March 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

Carter

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Got a couple of PMs on DL recruiting so figured I’d post this here.

Perfectly logical to be concerned about DL recruiting. While it has improved last 2 cycles, DL does lag behind other position groups in terms of talent acquired. CTS is doing a great job at developing talent though and that should be noted. Friendly reminder that it’s March, we don’t know what we don’t know yet. In addition, look at how the rest of this defense is setting up.

I might regret this but I’ll say it anyway. These are all Dawgs:

1. James Williams-#6 overall in country
  2. Tony Grimes-#7 overall in country
  3. Smael Mondon-#23 overall in country
  4. Barrett Carter-#54 overall in country but might be bests player in this class.
  5. Quentin Somerville-#69 overall in country.
  6. David Daniel-#76 overall in country.
  7. Nyland Green-#96 overall in country.

Other notables that have a strong possibility to be a Dawg:

1. Leonard Taylor-#31 overall (DL)
  2. Lee Hunter-#41 overall (DL)
  3. Tumise Adeleye-#43 overall (DL)
  4. Demeioun Robinson-#48 overall
  5. Corey Collier-#60 overall
  6. Xavian Sorey-#61 overall
  7. Isaiah Johnson-#62 overall

Thats just the top 100 list...we will pull 12 defensive players from the top 100 and RaRa Dillworth is another name that will be in top 100 before all said and done. DL will pull at least one above. We’ll be fine, stay patient with it. Defense remains stacked.

Keep in mind this year we're probably going to take around 15 defensive players and only 10 offensive. 

I also want to add, don't take this list is gospel at this time of the year. Recruiting is fluid, things can change over time. I have no doubt that SoFL has reliable intel and is relaying what he is hearing at this current time. But a lot of us have learned over the years that what could be true today might not necessarily stay true months from now when signing day approaches. You only have to look at last year when both Bresee and Sewell confirmed after they eventually signed with other programs, that they were going to be Dawgs at one point deep into the recruiting process only for a few months to cause that to change. 

So while I have little doubt that this is what our staff is currently hearing and feeling, I also have little doubt that things will still stand this way with all of these players 9 months from now on ESD. 

Edited by RandomFan

1 hour ago, LawDawg said:

Mack Brown quietly putting together perhaps the best class in UNC history. He just flipped Maye, already has a bunch of 4 stars, and is trending for Pryor.

This will be good for ACC if Brown can make UNC a perennial Top 20 program.   Hopefully will edge out Clemson and take 2-3 recruits from them a year.

31 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Saw where Wiltfong cb’d DB Jordan Hancock to Clemscum.  Not sure where he sits on our DB board, just hate to see high ranked Georgia kids keep going there.

Think we have been behind a few others early on for Hancock. Changed my mock a few times, but have never had him in it. He's certainly an elite ballplayer with a bright future. 

4 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Saw where Wiltfong cb’d DB Jordan Hancock to Clemscum.  Not sure where he sits on our DB board, just hate to see high ranked Georgia kids keep going there.

Keeping in mind that I don't know anything in terms of actual inside info, from what I've read at least, I got the impression that he was at least behind Grimes, Johnson, and Green on our board. That's also depending on where we are with guys like McKinstry, though I really get the impression we're not really in that one.

What I'd be really curious about is how we're doing with the Miami Palmetto pair, Collier and Marshall. @youngbloodz Have you heard anything on where those two might be leaning? I know Marshall's only CB is to Miami.

39 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Keeping in mind that I don't know anything in terms of actual inside info, from what I've read at least, I got the impression that he was at least behind Grimes, Johnson, and Green on our board. That's also depending on where we are with guys like McKinstry, though I really get the impression we're not really in that one.

What I'd be really curious about is how we're doing with the Miami Palmetto pair, Collier and Marshall. @youngbloodz Have you heard anything on where those two might be leaning? I know Marshall's only CB is to Miami.

Collier is more than likely headed to FSU if the family gets their way. His dad played at FSU. I know he loves FSU but I’m told he isn’t a lock to them. I believe Marshall ends up at Miami...right now. It’s treading that way from what I know but with these south Florida kids and Miami you never know 

23 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Collier is more than likely headed to FSU if the family gets their way. His dad played at FSU. I know he loves FSU but I’m told he isn’t a lock to them. I believe Marshall ends up at Miami...right now. It’s treading that way from what I know but with these south Florida kids and Miami you never know 

So just after we say all this, Andrew Ivins, the Miami insider puts in a CB for Marshall to Florida

Honestly, I'd be surprised. Mullen sucks at recruiting. I'd think we, or Alabama, or Clemson could pull him away from Miami before Florida

15 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

So just after we say all this, Andrew Ivins, the Miami insider puts in a CB for Marshall to Florida

Honestly, I'd be surprised. Mullen sucks at recruiting. I'd think we, or Alabama, or Clemson could pull him away from Miami before Florida

Yeah, apparently he grew up a Gator fan. I got some bad intel. I can definitely see you guys pulling him

57 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

You’re getting the real deal. I can see him playing a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE. He is that versatile to me 

You think he should see his ranking go up? Is he 5 star worthy?

Edited by VA F.O.

33 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

As others have said in the past appreciate you adding your info down there to the board

I appreciate you guys asking and accepting my info. It’s not usually I get bad intel but I’m pretty upset about the Marshall stuff. So I appreciate you guys not jumping down my throat lol

20 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I appreciate you guys asking and accepting my info. It’s not usually I get bad intel but I’m pretty upset about the Marshall stuff. So I appreciate you guys not jumping down my throat lol

Nah, on the contrary, I sometimes wonder if we're asking you and @ing you too much

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

@youngbloodz an honorary Dawg on the low lol. I think we all agree here even without Richt we'd be happy to see Miami succeed and have a few games in the playoffs even against UGA.

I would love to see Miami play UGA. I would love to see you guys experience your team win a national championship. 

35 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

@youngbloodz an honorary Dawg on the low lol. I think we all agree here even without Richt we'd be happy to see Miami succeed and have a few games in the playoffs even against UGA.

Sorry man, ain't going that far lol

I'd love to see Miami have success again, if anything just to spite Florida lol, but if they played UGA...nah, I'm hoping they lose that game 100 times out of 100