2020 salary cap projected at $200 Million....for now

shockerfalcon

50 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

New CBA means Hooper may stay.

If FA's and their agents are smart, they should really consider waiting a little if a new CBA isn't already in place when FA first starts.

I hate to say this but I hope not.  We need to be more responsible with the cap money.  Spend the cap preferentially on a pass rusher.  

4 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

1:00 PM ET (via Tony Pauline): Salary cap increase coming
As I first reported during The Draft Insiders podcast several weeks ago, the 2020 salary cap is expected to rise to $200 million. If the CBA is approved by the players, which most expect, I’m told there is an expectation that the cap will rise 2% to $204 million.

If that is the case, the Falcons could franchise tag Hooper and then workout a deal. If not, then trade him to another team for some picks.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:15 AM, Faithful Falcon said:

Green Bay is going after him too. Hooper may have hard feelings about the way the business has been handled .

If that's the case he's in the wrong business. As Blank said, salary cap isn't unlimited. If we can afford to keep him, I'm sure we will. But it's business and tough decisions have to be made. And it's a lie that the Falcons never entertained keeping him.

Imagine that.

So when TD mentioned a few months ago he had a handle on our current cap situation maybe he wasn’t talking out the side of his mouth.

Just maybe the FO do have a handle on this situation and leave the chaotic thought process to fans who don’t really have a clue hmmmm.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Imagine that.

So when TD mentioned a few months ago he had a handle on our current cap situation maybe he wasn’t talking out the side of his mouth.

Just maybe the FO do have a handle on this situation and leave the chaotic thought process to fans who don’t really have a clue hmmmm.

Bro... You wake up look in the mirror and really believe that we are not in poor cap health?  Seriously?  Can you do basic math, or was geometry a struggle for you in school?

4 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Bro... You wake up look in the mirror and really believe that we are not in poor cap health?  Seriously?  Can you do basic math, or was geometry a struggle for you in school?

It’s not about being in poor health all we have to worry about is being able to make suficient moves every year to put a competitive team on the field.

Basic math you reckon every year we have this pathetic discussion have a look at what we did last year and get back to me.

You really think this thing is won in FA really.

Just sit back and wait and watch the FO manoeuvre like they always do.

All of a sudden caps an issue you reckon lol.