March 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I appreciate you guys asking and accepting my info. It’s not usually I get bad intel but I’m pretty upset about the Marshall stuff. So I appreciate you guys not jumping down my throat lol

You are da man.  Nobody I know has more knowledge of Florida high school football.  You must have done great connects

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate you guys asking and accepting my info. It’s not usually I get bad intel but I’m pretty upset about the Marshall stuff. So I appreciate you guys not jumping down my throat lol

We need a laugh today. So here ya go.  

Sorry guys, been out of the loop. Looks like the timing for spring break here (last week) was perfect and I was able to take my kids back to El Paso to visit family (my kids were all born there). So w

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Is there any reason for such an early CB on Stockton to UGA?

That’s Warren’s MO. 
he always drops the earliest CBs because that system awards the earliest predictions more. He’ll change it if there’s a lot of smoke for another school

8 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Not really.. If Bobo is at South Carolina after next season, they will be the favorite imo followed by UGA and UNC but this will be a long long recruitment and anything can change 

I'd look for Stockton to commit to Sakerlina at some point during the season and then after Muschump gets canned, the new coach keeping Bobo and thus keeping Stockton.   We will be fine with or without Stockton.   MJ Morris is an in-state stud as well who we are in good shape with.

21 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I'd look for Stockton to commit to Sakerlina at some point during the season and then after Muschump gets canned, the new coach keeping Bobo and thus keeping Stockton.   We will be fine with or without Stockton.   MJ Morris is an in-state stud as well who we are in good shape with.

I’ve been reading about Stockton on this board and others with the link to UGA for almost 4 years.    Would be disappointed to see him go out of state to an inferior school and football program.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I’ve been reading about Stockton on this board and others with the link to UGA for almost 4 years.    Would be disappointed to see him go out of state to an inferior school and football program.

Gunner has such a good relationship with the Bobo family I’m just not sure we can overcome that. That said if Muschamp gets fired, all bets are off. 

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I mean I get that point that we wanna stack as much talent as possible, but with BVG already locked in the 21 class, we will be fine with or without stockton. 

11 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I mean I get that point that we wanna stack as much talent as possible, but with BVG already locked in the 21 class, we will be fine with or without stockton. 

If BVG is a Star in college it won’t matter - and by “Star” I mean a force - not a Fromm or an Eason.

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

I will agree that Eason wasn’t a star but Fromm absolutely was his sophomore year. 

Fromm was never a star. He was a mediocre game manager, that rode the coattails of an elite running game.   Which is fine, that's why Kirby wanted up until now... until he realized we had to shift our philosophy. 

Gone are the days of winning Chips with elite defenses, great running games, and a game manager QB. Who can blame kirby though? He was simply molding this team after what he saw first-handed at Bama when he was there - Elite Defense, Great running game, game mgr qb. 

11 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Fromm was never a star. He was a mediocre game manager, that rode the coattails of an elite running game.   Which is fine, that's why Kirby wanted up until now... until he realized we had to shift our philosophy. 

Gone are the days of winning Chips with elite defenses, great running games, and a game manager QB. Who can blame kirby though? He was simply molding this team after what he saw first-handed at Bama when he was there - Elite Defense, Great running game, game mgr qb. 

Fromm has his physical limitations but there are very few out there that can match him on decision making and on the chalkboard. He'll probably spend a few years as a backup in the NFL and if he chooses to could end up as a very good OC down the line.

29 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Your definition of “Star” is too high. Fromm isn’t a superstar (Lawerence and Burrow) but your average QB isn’t only losing 7 games (half of which were a championship games) over a 3 year stretch in the best conference in the nation. You will be surprised over the next few years because I think you will see teams win national championships with non-superstar QBs. Yes, you have to have good-great QB play but you also have to have elite WRs and good-great OL play as well. 

Edited by Bdawg58
9 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Your definition of “Star” is too high. Fromm isn’t a superstar (Lawerence and Burrow) but your average QB isn’t only losing 7 games (half of which were a championship games) over a 3 year stretch in the best conference in the nation. You will be surprised over the next few years because I think you will see teams win national championships with non-superstar QBs. Yes, you have to have good-great QB play but you also have to have elite WRs and good-great OL play as well. 

Don't discount coaching either. 

This offseason has been one of the best offseasons in the school's history.  #1 Grad Transfer QB with a cannon of an arm/mobility and valuable playing experience (granted it was in the ACC, but that experience already has him in position to be the starter - it's essentially his job to lose), LOADED defense returning, #1 class... I think all of that coupled with the staff hires of Monken, Faulker (which is a sneaky good hire), and Cochran - we will see a different Georgia team this year. I know CKS is going to downplay it as if nothing will change - but best believe we will see a new-look UGA this year and I am pumped for it. 

It's obvious that CKS saw the CFB landscape and went all-in on this new philosophy. When was the last time we loaded up on WRs like we did this past class. Oh don't forget about Washington the #1 ATH in the country. Our defense is already championship level. Now we just tweak the offense a bit and I would hate to be playing us this year. 

29 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The last 4 National Champions have had a Elite QB - I believe that is a long enough streak to call a trend.  YES, Tua didn’t start for Bama in 2017 - but he came in and won a game that would have been lost so it counts.

Heading into 2020 season, you have Clemson and Ohio State as early favorites to win the Natty with both of their elite QBs in Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields.   Bama has a phenom Freshman QB recruit in Bryce Young who could be special in college.

There are 5 or so programs that have separated from the rest of college football in Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama & Georgia.  The separator between those 4 teams every year in taking the Natty will likely be QB play.

To me, the biggest threat to UGA ending the Natty drought is the QB position.   We gotta get that right.   We had YKW on campus and lost him.   Dawgs really need BVG to be the real deal if Carson Beck isn’t.

Just now, 95Dawg said:

Back to beating on Fromm again and in the Recruiting Thread.

Can we keep the kicking Fromm info in the UGA news thread instead?

Sorry the truth hurts. Thankful for what Fromm contributed to this program but the reality is he never was anything more than an average QB with severe physical limitations. You can't "lead" your way to a title. 

6 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Back to beating on Fromm again and in the Recruiting Thread.

Can we keep the kicking Fromm info in the UGA news thread instead?

It’s not beating up Fromm.  Just an acknowledgement that in today’s college football landscape with the 4-6 powerhouse programs (really just 4 now but two could crash in over next few years) - that it will take Elite QB play to win it all.   

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Sorry the truth hurts. Thankful for what Fromm contributed to this program but the reality is he never was anything more than an average QB with severe physical limitations. You can't "lead" your way to a title. 

Average QBs don’t win 37 games and lose only 7. Average QBs don’t have a winning record against top 25 teams in his 3 years. If you want to say Fromm isn’t elite, fine but he sure as **** wasn't an “average” QB. Back to recruiting