Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryantlanta

Johnathan Taylor Needs To Be Picked By The Atlanta Falcons

Calling it now we need this dude would complete our offense. Take BPA at 16, package both our seconds to trade back into the end of the first round and take Taylor, sign Fowler in free agency. Offense would be great again Taylor would be a rusher we as Falcons fans haven’t seen since the good ol’ Turner the Burner days.

Johnathan Taylor Highlights

Just now, ryantlanta said:

Calling it now we need this dude would complete our offense. Take BPA at 16, package both our seconds to trade back into the end of the first round and take Taylor, sign Fowler in free agency. Offense would be great again Taylor would be a rusher we as Falcons fans haven’t seen since the good ol’ Turner the Burner days.

Just take him @16, and draft DL.@45

Hes going to be the favorite for OROY next year. Defenses will have to bring 8 or Taylor will out run you to to thepylon if he gets to the second level

45 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

That's why I hope we get creative with our cap, cut who can bring cap relief, and the new CBA helps our cap. With that being said I want us to sign Fowler and squeeze Poe in and be done with FA. Draft Chaisson and trade back into Rd 1 and get Taylor.

42 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Still hoping for Kinlaw at 16 and Taylor at 47....but however we get these two game changers I’m on board with!

IF we got Fowler in FA, i'd still take Kinlaw (hope for him) at 16.  I'd package our first 2nd and a 4th to move back into the end of the 1st round or move up in the 2nd to pick Taylor or Dobbins.  I like Dobbins more bc i'm afraid Taylors wheels will fall off early.  But I guess thats why you get the most out of them during their rookie contract.

2 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

Still hoping for Kinlaw at 16 and Taylor at 47....but however we get these two game changers I’m on board with!

Don’t think Taylor will get to 47 i can see Chiefs grabbing him at 32 or Dolphins with #26 or even their first 2nd round pick 

2 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

IF we got Fowler in FA, i'd still take Kinlaw (hope for him) at 16.  I'd package our first 2nd and a 4th to move back into the end of the 1st round or move up in the 2nd to pick Taylor or Dobbins.  I like Dobbins more bc i'm afraid Taylors wheels will fall off early.  But I guess thats why you get the most out of them during their rookie contract.

I like dobbins too but i prefer Taylor or Swift 

3 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Taylor would be a great piece to have, for sure!  But with our needs at DE and G, I just don't see us going after Tayor, before he's gone....but that could all depend on what we do in FA ---

I'm not against it. Based on Freeman's play and the likelihood of him getting cut, along with Ito's concussion issues, I'd say RB is probably our 3rd biggest need behind DE and Guard. But if it came down to Kinlaw or Taylor, give me Kinlaw every time. 

1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

Are you not concerned about his fumbles? That’s why Ollison didn’t get much time. 

this coaching staff doesnt play people unless they absolutely have to. They are the definition of insanity sometimes. 

16 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Are you not concerned about his fumbles? That’s why Ollison didn’t get much time. 

I think the fumble issue is overblown with Taylor. He had a combined 968 touch/targets in his college career. Of those opportunities he fumbled 18 times. Which me he fumble percentage is a little over 1%. To put that into perspective his fumble percentage is similar to Christian McCaffrey’s. 

If you look at this draft class of RB’s...I think there are 4 worthy of being selected in the first 2 rounds (Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Edwards-Helaire).  Akers kind of falls borderline for me between rounds 2/3.

Ultimately, we’ll need to come out of Round 1-2 with a guy we plan to give a minimum of 250 touches to in 2020.

14 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think the fumble issue is overblown with Taylor. He had a combined 968 touch/targets in his college career. Of those opportunities he fumbled 18 times. Which me he fumble percentage is a little over 1%. To put that into perspective his fumble percentage is similar to Christian McCaffrey’s. 

It’s actually closer to 2% (1.86% to be exact)...which over 300 touches is 5.  That isn’t awful, but his fumble rate in college isn’t against NFL players.

I can’t seem to find all 3 seasons of fumble stats on CMC, but two of his seasons have him with 3 fumbles on 431 touches have him at .69%.

I don’t think the two are comparable in this regard.

15 hours ago, red falcon said:

this coaching staff doesnt play people unless they absolutely have to. They are the definition of insanity sometimes. 

Nope.  Insanity is a logical excuse.  

These guys are just stupid and stubborn.    But your point is taken. 

I think you get very good value with Taylor at #16.  I am concerned about the work load he has had, but he is young, has at least 5 or 6 good season in him.  They were saying on sports talk radio the other day that you may have to stat looking at RBs as guys you draft and bring in for 5 years then you move on.  You just don't see guys produce 5 or 6 1000+ yard seasons especially past 27/28 years old.  The Frank Gore and LeSean McCoy types seem to be a dying breed.

We haven’t had the best luck with Bagers, as of late with Southward, Konz and Ewing.  

Taylor is obviously in a different tier than them, but his work load would be a concern.  If he’s there at #55 then pull the trigger, may not even be worth keeping for a fifth year option with that many carries so first round would be a waste.  Sad how short a RBs career has become anymore, don’t see it getting any better anytime soon either.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

We haven’t had the best luck with Bagers, as of late with Southward, Konz and Ewing.  

Taylor is obviously in a different tier than them, but his work load would be a concern.  If he’s there at #55 then pull the trigger, may not even be worth keeping for a fifth year option with that many carries so first round would be a waste.  Sad how short a RBs career has become anymore, don’t see it getting any better anytime soon either.

What the **** happened to RBs, it use to be use them till 30 then they drop. Now they seem to drop after their rookie contract.

It's weird too because back in the day you had them get used even more than now, harder bigger run stopping LBs, less safety rules.

Now we have more safety rules, lighter faster LBs, and less workload yet they don't last?

51 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

What the **** happened to RBs, it use to be use them till 30 then they drop. Now they seem to drop after their rookie contract.

It's weird too because back in the day you had them get used even more than now, harder bigger run stopping LBs, less safety rules.

Now we have more safety rules, lighter faster LBs, and less workload yet they don't last?

Everyone on defense is faster now.  From the DT’s to  box safety, they can all move and these RB’s are getting hit by more players at the same time and from different angles.  

Plus the backs are bigger and faster which often leads to non contact injuries