Romfal's 2nd 2020 Mock - Post-Combine Edition

Romfal

link to version 1.0: 

I will lead out by saying I think we sign a DE and a vet TE in free agency. For exercise sake, think Dante Fowler/Robert Quinn/Everson Griffen and Tyler Eifert/Darren Fells

I don't expect us to go TE early as the position takes some time to develop, especially with some of the lackluster offerings at the position, time is something Q and boy genius don't have much luxury of. With that being said:

1st Round Pick 16

Javon Kinlaw - DT - South Carolina 6'5 324lbs

5d6008189e5be.image.jpg?resize=1200,832

the fact that Kinlaw did not participate at the combine may be a blessing in disguise for us, combined with several other DT's showing up, it may make teams secure in thinking they can get a guy at the top of the 2nd. Also if Daniel Jeremiah thinks he can fall to us, thats good enough 'mock street cred' for me

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104933/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-patriots-take-herbert

2nd Round Pick 46

Matt Hennesy, OG/C Temple 6'4 307lb

6E6CNEW4GRG5ZG4TYGUTZXFSM4.jpg

Competition if not an instant starter at LG and our Center of the future in 2021. Only player from my original mock, his stock is definitely on the up as I had him in the 4th round previously.

2nd Round Pick 55

Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse 6'3 264lb

8_31_19_Liberty_First_Half600.jpg

Twitchy DE with some solid rush moves and a really good showing at the combine

3rd Round Pick 78

AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College 6' 246lb

ZLUDMUWMJUI6TH24V4Q7SIL224.jpg

Don't think I need a comment for this one. beast!

4th Round Pick 109 

Antonio Gibson WR/RB/KR Memphis 6' 228lb

AntonioGibson1.jpg

Picture a Deebo Samuel meets Tevin Coleman type role for this guy, plus he can return kicks so we get 3 positions in one pick.

5th Round Pick 139

Willie Gay Jr, LB, Mississippi State 6'1 243lb

b71d0e2c-50ec-4c36-82e0-27c72019492c-B54

good athlete with upside and day 1 special teams contributor. Good blitzer. His combine may have been too good for him to still be here but I am hopeful for now

7th Round Pick 209

Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern 5'10 191lb

Vildor_K_18FB_CLEM_FF_6.jpg

Solid depth and special teams guy

Like this a lot but I'm not totally sold on AJ Dillon. Best case, hes a michael turner type potentially. Worse case hes another Ollison which isnt bad but we dont need two of em. Kotter doesnt commit to the run enough for us to try and use big guys to pound people over and over.

I'd prefer a more twitchy and fluid guy like in that spot like an Akers, Moss, Edwards-Helaire, maybe Vaughn

But regardless I'd love this draft

Seems like within the last 1-2 weeks, Kinlaw has been a guy whose dropped from being in play at the 8-12 range fairly consistently/automatically to potentially being available at #16...if that were the case, I’m in.  I’m a Hennessy guy too and feel he is a natural Mack replacement in 2021 while he competes at LG in 2020.

Not really an AJ Dillon guy though...the versatility just doesn’t seem to be there.  And while I like Robinson as a prospect, I think #55 is early as even those bullish on him feel he is a developmental player still...

Love the first two picks. Not a Robinson fan at all - just feels like a big "need" pick, yknow? But I'm real biased against this year's DE class. Dillon has grown on me a lot - really similar to Ollison last year, but I can't discount his burst and the fact that he actually holds onto the ball. :lol: Gibson is a cool BPA and versatility pick there. Gay may actually last that late due to off-the-field stuff and the talent may be worth it there...and Vildor is an interesting guy, albeit I haven't watched him much.

Overall, I dig it. I worry a bit that we're getting one, maybe 2 guys that have an impact this year...but then again, maybe Hennessy wins the LG spot, Gibson returns kicks and DK miraculously uses him correctly, Dillon gets a nice chunk of carries, Robinson develops fast enough to make an impact, Gay gets on STs or even wins Campbell's spot, etc. It's a class loaded with potential for sure.

45 minutes ago, rudy said:

Don't think Kinlaw will be there at 16

i dont either.  My choice for who i think we will pick at 16

team logo
FLORIDA • JR • 6'1" / 204 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Atlanta
PROSPECT RNK
25th
POSITION RNK
4th

The Falcons secondary is young, but they have to get better to compete in the NFC South; the unit was 25th against the pass, according to Football Outsiders. CJ Henderson is a long, cover corner who blazed a 4.39 at the combine, and he has the ability to lock down the opponent's best receiver.

You had me at “Kinlaw” :D

I go back and forth on Hennessy.   I know he is highly ranked and his scouting reports sound good.  From what little I have watched of his vids, he looks a little underpowered.   Ultimately I will probably be in favor but wouldn’t be opposed to taking more of a OG like Ben Breedson from Michigan in 3rd round.   Probably take who falls in Swift/Taylor/Dobbins/Edwards-Helaire in late 2nd rd as opposed to the Syracuse DE who feels like too much of a roll of the dice for a 2nd rounder.

Great mock. One thing though, the Robinson pick feels forced and if we signed Fowler it would be. Id rathar pic k one of the better pro spects at wr. Mims could be there, and so could Claypool.  Both showed up big at the combine as well. Love the Vildor pick. He ran well and was fluid in drills. Hr could turn into a late round steal. 

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Great mock. One thing though, the Robinson pick feels forced and if we signed Fowler it would be. Id rathar pic k one of the better pro spects at wr. Mims could be there, and so could Claypool.  Both showed up big at the combine as well. Love the Vildor pick. He ran well and was fluid in drills. Hr could turn into a late round steal. 

If I'm running the team I'm planning for Takk to be here 1 more season, no 5th year option, so a DE in the 2nd round and one in FA just makes it comfortable to move on from him and gives the rookie a year to develop and evolve into the rotation.

I could be incorrect, but seems like I read recently that Gay has some serious issues? like fight the QB during practice before a game or something?  and problems with a tutor?  or was that someone else...I could google it but it's been a LONG day, LOL

I could be very happy with everyone else you list though, esp those first two

5 hours ago, Romfal said:

If I'm running the team I'm planning for Takk to be here 1 more season, no 5th year option, so a DE in the 2nd round and one in FA just makes it comfortable to move on from him and gives the rookie a year to develop and evolve into the rotation.

Yeah, I am thinking the same.  Whether it is his shoulder or the thing that sits on his shoulders, I think there is something wrong with this guy.  

He would need to have a tremendous season for me to want to exercise his fifth year.  

On 3/3/2020 at 2:13 AM, Romfal said:

link to version 1.0: 

I will lead out by saying I think we sign a DE and a vet TE in free agency. For exercise sake, think Dante Fowler/Robert Quinn/Everson Griffen and Tyler Eifert/Darren Fells

I don't expect us to go TE early as the position takes some time to develop, especially with some of the lackluster offerings at the position, time is something Q and boy genius don't have much luxury of. With that being said:

1st Round Pick 16

Javon Kinlaw - DT - South Carolina 6'5 324lbs

5d6008189e5be.image.jpg?resize=1200,832

the fact that Kinlaw did not participate at the combine may be a blessing in disguise for us, combined with several other DT's showing up, it may make teams secure in thinking they can get a guy at the top of the 2nd. Also if Daniel Jeremiah thinks he can fall to us, thats good enough 'mock street cred' for me

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104933/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-patriots-take-herbert

2nd Round Pick 46

Matt Hennesy, OG/C Temple 6'4 307lb

6E6CNEW4GRG5ZG4TYGUTZXFSM4.jpg

Competition if not an instant starter at LG and our Center of the future in 2021. Only player from my original mock, his stock is definitely on the up as I had him in the 4th round previously.

2nd Round Pick 55

Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse 6'3 264lb

8_31_19_Liberty_First_Half600.jpg

Twitchy DE with some solid rush moves and a really good showing at the combine

3rd Round Pick 78

AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College 6' 246lb

ZLUDMUWMJUI6TH24V4Q7SIL224.jpg

Don't think I need a comment for this one. beast!

4th Round Pick 109 

Antonio Gibson WR/RB/KR Memphis 6' 228lb

AntonioGibson1.jpg

Picture a Deebo Samuel meets Tevin Coleman type role for this guy, plus he can return kicks so we get 3 positions in one pick.

5th Round Pick 139

Willie Gay Jr, LB, Mississippi State 6'1 243lb

b71d0e2c-50ec-4c36-82e0-27c72019492c-B54

good athlete with upside and day 1 special teams contributor. Good blitzer. His combine may have been too good for him to still be here but I am hopeful for now

7th Round Pick 209

Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern 5'10 191lb

Vildor_K_18FB_CLEM_FF_6.jpg

Solid depth and special teams guy

This may be one of my favorite mocks.