March 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

Carter

10 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Sorry the truth hurts. Thankful for what Fromm contributed to this program but the reality is he never was anything more than an average QB with severe physical limitations. You can't "lead" your way to a title. 

Wait, he went from not a star to average???  Sorry, I agree he was never a star but you just lost all credibility with me saying he was nothing more than an average QB.

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Average QBs don’t win 37 games and lose only 7. Average QBs don’t have a winning record against top 25 teams in his 3 years. If you want to say Fromm isn’t elite, fine but he sure as **** wasn't an “average” QB. Back to recruiting 

Okay, he was a "good" player. Like G Dawg said, a good player on great teams. 

Just now, richham said:

Wait, he went from not a star to average???  Sorry, I agree he was never a star but you just lost all credibility with me saying he was nothing more than an average QB.

Alright, well glad my credibility to you means nothing to me. Carry on. 

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The last 4 National Champions have had a Elite QB - I believe that is a long enough streak to call a trend.  YES, Tua didn’t start for Bama in 2017 - but he came in and won a game that would have been lost so it counts.

Heading into 2020 season, you have Clemson and Ohio State as early favorites to win the Natty with both of their elite QBs in Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields.   Bama has a phenom Freshman QB recruit in Bryce Young who could be special in college.

There are 5 or so programs that have separated from the rest of college football in Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama & Georgia.  The separator between those 4 teams every year in taking the Natty will likely be QB play.

To me, the biggest threat to UGA ending the Natty drought is the QB position.   We gotta get that right.   We had YKW on campus and lost him.   Dawgs really need BVG to be the real deal if Carson Beck isn’t.

I will tie my response to this with a recruiting angle since that’s what this thread is: 

It doesn’t matter if we get an elite QB on campus if we don’t surround him with elite playmakers around him. All the elite QBs you mentioned, all had elite WR play. If you give a good QB elite playmakers then you can win championships. I believe Beck and BVG were/are elite HS QB but if we don’t continue to recruit WRs like we did this past year, it won’t matter if they are elite because we won’t win any championships without elite playmakers on the outside

32 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Sorry the truth hurts. Thankful for what Fromm contributed to this program but the reality is he never was anything more than an average QB with severe physical limitations. You can't "lead" your way to a title. 

Not hurt at all.

Don't agree with ya but this is a chat room thread.

Also the point to my post ultimately is that this thread is a Recruiting thread and not a thread about former players.

27 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I will tie my response to this with a recruiting angle since that’s what this thread is: 

It doesn’t matter if we get an elite QB on campus if we don’t surround him with elite playmakers around him. All the elite QBs you mentioned, all had elite WR play. If you give a good QB elite playmakers then you can win championships. I believe Beck and BVG were/are elite HS QB but if we don’t continue to recruit WRs like we did this past year, it won’t matter if they are elite because we won’t win any championships without elite playmakers on the outside

Hardman, Godwin, Ridley, Holloman, and Nauta wasn’t chopped liver.   Last year’s receivers weren’t ready for prime time  and neither was OC James Coley.   

I fully agree the WR recruiting needs to step up and has stepped up.   Even the elite QB needs weapons.   Also need a more aggressive scheme, which we now have.

9 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Not hurt at all.

Don't agree with ya but this is a chat room thread.

Also the point to my post ultimately is that this thread is a Recruiting thread and not a thread about former players.

My bad, I didn't even realize it was recruiting thread. My apologies  for hijacking it 

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Popeyes is said to be the favorite at this time as the prospect has a very close relationship with the new member of the Popeyes’ staff - the spicy Chicken Sandwich.

Popeyes some ******* ********. I like that new sandwich but their tea always sucks and they always forget something I ordered. I'll still go back tho.

I will go ahead and also Apologize for derailing the thread too.

My bad just couldn't help it.

My 3 would be though Zaxbys, Fil A and Popeyes if I want a chicken sandwhich.

If its just a basic chicken sandwich its Fil A.  If I want something with a little extra though its Zaxbys or Popeyes with Zaxbys leading because of the sweet tea.

#respectmydecision

38 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hardman, Godwin, Ridley, Holloman, and Nauta wasn’t chopped liver.   Last year’s receivers weren’t ready for prime time  and neither was OC James Coley.   

I fully agree the WR recruiting needs to step up and has stepped up.   Even the elite QB needs weapons.   Also need a more aggressive scheme, which we now have.

And look where we were at the end of that season.. that’s my point. QB is the sexy position but he is nothing without elite WRs around him. 

24 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

And look where we were at the end of that season.. that’s my point. QB is the sexy position but he is nothing without elite WRs around him. 

understood.  Of course, if  Tua would have played that whole game, UGA probably never would have  jumped out to that early double digit lead, though.   UGA has a great team and the top-to-bottom roster the last two years has been almost as good or as good as the other teams.   I just see these top 4 programs as so similar that none is getting over on the other w/o elite QB play.   You always have to have that ability to come from behind when you get punched in the mouth early as well when you get the SECCG and CFP.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

understood.  Of course, if  Tua would have played that whole game, UGA probably never would have  jumped out to that early double digit lead, though.   UGA has a great team and the top-to-bottom roster the last two years has been almost as good or as good as the other teams.   I just see these top 4 programs as so similar that none is getting over on the other w/o elite QB play.   You always have to have that ability to come from behind when you get punched in the mouth early as well when you get the SECCG and CFP.

I think people give Tua too much credit tbh.. Yeah he’d be a good QB but anyone can throw a 10 yard slant or 5 yards out. His receivers put him over the top