If Poe is released by Carolina, should we give him a look

lju713

I'm not saying sign him to big deal. Run stuffers get a pay day, get cut then sign a bunch of 1 yr rental deals. Those deals range from 4m-8m, depending on the player. If we could get him for the same number we signed Allen for I'm all for it. That way we could take a DT like Gallimore,Davis or Elliott in rounds 2-3 and the rotation at DT is nice.

Again....with what money? Even if we cut Freeman and and Sambrailo, that'll put us at about $11.2M and we still have to sign a draft class. There's really no other cuts that could be made that would free up a ton of money aside from those two. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

39 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

To many holes this year to be a contender so save any/all cap space possible.  Next year go all in to win it then blow it all up in 2022.

That's certainly the safe bet, but you never know in this league. Leading up to 2016 we had gone 4-12, 6-10, and 8-8. There was absolutely nothing pointing to us even being a playoff contender in 2016, and we ended up in the Super Bowl. 

If Morris can keep the defense playing like they were in the 2nd half of the season, then there's reason for optimism. Koetter is who he is, so unfortunately we already know what we're going to get there. 

Offensive personnel is largely the same, and with Lindstrom and McGary having a year and another off-season under their belts, the line as a whole should be improved. Allen likely goes back to FS with the return of Neal, where he excelled at before being moved to SS. Campbell was the lowest rated player on our defense over the last 2 years believe it or not, so that may be addition by subtraction. I beleive Davison played well enough to be considered a fringe starter next to Grady. But we absolutely need a pass rusher, there is no getting around that. I would not mind one bit going LB/DE/LEO with our first 3 picks.

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Again....with what money? Even if we cut Freeman and and Sambrailo, that'll put us at about $11.2M and we still have to sign a draft class. There's really no other cuts that could be made that would free up a ton of money aside from those two. 

Stocker and Bailey will bring 6M back if released. Mack could restructure to help out too. All these are IF's. Plus the new CBA will help add some cap.

Edited by lju713

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

I'd also discard Trufant(trade), Bailey and many more. I can't get the 1-7 record to start last season out of my head and see at best a 8-8 team.  Should have traded Hooper and Campbell at the trade deadline last year so we could of had extra picks this year.

4 hours ago, lju713 said:

I'm not saying sign him to big deal. Run stuffers get a pay day, get cut then sign a bunch of 1 yr rental deals. Those deals range from 4m-8m, depending on the player. If we could get him for the same number we signed Allen for I'm all for it. That way we could take a DT like Gallimore,Davis or Elliott in rounds 2-3 and the rotation at DT is nice.

I think we can get a Poe-like contributor in the draft with a guy like Raekwon Davis and to a lesser extent Fotu, without spending a bunch. 

People who want pass-rushing DTs are sleeping on Davis and on our scheme. 1. Davis is a 6 foot wide brick wall in the middle of the line. Teams have to plan to go around him for most of the game. 2. Our 2nd DT spot is not a 3tech spot, it's a two gaping NT. Pass rush is not required to make the system work two gap run stopping is. 

I may just be salty but he left us to go to a rival thinking it would be better and they were worse than us ... vet minimum ... anything else I’ll pass ... we keep bringing back underachievers like Clayborn back into the fold we need new blood tired of these falcons recycled players 

57 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Its about time we start giving players 3 to 4 year contracts rather than 1 year.  We haven't gotten crap out of 1 year contracts.  The guys we do give 4 plus years, they are total chumps like Carp and Brown.  I don't get this team

Thank you ..

4 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

I may just be salty but he left us to go to a rival thinking it would be better and they were worse than us ... vet minimum ... anything else I’ll pass ... we keep bringing back underachievers like Clayborn back into the fold we need new blood tired of these falcons recycled players 

No he went to an emp!oyer offering much more money. 

6 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Its about time we start giving players 3 to 4 year contracts rather than 1 year.  We haven't gotten crap out of 1 year contracts.  The guys we do give 4 plus years, they are total chumps like Carp and Brown.  I don't get this team

Poe did not  want a multi year deal... he wanted a  1 year prove it deal.