Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GATXBOI

Kinlaw or Chaisson at 16?

Recommended Posts

Kinlaw. Easily. He proved he is force one on one.  Actually for me I hope it's either Kinlaw or CJ Henderson (CB). If CJ is available I RUN IN THE PICK. If CJ is not, then Kinlaw.  IF both are gone, TRADE BACK! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinlaw. Then package a second and a third to trade up in the second round for Terrell Lewis. He and Chaisson are similar, but Lewis is stronger at the point of attack. After that, take the best available corner with the other 2nd. Hopefully AJ Terrell will be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I HAD to choose, it would be Kinlaw. This is due to the potential of pushing the interior pocket more effectively that can help both DEs out as well. Personally I am not sold one either as of yet. I've seen a few people that still want Epenesa, like for real? At 16? That's a big nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

  I believe we will get those needs in the draft.. And more than any other positions of need.. DE and DT...  will come through the draft regardless of us maybe signing one each in FAcy. Like I've already said,, I'm hoping we draft 2 each.   This draft is loaded with DE and DT...  

  When the most talented Draft ever comes along,, Like this Draft ! ,, You try your best to get as many picks as possible,,  I'd love for us to trade down with one of the 2 second round picks. Simply because of all the talent that will be available... or at least trade down with one of our last 4 picks and get another pick or two..  So so much talent this year.. It's a crazy Great draft !!! 

   Hope they will be smart enough to trade down somewhere and get at least one more pick.. I'd love two more picks. 

Trading back and collecting picks is just not in TD's DNA.  His track record says he's going to move up for the guy he thinks will come in and impact the Falcons right away.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him select a CB or LB if the DE or DT they want isn't there at 16.  It would be wise at that point to trade back for pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Trading back and collecting picks is just not in TD's DNA.  His track record says he's going to move up for the guy he thinks will come in and impact the Falcons right away.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him select a CB or LB if the DE or DT they want isn't there at 16.  It would be wise at that point to trade back for pics.

To me,, the wise thing to do is trade down with one of the 2nd round picks.. and get a couple more picks in latter rounds.. You need to remember ,, the deepest and strongest draft ever... That is the words being said on mos Draft sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

To me,, the wise thing to do is trade down with one of the 2nd round picks.. and get a couple more picks in latter rounds.. You need to remember ,, the deepest and strongest draft ever... That is the words being said on mos Draft sites.

Agreed, it would be wise.  Plus, the majority of starters come out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  TD just hasn't shown the ability to be saavy in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Agreed, it would be wise.  Plus, the majority of starters come out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  TD just hasn't shown the ability to be saavy in the draft.

Well, thanks for a positive post back,, I agree with the first Sentence... But I'm a huge TD fan..  you would have had to be a Falcon fan before TD got here to appreciate what He has done.. He's not perfect and neither is anybody.. But he has helped this team as much as anybody ever has.. IMO. And I've been a Falcon fan for nearly 50 years.. I'm 62 now.. When you have seen us have the worst draft in the league for that long.. you'd appreciate TD too. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinlaw is probably the safer, more predictably solid performer, but I would not fault TD and Q if they went for Chaisson instead. I'd feel really good to have either one of them, but maybe deep down I'd really rather have Chaisson. He's got that fire and Alpha Dog in him we sorely need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, thanks for a positive post back,, I agree with the first Sentence... But I'm a huge TD fan..  you would have had to be a Falcon fan before TD got here to appreciate what He has done.. He's not perfect and neither is anybody.. But he has helped this team as much as anybody ever has.. IMO. And I've been a Falcon fan for nearly 50 years.. I'm 62 now.. When you have seen us have the worst draft in the league for that long.. you'd appreciate TD too. ;)

I'm not 62 but have been a Falcons fan for 40+ years.  I've been there through the terrible ownership, GMs, HCs, and mostly the losing teams.  TD has been better than what's been there by a long shot, but he has some inherent flaws where he seems to struggle building offensive and defensive lines.  I feel he's been here long enough to have built both lines as GM.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

I'm not 62 but have been a Falcons fan for 40+ years.  I've been there through the terrible ownership, GMs, HCs, and mostly the losing teams.  TD has been better than what's been there by a long shot, but he has some inherent flaws where he seems to struggle building offensive and defensive lines.  I feel he's been here long enough to have built both lines as GM.  

I get it... But just think of all the knowledge he has gathered on drafting all these years.. He gets better every year.. So , I'd sure hate to lose him now that he has all the exsperience he has gathered all these years.. IMO , his time doing what he does.. Will make him better every year.. I believe he'll have the best draft he's ever had.. Yes! I'm a believer in Him and his knowledge he has gained for so long.. Can't wait to see who he brings to the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I get it... But just think of all the knowledge he has gathered on drafting all these years.. He gets better every year.. So , I'd sure hate to lose him now that he has all the exsperience he has gathered all these years.. IMO , his time doing what he does.. Will make him better every year.. I believe he'll have the best draft he's ever had.. Yes! I'm a believer in Him and his knowledge he has gained for so long.. Can't wait to see who he brings to the team. 

I hope you're right.  We've been waiting a long time to win a Superbowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just did a Draft network Mock Draft picking Kinlaw 1st as Chaisson was gone...Pick up an Edge rusher in FA and YES PLEASE!!!

16 - Javon Kinlaw IDL South Carolina

47 - AJ Terrell CB Clemson

55 - Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

78 - Cam Akers RB Florida State

   109 - Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin

139 - JR Reed S Georgia

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Kinlaw easily I'd trade up to 12 to get him if hes there. Kinlaw is a bonified pass rusher would love to have him next to Grady. Chassion to me is a 3-4 OLB or a Sam LBer who can rush here and there but he may not be a Vic Beasley style of player but will have his type of career (except the 16 sack season)

Kinlaw is the proven player I’m tired of “potential” guys cause this coaching staff obviously can’t maximize it Chaission looks like he can be a beast but history would tell you not in Atl he won’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LastFalconFan said:

Just did a Draft network Mock Draft picking Kinlaw 1st as Chaisson was gone...Pick up an Edge rusher in FA and YES PLEASE!!!

16 - Javon Kinlaw IDL South Carolina

47 - AJ Terrell CB Clemson

55 - Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

78 - Cam Akers RB Florida State

   109 - Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin

139 - JR Reed S Georgia

 

Love it other than you didn't get our biggest need... DE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Are you planning on cutting Neal or just taking a safety as a backup if he gets injured again? Or are you not sold on Kazee at FS? Rico can back up both. I dont get using a high draft pick on a backup for the foreseeable future, again, unless you think either could use an upgrade. Neal and Kazee sounds pretty darn good to me if we can just stay healthy

Playmaker I’m taking Winfield Jnr because he’s exactly that he offers a whole lot more than anyone we have there in my eyes.Worst comes to worst I have a look at Neal as a WLBer.and use some 3 safety looks with the mentioned Allen and Kazee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Kinlaw, Chaisson scares me. Too many people here in love with his potential. This team needs as much Day 1 production as they can get.

Kinlaws no different.

He’s raw as **** people fall in love with that also.

In my eyes he no more a risk.

I actually take comfort in Chaisson’s versatility being able to do multiple things.But all I’m seeing here is he’s to small and won’t be a double digit edge so he’s a risk.As a opposed to the versatility angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, K’Lavon seems best suited as a 3-4 OLB closer to VB.

He’d have to excel in space here as the goal of drafting him.

Maybe he replaces VB and we keep going but he looks less like a Vondre replacement in Base or sub packages as I look more into him...so LB is still a question to me in replacing Vondre; and Foye is more of a WLB or sub package LB than base Strongside backer.

Kinlaw can win with power at college level. Both guys are raw but ultimately K’Lavon could become that edge defender we’ve needed.

I’d sorta want Kinlaw as a successor over time to Grady (not necessarily for 3T) by the time Grady’s contract is up but good offenses can negate the best pass rushes and suddenly everything outside of DT matters...your playmakers.

So it’s like a chicken or egg dilemma. We know Grady is going to do work inside. You don’t need to over invest in a 1T if you have guys like Cominsky as planned pass rushers to move inside next to Grady or perhaps a 2nd round value pick like Gallimore.

If Kinlaw as an athlete inside is worth it over K’Lavon outside that’s one thing.

The true test relies on best guess Projection in your defense and ultimately getting production; when coaching is a big factor...

I’d almost lean towards upgrading Safety and taking best of the rest front 7 picks in round 2...but again safety for 2020 isn’t as thin as front 7 in terms of not only starters but depth.

That is why I’m more centered on CBA and FA timing relative to the draft...that roster shaping pre-draft is critical to evaluating how a player fits in 2020 and beyond.

Starting to favor trading down tho unless we truly like one defender or there is a can’t miss value pick due to someone falling into our laps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hollywood said:

Kinlaw. Easily. He proved he is force one on one.  Actually for me I hope it's either Kinlaw or CJ Henderson (CB). If CJ is available I RUN IN THE PICK. If CJ is not, then Kinlaw.  IF both are gone, TRADE BACK! 

What if you can’t find a trade down partner then what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Kinlaw is the proven player I’m tired of “potential” guys cause this coaching staff obviously can’t maximize it Chaission looks like he can be a beast but history would tell you not in Atl he won’t 

Lupoi to develop Kinlaw or Ulbrich to develop Chaisson I know who my money’s on.

Kinlaw is no more proven than Chaisson both need equal amount of development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...