Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roguebeaver

Wetzel Released today - bye bye

40 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/mike_zimmer_says_vikings_expect_everson_griffen_to_re_sign_with_team/s1_127_31412651

Also I think quinn will cost the same if not more than Griffin for the older guys he will cash in 

Eh may be coaches speak, wanting a guy back. He may see greener pastures elsewhere. Maybe Minnesota offers him a favorable contract but by all accounts they dont have the cap soace

26 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Fowler is a big risk but sometimes it takes time for these guys to reach their potential. That’s what GMs get paid the big bucks to make the right decisions. I do like Lawson and he should be cheaper. 

Lawson maybe on the cheap. But Fowler isnt worth the risk. Guy could get 10 sacks next year or 5.0. It's not worth the risk. He blew up McGary who's a rookie. What other games did he show out against good competition? If I'm paying a guy top dollar it's because I KNOW hes contributing next year

11 minutes ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Lawson maybe on the cheap. But Fowler isnt worth the risk. Guy could get 10 sacks next year or 5.0. It's not worth the risk. He blew up McGary who's a rookie. What other games did he show out against good competition? If I'm paying a guy top dollar it's because I KNOW hes contributing next year

And he could be a double digit sack guy....we just don’t know and you’re right someone will have to pay big bucks to find out

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

And he could be a double digit sack guy....we just don’t know and you’re right someone will have to pay big bucks to find out

Big bucks which we dont have the luxury of unfortunately. Even if we manage to it ain't worth the risk. Rather have a veteran that'll guarantee some sort of production without most of it having to be hope

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I can. Fowler played in a 3-4. Put Beasley in the same defense, and he will be more productive. He's built similar to Von Miller. Neither of the guys are traditional DE. Chaisson would be another failure under Quinn.

We changed our defense to a 34 in the beginning or our 8 games to suit Vic and he busted hardcore. Nothing salvages a Tarzan that plays like Jane. 

2 minutes ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Big bucks which we dont have the luxury of unfortunately. Even if we manage to it ain't worth the risk. Rather have a veteran that'll guarantee some sort of production without most of it having to be hope

The new CBA may help with the cap. Maybe R Quinn for plug and play or JPP both are getting long in the tooth but still productive. The FO is definitely going after a pass rusher or two in FA and draft.

Just now, Atl Falcon said:

The new CBA may help with the cap. Maybe R Quinn for plug and play or JPP both are getting long in the tooth but still productive. The FO is definitely going after a pass rusher or two in FA 

Lord I hope it gets done so it helps us. Quinn or JPP I would love at the right price. No doubt we're gonna have 2-3 new faces at DE next year

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

The new CBA may help with the cap. Maybe R Quinn for plug and play or JPP both are getting long in the tooth but still productive. The FO is definitely going after a pass rusher or two in FA and draft.

Right the new CBA signing plus cuts we will have money...I really don't want a plug and play guy or a short term... we need someone younger than 30 to be a stable on a four or fiveyear deal so we can finallyput this behind us and move forward. 

Edited by GATXBOI

2 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Right the new CBA signing plus cuts we will have money...I really don't want a plug and play guy or a short term... we need someone younger than 30 to be a stable on a four or fiveyear deal so we can finallyput this behind us and move forward. 

Maybe a plug in play vet like S Lawson RQuinn or JJP and draft the best DL

1 minute ago, Atl Falcon said:

Maybe a plug in play vet like S Lawson RQuinn or JJP and draft the best DL

Lawson Fowler Clowney could all get a4 yr deal maybe even Nassib 

6 hours ago, Osiruz said:

We changed our defense to a 34 in the beginning or our 8 games to suit Vic and he busted hardcore. Nothing salvages a Tarzan that plays like Jane. 

BS. We haven't run a real 34 since Wade Phillips 

7 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

BS. We haven't run a real 34 since Wade Phillips 

we had 5 man fronts and lined up for a 3-4 for the first 8 games until Raheem Morris took over. Takk even slimmed down and played olb, I think you weren't watching the games.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/30/falcons-takk-mckinley-slim-linebacker-otas/

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

we had 5 man fronts and lined up for a 3-4 for the first 8 games until Raheem Morris took over. Takk even slimmed down and played olb, I think you weren't watching the games.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/30/falcons-takk-mckinley-slim-linebacker-otas/

What's your point ? We haven't run a real 3-4. Period... I watched every game.

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

What's your point ? We haven't run a real 3-4. Period... I watched every game.

What's the difference between the real and fake scheme. Will it make Vic develop better motor skills in both coverage and pass rush?

22 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

I personally don't see Griffin leaving Minnesota just getting more to stay. Clowney will go to the highest bidder who doesn't trade for Yannick.

If we miss out on Fowler completely then we go after Lawson Quinn Nassib

I think Lawson is not a bad option.  Any of the upper tier pass rushers will be looking for 15 to 20 million on their next contract.  Lawson and Poe or Snacks Harrison is better than Fowler or Yannick.

34 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

I think Lawson is not a bad option.  Any of the upper tier pass rushers will be looking for 15 to 20 million on their next contract.  Lawson and Poe or Snacks Harrison is better than Fowler or Yannick.

Never take that back... give me Fowler or Yannick with any of the top five rookie DT with Grady and Takk and we are on