Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Official HAWKS March Game Thread

294 posts in this topic

An interesting stat I came across.  Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing.  I think it shows we run a bit too much P&R

Though Collins has missed 26 of the Hawks' 62 games, Young has 22 more assists to Collins (107) than he has to any other teammate. Young's 4.9 assists to Collins per 36 minutes on the floor together is the highest rate among combos with at least 100 total assists from one teammate to the other.

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Since the All-Star break, Atlanta ranks third in pacefourth in offensive efficiency, and 23rd in defensive efficiency

Great stuff with the offense. Cam and Hunter have really been a big part of that.

And the defense still isn’t good, but that’s got to be better than it was. With Collins and a healthy Huerter all year, I think we would have made the playoffs 

40 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

An interesting stat I came across.  Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing.  I think it shows we run a bit too much P&R

Though Collins has missed 26 of the Hawks' 62 games, Young has 22 more assists to Collins (107) than he has to any other teammate. Young's 4.9 assists to Collins per 36 minutes on the floor together is the highest rate among combos with at least 100 total assists from one teammate to the other.

I think it’s due to Trae’s and JC chemistry and how comfortable they are with one another.  I have noticed more ball movement but yeah PnR is definitely a constant.  I think as more guys get comfortable at being involved offensively we may see less.

FalconsIn2012 and jayu70 like this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Most of the time teams can't stop it, so go with what works. Only thing I'll say about that is to mix it up. It doesn't have to be Trae running the PnR. And there's plenty of things you can set up off the PnR.

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Is Capela gonna play this season?

Probably  not. He may play just to get rust off 

Did the Hawks leave before the second half of the game and other people played? I missed the game and just saw the box score.

1 hour ago, grandcanyonaz said:

Did the Hawks leave before the second half of the game and other people played? I missed the game and just saw the box score.

They got replaced by the college park team. 

grandcanyonaz likes this