Official HAWKS March Game Thread

41 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Reading.....Fundamentals. And for you to say our offense isn't a problem is delusional. 18 point in the 3rd last night. We have no consistent , reliable shooting from game to game - but all this comes with experience. He's still a 2nd year player.

I read what you said but responded in general terms.  I know you said he has limitations.  And my point is those limitations combined with Trae’s is not a recipe for success.  It’s just not

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have one of the best young 4s in the league!!!  

Player Development. Guys aren't going to grow if you pigeon hole them based on what they can do now.  Collins isn'the elite offensive big man he is today because we decided his game could never grow. 

I tried to tell folks about losing and its effect on our young core. I said it wasn't worth the small percentage increase in lottery odds. We should embrace the player development, but never let them

Posted Images

With the team so young and unbalanced, this SHOULD happen.  In this yrs draft, we need to get someone solid, the rebuilding phase needs to be done after this yr!!  Even the games that we win are suspect.  We have to outscore everyone because of the lack of defense.  One more good pick and one more from FA and we should be set.  

I believe in the Centers we have now, Bruno, Capela and Dedmon, our PG's are set Teague and Young, the wings at the 2 and 3 are good with Cam, Deandre, Huerter and Brembry.  We have Collins but we still need a hybrid PF and another playmaker.

6 hours ago, red2play said:

I believe in the Centers we have now, Bruno, Capela and Dedmon, our PG's are set Teague and Young, the wings at the 2 and 3 are good with Cam, Deandre, Huerter and Brembry.  We have Collins but we still need a hybrid PF and another playmaker.

I'd prefer another backup PG than Teague, he's too on again, off again on offense and his defense has been bad.

I don't know if Bembry will be brought back. We need serious scoring off the bench. Guys who are bucket getters.

We need backups at PG, Wing, and PF.

Here's my FA list:

PG: Kris Dunn

Wings: Joe Harris, Malik Beasley, Maurice Harkless

PF: Davis Bertans, Montrezl Harrell, Paul Milsap

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Why do we run this style offense when it’s not suited for our personnel.  Shoot 7th most 3’a yet dead last in makes

The issue is more that our guys aren't making shots than the quality of the shot. @blkbigdog35 posted a tweet a while back that some site that measures shot quality had us tied with the bucks, but we are last in 3Pts. We basically are suppose to run a spread pick and roll, but because guys cannot hit shots, we are missing the spread part.

It should also be worth mentioning that last year this time we were 2nd in points per game post all star break behind only the Bucks. 

And Can/Hunter/Reddish were drafted because they are shooters. Cannot get mad at the coach because you shooters aren't shooting, when he puts them in a good position. 

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The issue is more that our guys aren't making shots than the quality of the shot. @blkbigdog35 posted a tweet a while back that some site that measures shot quality had us tied with the bucks, but we are last in 3Pts. We basically are suppose to run a spread pick and roll, but because guys cannot hit shots, we are missing the spread part.

It should also be worth mentioning that last year this time we were 2nd in points per game post all star break behind only the Bucks. 

And Can/Hunter/Reddish were drafted because they are shooters. Cannot get mad at the coach because you shooters aren't shooting, when he puts them in a good position. 

Yeah, but if your guys are not above average 3 point shooters, don’t run this style of offense.  You set your scheme for the personnel you have, not vice versa 

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yeah, but if your guys are not above average 3 point shooters, don’t run this style of offense.  You set your scheme for the personnel you have, not vice versa 

Player Development. Guys aren't going to grow if you pigeon hole them based on what they can do now.  Collins isn'the elite offensive big man he is today because we decided his game could never grow. 

30 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

:munch:

16 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Why do we run this style offense when it’s not suited for our personnel.  Shoot 7th most 3’a yet dead last in makes

21-22 year olds in a rebuild full of temp contracts and injuries.

It’s getting irritating how people keep ignoring this like we’re supposed to be something more than what we are.

Cam was a 30% shooter in college and came in shooting 20% for his first 3 or so months.  Hunter wasn’t much better, and Fernando was even worse.

Plus Len went from ending last season making something 35% of his 3’s to barely making 15%.

Vince can’t hit the side of a barn anymore.

Parker and Crabbe were terrible from 3 and they’re gone.

Huerter and Trae started slow but got consistent, and were above league average by mid-season.

Cam and Hunter have easily added 20% to their percentages since the ASB, but they were so bad at the beginning and middle that their overall percentage is toast.

Consistency will come with more time. It’s already drastically improved.  If you start evaluating us from the ASB, we are significantly better than before.

3 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Growth is fine, but when you let your bench players jack up, on average , 18-20  3’s a game and they hit less than 25%, thats foolish.

For the season, the Hawks have allowed the following players to take jack up a few 3’s a game:

• Dedmond: 3.6 = 20%

• Parker: 3.6 = 26%

• Carter: 3.4  = 29%

• Parsons 2.8 = 28%

• Goodwin 2.6 = 29%

• Bembry 1.9 =  23%

• Teague 1.8 = 22%

In a league where most games are decided by a few possessions, these guys shooting 3’s on 20 possessions seems wasteful.  Either you are coaching the behavior or enabling it.  If Dedmon shoots a three, take him out of the game and remind him he is a 20% shooter from long range