Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think Raheem Morris can bring out the best in Takk McKinley in 2020?

Morris bought a lot of improvement out of the pass defense and how we attack.

Ulbrich seemed to have a handle on those early downs.They teamed up well.

Just give me more of the same the 2nd half of the season and if we get pass rush out of Takk Casper the ghost Johnny whoever I’ll take it.

Posted (edited)

I think Raheem will improve the overall defense, which can lead to Takk having better numbers as a result of others doing a better job. Last year the secondary started the year terribly, and as a result, it made the rest of the defense look bad too. Then the secondary started playing more press/man and the numbers for the rest of the defense improved. However, I really don't think Takk is anything better than average at his position; I would love to see him turn into the monster we all hoped he would be, but it doesn't seem to be happening for him in the ATL.

Edited by 4dabirds

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think Takk McKinley will play at a pro bowl level like we drafted him to be after an offseason of working with Raheem Morris?

Well, yes.  And, to answer your question, the defensive coaching has improved.  But, we need to remember that Takk is hard to read.  It is difficult to know what he is really thinking.  My guess was last off-season he thought he had arrived.  The season proved otherwise.  Now, the Falcons FO has put him on notice.  He has one season to convince a team he can be their DE.  Will he?

The OP asks if we think Takk will play at a Pro Bowl level under Morris this season.

While I hope so, I highly doubt it. If he can actually stay healthy for a change, I think there's a chance he could play decent to good... but do not see him having a Pro Bowl worthy performance.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

If he does, what happens if Morris gets another HC gig?

IMO I think he'll be up for a HC position unless we totally bomb on D this year.  He has shown over the years he can make whatever position he coaches better, but it could be preference of Morris as well.  If he decides he doesn't want to anymore or yet, or the options available aren't to his liking he could choose to stay until the right opportunity shows itself.

I saw it as this year if we had let DQ go, we would have hired someone else, but IDK who would want to come into a team with so little cap, and no much wiggle room to work around the team.  That's different then going to a team like Cleveland when they had a top pick in each round and loads of cash to throw around.  I would've loved to see him replace DQ but in his prior coaching stint with TB, his teams weren't really that good and only a few times did they excel at something.  

I feel he's better as DC though.  Maybe being a HC isn't in the cards, kind of like Ulbrich doesn't seemingly want to be a coordinator but likes positional coaching.