Would you rather the Falcons sign Dante Fowler or Robert Quinn because he's cheaper?

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

You think we can get 2 good pass rushers in the draft?

I think it could be beneficial to do something similar to what we did in 2016 when we paired up some young guys from the 2015 & 2016 draft classes with some solid vets acquired in free agency,

1. Re-sign Clayborn and Davison to reasonable deals. They aren't big number guys, but they are key contributors who still have some gas in the tank.
2. Sign a vet free agent edge rusher like Bruce Irvin to a 1 or 2 year deal
3. Use the draft to get a LB to replace Campbell, a DE/LB to replace Vic, and a big bodied DT to pair w/ Grady.

Believe it or not, the Falcons finished tied with the Cowboys for the best pass rush win rate in the NFL last year. So I don't think we need to be desperate and throw a ton of money at a Clowney or Fowler type player. Additionally, I don't think it's mandatory that we hit on 2 pass rushers in this draft. That'd be great if it happened, but as long as we get one & add a solid free agent, we should be good to go. Finding a seasoned vet who won''t break the bank but can be part of the rotation, get a handful of sacks & pressures, and most importantly will help get the rookies up to speed quickly would be a huge help... kinda like Dwight Freeney was for us in 2016.

28 minutes ago, k-train said:

I think it could be beneficial to do something similar to what we did in 2016 when we paired up some young guys from the 2015 & 2016 draft classes with some solid vets acquired in free agency,

1. Re-sign Clayborn and Davison to reasonable deals. They aren't big number guys, but they are key contributors who still have some gas in the tank.
3. Use the draft to get a LB to replace Campbell, a DE/LB to replace Vic, and a big bodied DT to pair w/ Grady.

Believe it or not, the Falcons finished tied with the Cowboys for the best pass rush win rate in the NFL last year. So I don't think we need to be desperate and throw a ton of money at a Clowney or Fowler type player. Additionally, I don't think it's mandatory that we hit on 2 pass rushers in this draft. That'd be great if it happened, but as long as we get one & add a solid free agent, we should be good to go. Finding a seasoned vet who won''t break the bank but can be part of the rotation, get a handful of sacks & pressures, and most importantly will help get the rookies up to speed quickly would be a huge help... kinda like Dwight Freeney was for us in 2016.

Hopefully Takk can have a break out year.

11 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Also, it's looking less likely, but if the Jags are really braindead enough to cut Calais Campbell since they're cap strapped and need to pay Ngakoue and have other holes, we need to throw the kitchen sink at him.

I wholeheartedly agree. I am hoping for this. It will be a nightmare to pair him with Jarrett. God I hope this happens. 

11 hours ago, k-train said:

Only thing is I think folks underestimate what Davison will get.  

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

What if it were for cheap 4-5 mill per and he gives us what he gave us last year.I’d at least entertain it.

But you wouldn't know until the end of the year if you were getting what you got last year...

I think it's just time to move on...I'm born and raised in Atlanta...so I believe I know the pulse of the city...and I'm telling you folks would go crazy if they brought Vic back...lol