Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Which of the pass rushers in this year's draft class do you think would be a perfect fit for Dan Quinn's system?

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Is there any pass rusher or pass rushers in this year's draft class that you think would be a perfect fit for Dan Quinn? That you just know that if we draft him/them they will do very well here? 

Until Quinn's Defense develops an identity, none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Is there any pass rusher or pass rushers in this year's draft class that you think would be a perfect fit for Dan Quinn? That you just know that if we draft him/them they will do very well here? 

Chase Young, for sure!  But it might take too much to get him...




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question should be "who fits Raheem Morris' system?". 
 

We were a lot more aggressive once he(and Ulbrich) took over. More blitzes, more press coverage, etc. The key to an aggressive defense is pressure up the middle, which is why Grady is so vital. Putting Kinlaw next to him would provide a boost to the entire pass rush. You're probably thinking of an edge rusher, but I would put my money on Kinlaw having the best chance at 8+ sacks next year and beyond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a drop off from Chase Young that’s pretty considerable.  
The question remains. Just how strong is the edge class this year?

The more I look it over, the more I’m leaning toward a 1st round pick outside of edge.  Might be more value at this position in Rds 2 or 3. Chaisson could very well be gone.

DT, S/CB, or LB... I’d also consider dropping back a few spots.

I’m fully expecting a ton of trades/movement this year.  If we’re patient there’ll be huge talent available at every pick.  Go with the ultimate value proposition & just draft the BPA at our positions of need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Is there any pass rusher or pass rushers in this year's draft class that you think would be a perfect fit for Dan Quinn? That you just know that if we draft him/them they will do very well here? 

If there is/a pass rusher(s) they can’t find one based on TD and DQ’s  5 yr history and TD and Mike Smith’s 7 yr history. But do not blame it on TD the huggers will attack you so it must be the scheme, coaching, scouting, bad luck, lack of former GMs ( think we had 5 on staff at one time), not hiring Chuck Smith, or bringing back Freeney or maybe its ABs fault. But by gawd there’s  no possible way it could be TDs fault after 13 yrs. Shhhhh be quiet. But HEL! yeah give the future away and finally have one in Chase Young. Why not!!! Then we could stop *****ing about it and the huggers could relax and everyone would be happy.:slick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

If there is/a pass rusher(s) they can’t find one based on TD and DQ’s  5 yr history and TD and Mike Smith’s 7 yr history. But do not blame it on TD the huggers will attack you so it must be the scheme, coaching, scouting, bad luck, lack of former GMs ( think we had 5 on staff at one time), not hiring Chuck Smith, or bringing back Freeney or maybe its ABs fault. But by gawd there’s  no possible way it could be TDs fault after 13 yrs. Shhhhh be quiet. But HEL! yeah give the future away and finally have one in Chase Young. Why not!!! Then we could stop *****ing about it and the huggers could relax and everyone would be happy.:slick:

Tell us you really feel man!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Tell us you really feel man!:lol:

I mean it’s the truth lol

I’ve got to stop feeling this way and that’s why I’m hoping we (we hel!) TD finally finds a couple and I’m going to change my bad attitude and be a hugger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Is there any pass rusher or pass rushers in this year's draft class that you think would be a perfect fit for Dan Quinn? That you just know that if we draft him/them they will do very well here? 

Young YGM Lewis Kareem Jennings... all these guys got bend fast and physical with hand strictly in the dirt pair one of these guys with Chaisson if we miss out on a free agent de and we are golden.... seriously plus we can get a st to pair with Grady stop playing this is the year to go all out on defense and a rb...switch up the offense with Julio Ridley and Gage (rookie Rb)

If you want to be selfish get Jimmy Graham on a team friendly deal he declining anyway still a presence 

Vamped up defense lets go

Edited by GATXBOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

Young YGM Lewis Kareem Jennings... all these guys got bend fast and physical with hand strictly in the dirt pair one of these guys with Chaisson if we miss out on a free agent de and we are golden.... seriously plus we can get a st to pair with Grady stop playing this is the year to go all out on defense and a rb...switch up the offense with Julio Ridley and Gage (rookie Rb)

If you want to be selfish get Jimmy Graham on a team friendly deal he declining anyway still a presence 

Vamped up defense lets go

2 Grahams at TE. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

16 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

2 Grahams at TE. :)

Yep with hopefully a top rookie rb bringing the chocolate thunder and the linemen bringing the gooey marshmallows.. got ourselves a mega s'more

:slick::slick::slick:

Edited by GATXBOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Real Tony G. said:

The question should be "who fits Raheem Morris' system?". 
 

We were a lot more aggressive once he(and Ulbrich) took over. More blitzes, more press coverage, etc. The key to an aggressive defense is pressure up the middle, which is why Grady is so vital. Putting Kinlaw next to him would provide a boost to the entire pass rush. You're probably thinking of an edge rusher, but I would put my money on Kinlaw having the best chance at 8+ sacks next year and beyond. 

This is a very important point.  Quinn shows us that this is not "his" defense.  He did a very poor job of running the defense last season.....there can not be any doubt about that.  

This is the Morris defense.  

Forget all the "fast and furious"  BS and all the talk about LEO and "the 4-3 that behaves like a 3-4" garbage. 

Let's hope for a defense that clearly delineates every player's responsibilities so that there are not so many missed tackles and DB's looking at each other and asking "wasn't that your responsibility?".

It is obvious that I am not happy with Quinn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Chaisson is unavailable I could see us going after two guys I like very much in Julian Okwara out of Notre Dame & Yetur Gross-Matos out of Penn State.

Both would fit nicely in our system & both are super athletic with excellent length & movement skills.

Julian Okwara is 6’4”, 252 Lbs, 34.4” arms.

Yetur Gross-Matos is 6’5”, 266 Lbs, 35” arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...