Jump to content

Willie McGinnest is gonna work with Young


Recommended Posts

They just showed him on NFLN at the combine talking to CY and showing him a few moves. He said CY was interested in learning and working with him so they exchanged contact information and he said he would love to get his hands on CY.

We need to draft Chaisson and hopefully Chuck Smith can work with him. If they haven’t already. But if so then they can continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2020 at 6:55 PM, ike barn87987 said:

They just showed him on NFLN at the combine talking to CY and showing him a few moves. He said CY was interested in learning and working with him so they exchanged contact information and he said he would love to get his hands on CY.

We need to draft Chaisson and hopefully Chuck Smith can work with him. If they haven’t already. But if so then they can continue.

Yes Chuck smith has trained so many great falcon pass rushers that we are still looking for pass rushers every year. Maybe we stop riding the Chuck smith bandwagon?  Jamal Anderson turned out pretty nice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Vic did thru the Von Miller pass rush summit 

So attending a 2-3 day event where Chuck Smith was also in attendance does not mean Smith  worked exclusively with Beasley. Takk  hasn't worked on anything besides finding the best fried chicken joints in Atlanta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TNFalcon1 said:

So attending a 2-3 day event where Chuck Smith was also in attendance does not mean Smith  worked exclusively with Beasley. Takk  hasn't worked on anything besides finding the best fried chicken joints in Atlanta. 

It’s more than one time.  He has worked with Kearney and Smith at times

“Beasley Is learning from former Falcons ends Patrick Kerney and Chuck Smith, who combined for 141 NFL sacks. He got two different perspectives in technique. Kerney played long and rangy. Smith was more compact. Both gave Beasley a few ideas about timing, footwork and hand placement.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s more than one time.  He has worked with Kearney and Smith at times

“Beasley Is learning from former Falcons ends Patrick Kerney and Chuck Smith, who combined for 141 NFL sacks. He got two different perspectives in technique. Kerney played long and rangy. Smith was more compact. Both gave Beasley a few ideas about timing, footwork and hand placement.

 

That’s so vague it could mean anything. Both of them could have just offered advice. Not necessarily mean they worked out with him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, youngbloodz said:

That’s so vague it could mean anything. Both of them could have just offered advice. Not necessarily mean they worked out with him

Vic never entered the Smith academy if that’s what you’re asking.  But few NFL players do.  They do periodic training periods with Smith. I could be wrong, but I’d be surprised if any veteran DE’s spend more than 4-5 days with Smith during the offseason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Vic never entered the Smith academy if that’s what you’re asking.  But few NFL players do.  They do periodic training periods with Smith. I could be wrong, but I’d be surprised if any veteran DE’s spend more than 4-5 days with Smith during the offseason

You make a good point. Honestly, I think Vic issue is he just doesn’t love football. Talk just can’t stay healthy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...