Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

March 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Whole bunch of phone calls, text messages, dms, etc will be sent between now and then. :lol: ****.. the coaches will have time for hand written notes.

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Whole bunch of phone calls, text messages, dms, etc will be sent between now and then. :lol: ****.. the coaches will have time for hand written notes.

Whatever the new strategy, Kirby, Staff and Recruiting support will be the first to perfect it.

You could make an argument this is advantageous in at least some instances for us. For some of these kids, physical contact with the UGA staff is difficult because of distance. If it's just texts, emails, and phone calls, the playing field becomes even, and no one will outwork Kirby and Co when it comes to recruiting.

I'm sure our coaches will set some kind of record for most texts, emails, and phone calls made during this time.

Sorry guys, been out of the loop. Looks like the timing for spring break here (last week) was perfect and I was able to take my kids back to El Paso to visit family (my kids were all born there). So we did that all of last week and when we came back on Friday the world was a different place lol.

Hope everyone stays healthy as can be and none of you have to deal with unexpected doctor/hospital visits. Looks like it will be crazy for a while. If we have any medical professionals or first responders on here I will be praying for y’all. A few of my cousins and several friends are nurses, assistants, police or firefighters and will likely be exposed to sick folks every day. Stuff is going to spread fast. Hopefully enough of us do the responsible things asked of us to help the infection rate slow down. Personally, I work in a critical job (city job, plant operator at a water production plant where we pump water in from the lake and clean it for all water utility uses) and I’m deemed essential personnel. So I will be working my shifts no matter what, barring sickness. No idea what we will do if all the operators get sick.

Looks like recruiting info is going to slow down big time for a while. I’m expecting G-Day might be canceled or at least attendance will be shut down. All these sporting events being canned is not a good thing for us also being stuck at home. :(

Anyway, big love and respect to everyone hanging around on here. Hope you and yours make it through all this without incident. Go Dawgs!

Yep was sent home Friday to telework.  Today is my son's first day at the house "until further notice" but his school has also sent home 2 weeks of school work for him to do the next two weeks.  So it's working and teaching each day for awhile from the house for me.  Weird times for sure.  Pray all of y'all and your loved ones are safe and stay healthy.

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Yep was sent home Friday to telework.  Today is my son's first day at the house "until further notice" but his school has also sent home 2 weeks of school work for him to do the next two weeks.  So it's working and teaching each day for awhile from the house for me.  Weird times for sure.  Pray all of y'all and your loved ones are safe and stay healthy.

i am working from home for a month.  We actully just got back last saturday from 4 days at disney and a 5 day cruise to the bahamas.  When we got home we went to Kroger for some food and they were sold out of everything.  It was crazy.  We thought it was a joke that there was a run on grocery stores..  anyways we got a lot of food from sprouts and then from kroger the next day..  i am glad we stocked up on toilet paper before we went out of town.. lol  I hope everyone stays safe.  

Working from home indefinitely.  In 'crootin news, Evan Pryor commits to Suckeyes and Wiltfong cb's Treyveon Johnson to them as well.  WTF?

Andrew Ellis on Eleven Warriors put in his CBs, and now believes that Henderson also goes to OSU, but that sends Edwards to UGA

It seems as though Henderson, at least for now, is still taking some time so we might be able to sway some there, but it does seem likely that OSU gets at least one of the two

Perhaps we can sway LJ Johnson?

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i am working from home for a month.  We actully just got back last saturday from 4 days at disney and a 5 day cruise to the bahamas.  When we got home we went to Kroger for some food and they were sold out of everything.  It was crazy.  We thought it was a joke that there was a run on grocery stores..  anyways we got a lot of food from sprouts and then from kroger the next day..  i am glad we stocked up on toilet paper before we went out of town.. lol  I hope everyone stays safe.  

We went to Disney resort for two days with our son, daughter in law and grandson. Then drove to port canaveral for a 7 day cruise on the RC harmony of the seas. Came back sun on my birthday. My bosses told me to work from home for 14 days. It’s getting really weird around here.

4 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

We went to Disney resort for two days with our son, daughter in law and grandson. Then drove to port canaveral for a 7 day cruise on the RC harmony of the seas. Came back sun on my birthday. My bosses told me to work from home for 14 days. It’s getting really weird around here.

Dude sounds like exactly what we did except for a few more days at disney and a few less days on the Cruise.  We also boarded a boat on port canaveral on royal carribean.  It was fantastic.  Yeah to say it's getting weird is an understatement.. LOL  We got back and we were stunned.. there are so few cars on the road  right now.  Other than grocery stores and gas stations it's quiet overall.  movie theaters are closed.. gyms are also.  i was supposed to only work from home for 2 weeks, but my company is asking us to all work from home for 4 weeks..