Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconsIn2012

Panthers Trying To Move Up to #1 Pick

3 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

MVP is a popularity contest. Doesn't mean anything. Larry Brown, Dexter Jackson, Malcolm Smith, Santonio Holmes and Joe Flacco are also Super Bowl MVP's. Eli's career in general has been below par. He gets by on family name. Although he made some key plays in his career, those Super Bowls were won by defense and the run game. He never carried the team and no defense ever feared him. It is what it is.

I'm not saying Eli was a better QB than Rivers. Just saying that the trade up for the Giants to get Eli did payoff with 2 SBs.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm not saying Eli was a better QB than Rivers. Just saying that the trade up for the Giants to get Eli did payoff in 2 SBs.

I would argue the Super Bowls has nothing to do with Eli being there. The defense and run game got them there. All Eli did was manage it. 

Just now, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I would argue the Super Bowls has nothing to do with Eli being there. The defense and run game got them there. All Eli did was manage it. 

The fact that Eli still made some plays to help get them there is all we can go on. Personally, I think the Giants could've won more with Rivers because Coughlin was a better HC than any HC Rivers had with the Chargers. Even though I think the Chargers messed up firing Schottenheimer after losing that AFCCG.

Rivers has some really good teams as well, but underachieved and never really got far in the postseason other than the AFCCG once.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

The fact that Eli still made some plays to help get them there is all we can go on. Personally, I think the Giants could've won more with Rivers because Coughlin was a better HC than any HC Rivers had with the Chargers. Even though I think the Chargers messed up firing Schottenheimer after losing that AFCCG.

Rivers has some really good teams as well, but underachieved and never really got far in the postseason other than the AFCCG once.

Agree 100%

53 minutes ago, grandcanyonaz said:

I don't see the Bengals doing this as I'm sure it would include Cam in the trade. Too risky. At least with Burrows, they have someone young and healthy at least as of now.

If the Bengals think Hebert can be close to Burrow, the trade makes complete sense.  Kind of like when the 49ers completely robbed the Bears who were sold on Trubisky.

“The Bears traded the Nos3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick. “

17 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Yeah that's cool, except the point was that if Eli was on the Chargers, does he replicate that success? I strongly doubt it, considering he's never beaten Peyton and then there's still the Patriots and Steelers.

I mean, there’s no way to argue crazy theoreticals and alternative realities. However, in this realm where the Giants did trade for Eli, the decision paid off in spades. And it’s not like Eli had a problem beating the Patriots in the playoffs anyway.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:30 AM, Rings said:

But I was told Herbert was going #1.

Who said that?  Ever?  Zero mock drafts have Herbert going #1...  

18 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

Who said that?  Ever?  Zero mock drafts have Herbert going #1...  

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Who said that dumb ****?

@Draftnut57 

Me saying that was a joke, his take was not.  There is an entire thread about it if you want a good laugh.

On 3/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Honestly, I hope they make it happen and draft Burrows. Several here said he’s overrated so I’d love the Falcons to face him twice a year and be in the same division

...except the people here aren't NFL scouts and he will destroy us and hand us 2 L's a year.

10 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

...except the people here aren't NFL scouts and he will destroy us and hand us 2 L's a year.

Be our luck, Brees finally retires and then we have to deal with him for the next fifteen years instead.

11 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

has squat to do with anyone being a scout. I just wanna see if he can prove doubters wrong

Doesn't surprise me with Joe Brady as their new OC. No way cincy trades that pick unless CAR offers 3 first rounders in which I would laugh my *** off 

10 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Right on cue too, would be 10 years since the last time they did it. Maybe they can dust off Jimmy Clausen and let him have another go at it and make it 2-for-2.

:lol:

A Jimmy Clausen reference! How did that guy last ?

21 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Wasn’t he a generational, can’t miss #1 overall prospect when he signed with ND?

When I see generational, can't miss, I envision someone with more body mass than a 5 year old