlaw at 16?

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

Brown and it ain't close even over Chaisson for me and I'm an chaisson fan

Imagine this boss, sittin back on draft night drinking a brew.....either brown or Kinlaw fall to us at 16 and we trade both second round picks to move back into the 1st to get chassion....now that’s a dam draft brotha. Won’t happen though. We’re gonna draft some mo fudga outa left field. We always do.

Just now, AxManBigFan said:

Imagine this boss, sittin back on draft night drinking a brew.....either brown or Kinlaw fall to us at 16 and we trade both second round picks to move back into the 1st to get chassion....now that’s a dam draft brotha. Won’t happen though. We’re gonna draft some mo fudga outa left field. We always do.

Let's go with this we should go Benjamin Perine...someone to compliment ollison....dobbins taylor akers swift workhorse....CEH and Moss Rbbc

Just now, GATXBOI said:

Let's go with this we should go Benjamin Perine...someone to compliment ollison....dobbins taylor akers swift workhorse....CEH and Moss Rbbc

I would love to fix that d line. And draft a running back in the 3-4 round to rotate with ito, Hill and ollison. 

8 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Brown, all day long! Talk about a nightmare scenario for opposing teams OL...our LB’s would be feasting!

Brown =MONSTAR Kinlaw= Monster....both different breed give me Brown

Brown is a whole lot better than Kinlaw as of now. He's probably even better than Chase Young. Favorite player in the draft. Think I saw a stat that he was the most double teamed player in CFB, and that's because he just couldn't be blocked by one guy, even in the SEC. Made guys look stupid on a consistent basis.

Don't get me wrong - I like Kinlaw. He could be really good for us, and he might be a better pass rusher at his peak. But Brown is immediately a conundrum for OCs when paired when Grady. They're going to have to pick their poison with double teams, and then if we get someone like Quinn or Fowler in FA...look out.

To get Brown we would have to move up to #8 before Jacksonville.

That would cost us #55 that we got from New England. And I think it's well worth it having such an impact player at a needed position that can transform the entire defense.

53 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Brown is a whole lot better than Kinlaw as of now. He's probably even better than Chase Young. Favorite player in the draft. Think I saw a stat that he was the most double teamed player in CFB, and that's because he just couldn't be blocked by one guy, even in the SEC. Made guys look stupid on a consistent basis.

Don't get me wrong - I like Kinlaw. He could be really good for us, and he might be a better pass rusher at his peak. But Brown is immediately a conundrum for OCs when paired when Grady. They're going to have to pick their poison with double teams, and then if we get someone like Quinn or Fowler in FA...look out.

Trade up for Brown!

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

@Francis York Morgan

check the Bama game Deonte Brown handled him 1on 1 Brown got so frustrated they moved him to the other side.Fun starts at the 6 min.mark.What concerns me most about Brown is if he can’t win with power and running down the middle of people I fear there’s not much else there.I for one don’t like that in players especially pass rushers.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:52 AM, kiwifalcon said:

@Francis York Morgan

check the Bama game Deonte Brown handled him 1on 1 Brown got so frustrated they moved him to the other side.Fun starts at the 6 min.mark.What concerns me most about Brown is if he can’t win with power and running down the middle of people I fear there’s not much else there.I for one don’t like that in players especially pass rushers.

I think you are on to something with this. He tested rather poorly at the combine & instead of trying to improve on those numbers at his pro day, he didn't do any athletic testing at all & only did drills. So if he felt like he couldn't improve on an atrocious 8.22 second 3-cone, or his completely underwhelming vert & broad jump, that speaks volumes to your point. He's just a big, strong guy who isn't explosive or athletic enough to win with anything beyond straight ahead power. That can work well often enough, but to truly be successful in the NFL you'd like to see a guy considered one of the best in the draft class to be more than a one-trick pony.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:52 AM, kiwifalcon said:

@Francis York Morgan

Already seen it, thanks tho. One game...and he still made a few big plays behind the line. Not discounting him over that, dig?

And the "different body types" thing doesn't make sense to me. They both weigh around the same, similar height, similar length. So I don't get this. Biggest difference is Brown has better hands and counters, general leverage, while Kinlaw has better get off.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Already seen it, thanks tho. One game...and he still made a few big plays behind the line. Not discounting him over that, dig?

And the "different body types" thing doesn't make sense to me. They both weigh around the same, similar height, similar length. So I don't get this. Biggest difference is Brown has better hands and counters, general leverage, while Kinlaw has better get off.

Kinlaw is more long than he is round compared to Brown you put that body type on our dline.

We have a bowling ball in Jarrett a power outside rusher in Takk

A speed rusher hopefully at the LEO 

And add a Kinlaw you have a longer type power inside threat in Kinlaw if drafted all different body types up front.

The Kinlaw Brown body type difference isn’t a reference to those 2 per say but what it would look like on our team.

Yes it’s one reference him getting handled by A JNR in Deonte Brown but there’s plenty of guys in the league that will handle Brown in this manner aswell.This is the concern for me if he gets handled like that there and doesn’t have a plan why is he changing that at the next level.Ive seen this in too many professional sports.Im bigger stronger faster than you it’ll work going foward.But as soon as it gets equalised these players disappear like Samson getting his haircut.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Kinlaw is more long than he is round compared to Brown you put that body type on our dline.

Kinlaw - 6'5, 324 lbs, 34 7/8" arms

Brown - 6'5, 326 lbs, 34 1/4" arms

Jarrett - 6'1, 304 lbs, 32 3/8" arms

They're the same height, Brown is a couple pounds heavier and has arms a half inch shorter. Both are nearly identical in terms of physical appearance and Brown isn't anything like Grady...20 lbs heavier, 4" taller, arms 2" longer. I just don't see it dude. Brown's waist is a bit bigger, that's it...

Kinlaw-Javon-South-Carolina-stand.jpg

800.jpeg

And add a Kinlaw you have a longer type power inside threat in Kinlaw if drafted all different body types up front.

Same can be said for Brown.

Yes it’s one reference him getting handled by A JNR in Deonte Brown but there’s plenty of guys in the league that will handle Brown in this manner aswell.This is the concern for me if he gets handled like that there and doesn’t have a plan why is he changing that at the next level.Ive seen this in too many professional sports.Im bigger stronger faster than you it’ll work going foward.But as soon as it gets equalised these players disappear like Samson getting his haircut.

Kinlaw disappeared plenty. His literal entire game plan is the bolded. You saw it at the Senior Bowl too. Brown has more ways to win right now. And Brown dominated plenty of Top 50 prospects, just watch his tape vs LSU. Not worried about competition level one bit.

Football character is also better - not that Kinlaw's is bad, but Brown's is terrific.