Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Refried Beans

Delpit dropping like a rock

14 minutes ago, Rings said:

He didn’t even work out, so not sure what all happened other than if that made teams mad that he chose not to.

That’s pretty much it. He didn’t work out. His tape from 2019 shows him getting bullied a lot. That doesn’t help his cause. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

That’s pretty much it. He didn’t work out. His tape from 2019 shows him getting bullied a lot. That doesn’t help his cause. 

He did have a rough year, he claimed it was due to an injury I believe, curious if that’s still a thing or if he just plans on working out at his pro day.

7 minutes ago, Rings said:

He did have a rough year, he claimed it was due to an injury I believe, curious if that’s still a thing or if he just plans on working out at his pro day.

Excuses are like *** holes when you perform badly. No room for excuses in the NFL 

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Excuses are like *** holes when you perform badly. No room for excuses in the NFL 

I still don’t think he falls out of the top 20, but who knows.  It’s a lot easier for a player to rise than one to fall.  Only need one team to take him early, need 20+ for him to fall.

Just now, Rings said:

I still don’t think he falls out of the top 20, but who knows.  It’s a lot easier for a player to rise than one to fall.  Only need one team to take him early, need 20+ for him to fall.

My personal rule of thumb, ignore projections and mocks because they don’t mean anything. Players expected to go here and there fall and rise yearly when the draft comes. While he’s projected to go top 20, teams may have graded as a second rounder. I’m sure you know that but several here live and die by projections and mocks

I don't watch much college ball but I was looking at him during the national championship because he was being hyped so much around here and Facebook groups and I just didn't see the appeal. Not to the extent of where he was being talked about in the draft anyway. 

Posted (edited)

I think Winfield Jr is the better pick and don't get me wrong, I am a big supporter of picking as many LSU players as we can every year, but not sold on Delpit. And yes I did post the combine is a waste of time and am sticking by it. Show me film, give me a one on one interview, let me talk to his coach and the players he played with and I can scout him. I don't care about is high jump, or his bench press, or his 40 time. Show me game time performance. Show me what you do when it counts. And medical reports? I get that from his teammates. Hey man, tell me about Joe, was he solid, was he hurt a lot and looking to hide out, or was he a stand up guy, did he play with the pain? His teammamtes can tell me all the medical info I need. Seriously that is a question you ALWAYS ask his teammates. Tell me about a time when Joe played with the pain. And then you shut up and let them tell you what you are dealing with. 

Edited by Refried Beans

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

My personal rule of thumb, ignore projections and mocks because they don’t mean anything. Players expected to go here and there fall and rise yearly when the draft comes. While he’s projected to go top 20, teams may have graded as a second rounder. I’m sure you know that but several here live and die by projections and mocks

Correct.  One of my favorite things I ever heard from a scout regarding the combine was “don’t count it twice”, meaning...we had a high grade on Ruggs, we aren’t putting him higher on our board because he ran a fast 40, that showed up on film.  I feel like half of these “risers and fallers” are stuff we already knew and were given props for or docked previously to this past weekend.

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Image result for grin gif

Lol

Also, how did you like the first AFMB DDM debate?

It took a little bit of time because one of the combatants had a busy work schedule but it went well.

I'm looking forward to finding the posters for the next matchup.

Did I miss where it says teams feel his stock is dropping? I don’t even want the guy, but this thread is clickbait...

Grant Delpit, DB, LSU

Delpit did not perform at the combine. As noted on Monday, there were wide-ranging opinions regarding the LSU product. There is a lot of talent in that lanky frame of his, but he has to show it. His 2018 tape was fantastic, but the past year was not as impressive. He battled a high ankle sprain, but is that the only reason for his struggles? Delpit needs to show that he is closer to what talent evaluators saw in 2018 when healthy.