Who else is afraid TD will fall in love with a DB today

lju713

If Okudah,Henderson or Fulton blow up the combine we all know TD will want a CB. Dimitroff also is fixated on the idea of fixing the back end before the front. The only DB I want a early flier on is Kyle Dugger and I'm hoping he falls to us #64.

With the way it's looking now a few OL and a QB or 2 may push the top DBs down the board. Hopefully TD stays the course of what we need.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Rhetorical right? Simmons is a no brainer. Okudah would be a good trade up as well if Trufant is cut. 

I wouldn't cut Tru this season. Let's hypothetically say we trade up for Okudah and we signed Fowler/Quinn in FA. Now the defense is better, and replacing Campbell should not be as hard. I saw alot of capable looking LB at the combine.

23 minutes ago, lju713 said:

If Okudah,Henderson or Fulton blow up the combine we all know TD will want a CB. Dimitroff also is fixated on the idea of fixing the back end before the front. The only DB I want a early flier on is Kyle Dugger and I'm hoping he falls to us #64.

With the way it's looking now a few OL and a QB or 2 may push the top DBs down the board. Hopefully TD stays the course of what we need.

If it’s Delpit or McKinney I’m ok. But, yeah, not on other three, but he could 

6 minutes ago, lju713 said:

I wouldn't cut Tru this season. Let's hypothetically say we trade up for Okudah and we signed Fowler/Quinn in FA. Now the defense is better, and replacing Campbell should not be as hard. I saw alot of capable looking LB at the combine.

With no post 6/1 it makes no sense to cut Tru in the first place. The problem is it’s going to take a lot of sacrificial lambs to make some real signings in FA. So basically you’re relying on the draft and coaching to improve this team. 

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

True on all

The trend I’m noticing is no one wants to trade picks away for top tier incoming players and really want to rely on a team of little to no experienced players on defense. Most of the ones with experience are average at best. 

Then they forget in order to sign X free agent is going to open a hole somewhere else because in order to free up real money some actual productive starters gotta go. Continuing to restructure contracts only **** up the cap down the road

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

The trend I’m noticing is no one wants to trade picks away for top tier incoming players and really want to rely on a team of little to no experienced players on defense. Most of the ones with experience are average at best. 

Then they forget in order to sign X free agent is going to open a hole somewhere else because in order to free up real money some actual productive starters gotta go. Continuing to restructure contracts only **** up the cap down the road

Yup. And on top of inexperienced, it’s players with potential and really JAGs that slipped for a reason. 
I think letting Hoop go is a good start. I’d trade Trufant. But, if you don’t add a sublime talent to this defense, it’ll be more of the same. You have an aging QB and WR and a rebuilt OL, if there were a time to take a risk it’s now. Or just start tearing down and rebuild for 3-5 years

I would trade away pick #47, grudgingly, for Okudah or Simmons if they somehow slide to the 8th pick.  That’s really the only two I’d do that for.  Maybe Brown, but he isn’t much better than Gallimore, Blacklock.  Simmons & Okudah are considerably better than anyone else in the positional group

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yup. And on top of inexperienced, it’s players with potential and really JAGs that slipped for a reason. 
I think letting Hoop go is a good start. I’d trade Trufant. But, if you don’t add a sublime talent to this defense, it’ll be more of the same. You have an aging QB and WR and a rebuilt OL, if there were a time to take a risk it’s now. Or just start tearing down and rebuild for 3-5 years

Yep. There’s a lot being overlooked at the current moment by the board. As bad as TD and Quinn has been together I’m sure they see the bigger picture. Not saying there will be any blockbuster trades or anything but they know the consequences of making certain moves. Even if said draft pick is a bust you still don’t gut the team when a full rebuild is the furthest thing from reality

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yep. There’s a lot being overlooked at the current moment by the board. As bad as TD and Quinn has been together I’m sure they see the bigger picture. Not saying there will be any blockbuster trades or anything but they know the consequences of making certain moves. Even if said draft pick is a bust you still don’t gut the team when a full rebuild is the furthest thing from reality

Yeah. Good news is we do have what I call a plethora of young JAGs on roster, and some studs in grady and Debo