ESPN Trying To Trade For Al Michaels For MNF

AUTiger7222

You young'uns won't remember the trio of Gifford, Meredith and Cossell but they were very entertaining in the booth. It was very difficult to get used to anyone else. I think they could recreate that dynamic current day with the trio of Al Micheals, Brett Favre and Adam Schein. Al (the straight man), Favre (the keep it simple country boy) and you can't get any closer to a Howard Cosell personality today than Adam Schein (the tell it like it is guy everyone loves to hate). That would be entertaining.

Peyton Manning would do too.

Edited by slider

50 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Thats not gonna save MNF.  MNF isn't special anymore because of the over exposure of the league due to the ESPN programming,  Fox programming,  NFL network,  NFL Sunday ticket, Thursday and Sunday night football...

The NFL now having SNF and TNF makes MNF less special.

I think Peyton and another solid vet announcer could bring back some of it's luster though. It would definitely be head back in the right direction. I would consider going back to the 3 man announcer format with Peyton.

1 hour ago, slider said:

You young'uns won't remember the trio of Gifford, Meredith and Cossell but they were very entertaining in the booth. It was very difficult to get used to anyone else. I think they could recreate that dynamic current day with the trio of Al Micheals, Brett Favre and Adam Schein. Al (the straight man), Favre (the keep it simple country boy) and you can't get any closer to a Howard Cosell personality today than Adam Schein (the tell it like it is guy everyone loves to hate). That would be entertaining.

Peyton Manning would do too.

I'm not sure announcing would something Farve would be interested in.

It would be awesome to hear Farve yelling and questioning why QBs didn't throw across their bodies into triple coverage on any given play because he would've done it lol.

2 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Dig deeper. The Occult stuff is even more interesting but considering your username  you’ve already probably gone there. 

If you think that reading about corporate monopolies and corporate influence in our society is a slippery slope to the occult then you are the one who needs to do some reading and have some things to learn.

1 hour ago, ATL_666 said:

If you think that reading about corporate monopolies and corporate influence in our society is a slippery slope to the occult then you are the one who needs to do some reading and have some things to learn.

Made up. The early 20th century should have made lessons learned. Here we are again 666. Here we are again. 

41 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Made up. The early 20th century should have made lessons learned. Here we are again 666. Here we are again. 

you discuss anything past football x's & o's on this board and it is the most incoherent **** you will ever read in your life.  But this is a football forum so I should know better.

7 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Please god, this would be awesome... Here's how I see this playing out...

We have a 3-way Network Trade

ESPN Receives: Al Michaels

FOX Receives: Chris Collinsworth

NBC/America: FOX fires Joe Buck 

NBC has Mike Tricio ready to take over the SNF chair. It's why he left ESPN a few years ago. He was promised to eventually succeed Al Michaels.