Official HAWKS March Game Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have one of the best young 4s in the league!!!  

Player Development. Guys aren't going to grow if you pigeon hole them based on what they can do now.  Collins isn'the elite offensive big man he is today because we decided his game could never grow. 

I tried to tell folks about losing and its effect on our young core. I said it wasn't worth the small percentage increase in lottery odds. We should embrace the player development, but never let them

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Damm this may be the last game right now!

23 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

NBA just announced they are suspending the season 

Thank the Lord.

I couldn't take FI2012 and Spts1 crying their little F'ing eyes out about Trae and Huerter's defense any longer.

Edited by Beef
Just now, Beef said:

Thank the Lord.

I couldn't take F2012 and Spts1 crying their little F'ing eyes out about Trae and Huerter's defense any longer.

At least be accurate.  I can accept Trae’s defense because of everything else he brings to the table.  Huerter doesn’t bring enough to justify his defense.  

I am curious: are you ok with Huerter on the defensive side of the ball?

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

At least be accurate.  I can accept Trae’s defense because of everything else he brings to the table.  Huerter doesn’t bring enough to justify his defense.  

I am curious: are you ok with Huerter on the defensive side of the ball?

I honestly don't GAF at this point.  There's 3 straight pages of you saying the same GD thing over and over and over and F'ing over.

You are a horrible fan and a miserable human being and I bet you complain about everything in life and people quietly loathe and resent you for it.

Stop being that guy.

Edited by Beef
5 minutes ago, Beef said:

I honestly don't GAF at this point.  There's 3 straight pages of you saying the same GD thing over and over and over and F'ing over.

You are a horrible fan and a miserable human being and I bet you complain about everything in life and people quietly loathe and resent you for it.

Stop being that guy.

4 posts = 3 pages.  Gotcha

And the bolded is beneath you.  At least I sincerely hope it’s beneath you.  

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

4 posts = 3 pages.  Gotcha

Dude, it's like 10 pages of you doing 90% complaining.

GFYS

On 3/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Still don’t know why Huerter logs 10 more minutes than Cam & Collins...

On 3/7/2020 at 0:29 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

I don’t honestly care about Huerter’s scoring prowess.  We have enough scorers.  I care about our perimeter defense.  Period.  Huerter is an absolute liability on defense.  He and Trae will not be a championship starting backcourt.  They are one of the worst defensive backcourts in NBA history.  

11 assists are great, but watch the highlights from last night and tell me how many times the Wizards scored because Huerter was late rotating and the Wizards got an open look as a result.  How many times he failed to attempt the slightest help defense which allowed Beal easy path to the rim.  It’s unacceptable.  How can y’all defend his defense. 

Huerter is a 6th man.  His days as our starting SG need to be numbered.   But I have a sneaking suspicion he will start next year as well

+/- is clearly not the best measurement on the planet, but it’s useful.  Over the past 13 games:

• Huerter (471 min): -72

• Reddish (340 minutes): +20

On 3/7/2020 at 4:37 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

I read what you said but responded in general terms.  I know you said he has limitations.  And my point is those limitations combined with Trae’s is not a recipe for success.  It’s just not

On 3/7/2020 at 8:45 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Clearly LP has the boys ready to play today.  Trae looks uninterested

On 3/7/2020 at 11:15 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Are we doing some undercover tanking...  

On 3/8/2020 at 3:57 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Why do we run this style offense when it’s not suited for our personnel.  Shoot 7th most 3’a yet dead last in makes

On 3/8/2020 at 8:27 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yeah, but if your guys are not above average 3 point shooters, don’t run this style of offense.  You set your scheme for the personnel you have, not vice versa 

On 3/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Maybe they need to get down by 15 in the first to get in the game

On 3/4/2020 at 8:35 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Shut the team down except for Huerter, hunter Cam, Bruno etc.  let Vince get lots of minutes to finish the year and secure a top 3 pick.  

On 3/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

You don’t think Atkinson is a clear upgrade as a Head Coach?  That’s not a knock on LP, it’s a fact.   Atkinson is one of the top 12 NBA coaches

On 3/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Continuity is great, especially in the NFL.  But messages grow stale quickly in the NBA.  A new voice and a starting five of Trae, Cam, Hunter, Collins & Capella with Huerter as 6th man could be great in the East next year

Brooklyn has  a much better record than us and most nights their starting 5 is:

On 3/7/2020 at 1:43 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

They were about to make the playoffs for a 2nd straight year with their two best players gone for all but 20 games between them.  How many games did we win with just Collins out?  4 maybe.  I don’t recall.  I repressed those 25 games

On 3/7/2020 at 2:42 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

And I would disagree.  He was great during his time with the Hawks from 2014-2016.  

Really wish our FO wasn’t a bunch of idiots that fired  Buddenholzer.  That guy was a top 5 coach in the NBA during his time in ATL and is dominating in MIL.  He probably has us in the playoffs this year.  And if you liked Bud, you have to like Kenny Atkinson 

On 3/9/2020 at 10:09 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s not the young guys that are the problem.  Only Reddish falls under the 33.5% mark amongst our core.  It’s everyone else who sees the floor that is given a green light to fire at will

On 3/9/2020 at 8:18 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

And of course a Reddish is taken out

On 3/9/2020 at 11:23 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Charlotte with just 3 TO’s n a double OT game and still lose...lol

Heurter with 0 FT attempts in a team leading 48 minutes isn’t what you want ftt try on your scoring guard

On 3/9/2020 at 11:24 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Someone surely has to pull him aside and remind him he is a leader on this team

On 3/10/2020 at 9:13 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Can we get more touches for Cam.  Averaging 18 ppg his last 10 games.  

Cam also has a 0.617 PPT for the month of MAR. Which is 3rd for the month behind Terrence Ross and Norman Powell.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:34 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

If Matt Ryan said that with 5 games left in the year he would be crucified...and rightfully so.  It’s a bad look.  

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Trae and Huerter can’t be your starting backcourt. TheIr defense is too bad

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This is how we play when shots are not falling.  Our option B offensively is to continue with option A.  Leads to lots of high scoring games and getting blown out once a week

We need to target Okora in the NBA draft.  Trade Huerter.  He has offensive talent but we need perimeter defenders if Trae is our centerpiece.  A 3 man rotation on the wing of Cam, Hunter & Okoro is solid 

You can still win a title with Trae so long as you have Capella in the middle and  the other perimeter guys are plus defenders.  But Trae and Huerter will never work

It’s bad overall defense.  The perimeter defense has been atrocious.  Any guard or SF can get into the paint on the dribble against us in a plus position

Can we go ahead and trade for Gibson...lol

I think so as well.

With our current squad, it makes the most sense to have Cam next to Trae.  Then on the second unit Teague next to Huerter.  Teague & Cam are very good defenders.

52 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Trae has to start giving af on defense.  His man gets easy 7-8 foot shots off the dribble at will.  His speed should allow him to at least put a hand in the shooters face.  

It’s to the point we almost have to play a 1-3-1 zone exclusively with Cam up high to hide Trae

1 minute ago, Beef said:

Dude, it's like 10 pages of you doing 90% complaining.

GFYS

You’re going back a week where there were 3 bad showings for Huerter defensively.  I was talking tonight.  Are we just supposed to ignore bad defense every game?  If Ryan throws 3 picks a game for 5 straight games are the fans not allowed to comment on the elephant in the room?  Get a grip, bro.  

Would you prefer we all say this team plays great defense and has no issues...lol.  Go visit Pleasantville but I don’t like the taste of the kool-aid

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You’re going back a week where there were 3 bad showings for Huerter defensively.  I was talking tonight.  Are we just supposed to ignore bad defense every game?  If Ryan throws 3 picks a game for 5 straight games are the fans not allowed to comment on the elephant in the room?  Get a grip, bro.  

Would you prefer we all say this team plays great defense and has no issues...lol.  Go visit Pleasantville but I don’t like the taste of the kool-aid

Okay, Mr. Complainer, whatever you say.

22 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I think Trae's defense will improve with a better rim protector next year. Right now we have no one reliable

Capela..

once our lineup is set Trae, Cam, Hunter, Collins, Capela.. trolls and negative Nancy’s will have to find another forum