Some of Your Fave Matches of All Time ??

Mine are John Cena vs Umaga Last Man Standing

John Cena vs JBL i quit match 

Austin vs Kane First Blood Match 

The Rock Vs Austin WM ( 2nd fight )

John Cena vs HBK Raw 2007 

HHH vs HBK matches ( 3 stages of ****, **** In a Cell and Unsanctioned Street Fight 

Undertaker Vs Lesnar 2002 and 2003

Edge matches vs Cena/ Batista and Undertaker 

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

HHH vs HBK matches ( 3 stages of ****, **** In a Cell and Unsanctioned Street Fight 

undertaker vs HHH Wrestlemaina 17, 27, and 28

Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair Wrestlemania 24

Undertaker vs Mankind king of the ring 1998

6 minutes ago, meezy0236 said:

undertaker vs HHH Wrestlemaina 17, 27, and 28

Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair Wrestlemania 24

Undertaker vs Mankind king of the ring 1998

Undertaker vs Mankind will always be a classic. Though i havent watched in earnest. 

Hbk vs Ric Flair was good for a number of reasons but HBK being the one to get the torch from Flair was great 

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Hart vs Michaels.  Any of their matches are incredible

21 minutes ago, caponine said:

I was just about to say that and it was legit. They said Bret Hart confronted Shawn then tried to whack Vince 

Yeah, I remember watching it on PPV when it happened. It was weird but I thought it was part of the plan. Fans didn't know Brett was leaving WWF for WCW but people within wrestling did before that night.

The moment when I realized something unscripted took place was when Brett drew out the letters WCW with his index finger because just about every wrestling vet with a name was jumping over back then.

Brett gave Vince a black eye backstage afterwards.

What many don't realize though is that the Montreal Screwjob actually helped save the WWF over the course of the next few years because that incident brought Vince McMahon out of being known as an announcer to fans finding out he was really the boss of the WWF.

It allowed Vince to be hated immediately by fans which led to him choosing to be the arch rival to Stone Cold in one of the most historic feuds and kicked the attitude era into high gear to take on WCW and their monstrous NWO angle, which was destroying the WWF beforehand.

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Did punch Vince

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, I remember watching it on PPV when it happened. It was weird but I thought it was part of the plan. Fans didn't know Brett was leaving WWF for WCW but people within wrestling did before that night.

The moment when I realized something unscripted took place was when Brett drew out the letters WCW with his index finger because just about every wrestling vet with a name was jumping over back then.

Brett gave Vince a black eye backstage afterwards.

What many don't realize though is that the Montreal Screwjob actually helped save the WWF over the course of the next few years because that incident brought Vince McMahon out of being known as an announcer to fans finding out he was really the boss of the WWF.

It allowed Vince to be hated immediately by fans which led to him choosing to be the arch rival to Stone Cold in one of the most historic feuds and kicked the attitude era into high gear to take on WCW and their monstrous NWO angle, which was destroying the WWF beforehand.

I wasnt sure if he did hit him or not. I heard that, he walked straight in his office and decked him then walked out of the building. That just raised the tension even more between Bret and Vince. Bret already was pissed at Vince from Owen Hart passing away like that. Hart family tried a lawsuit but it wasnt successful. Bret wouldnt even come back to wwe til like 2010. But i always think Bret didnt like Vince. I believe if im not mistaken both publicly and privately McMahon was mocking and joking about Canada on WWF TV and backstage 

It was the exact way he is in real life so they portrayed him as a heel and it worked so well. It really was that feud that made Austin and McMahon stars. 

53 minutes ago, caponine said:

I wasnt sure if he did hit him or not. I heard that, he walked straight in his office and decked him then walked out of the building. That just raised the tension even more between Bret and Vince. Bret already was pissed at Vince from Owen Hart passing away like that. Hart family tried a lawsuit but it wasnt successful. Bret wouldnt even come back to wwe til like 2010. But i always think Bret didnt like Vince. I believe if im not mistaken both publicly and privately McMahon was mocking and joking about Canada on WWF TV and backstage 

It was the exact way he is in real life so they portrayed him as a heel and it worked so well. It really was that feud that made Austin and McMahon stars. 

Brett and Vince was actually pretty cool with each other up until the events that led to the Montreal Screwjob.

Brett's contract was ending with the WWF and at the time Ted Turner(owner of WCW) was shelling out huge contracts to established WWF stars.

Brett informed Vince that he wasn't re-signing with the WWF and was going to WCW. Vince wanted Brett to drop the title to Shawn Michaels at Survivor Series but Brett refused because he really didn't like Shawn Michaels back then. Brett's idea was to win the match and then vacate the belt. Brett was crazy to think Vince would happily go with that. Vince's biggest fear was Brett pulling something like Alundra Blayze(was still the WWF Women's Champion) 2 or 3 years before and show up on WCW television with the belt and dump it in the trashcan or destroy it because Eric Bischoff got off on that type of dirty stuff to take shots at Vince/WWF.

Thus the Montreal Screwjob happened. Also, Owen Hart fell to his death a year and a half after the Montreal Screwjob. Owen was pissed at how Vince did Brett, but Owen had years left on his contract and had to stay.

Looking back, even Brett admitted that leaving the WWF for WCW was a huge mistake because he was misused there due to Hogan being given so much power and refused to let anyone to be a bigger main eventer than him. Hogan is a big reason why WCW took a turn for the worst. Vince Russo and his creative ideas just finished WCW off lol.

20 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Brett and Vince was actually pretty cool with each other up until the events that led to the Montreal Screwjob.

Brett's contract was ending with the WWF and at the time Ted Turner(owner of WCW) was shelling out huge contracts to established WWF stars.

Brett informed Vince that he wasn't re-signing with the WWF and was going to WCW. Vince wanted Brett to drop the title to Shawn Michaels at Survivor Series but Brett refused because he really didn't like Shawn Michaels back then. Brett's idea was to win the match and then vacate the belt. Brett was crazy to think Vince would happily go with that. Vince's biggest fear was Brett pulling something like Alundra Blayze(was still the WWF Women's Champion) 2 or 3 years before and show up on WCW television with the belt and dump it in the trashcan or destroy it because Eric Bischoff got off on that type of dirty stuff to take shots at Vince/WWF.

Thus the Montreal Screwjob happened. Also, Owen Hart fell to his death a year and a half after the Montreal Screwjob. Owen was pissed at how Vince did Brett, but Owen had years left on his contract and had to stay.

Looking back, even Brett admitted that leaving the WWF for WCW was a huge mistake because he was misused there due to Hogan being given so much power and refused to let anyone to be a bigger main eventer than him. Hogan is a big reason why WCW took a turn for the worst. Vince Russo and his creative ideas just finished WCW off lol.

Yeah it was really some real animosity between those two. Taker didnt like HBK much either , he wanted michaels to put over Bret and Austin. He threatened to beat him up in the locker room if he didnt. I feel like Shawn had to have known about at least part of the plan. I know the ref, the timekeeper and vince knew. Everybody thought it was storyline. 

I feel like between Bret and Owen , there was no way he could come back to WWE in good faith. The way they handled Owen's incident made the hart family mad. Didnt stop the show or notify anyone 

43 minutes ago, caponine said:

Yeah it was really some real animosity between those two. Taker didnt like HBK much either , he wanted michaels to put over Bret and Austin. He threatened to beat him up in the locker room if he didnt. I feel like Shawn had to have known about at least part of the plan. I know the ref, the timekeeper and vince knew. Everybody thought it was storyline. 

I feel like between Bret and Owen , there was no way he could come back to WWE in good faith. The way they handled Owen's incident made the hart family mad. Didnt stop the show or notify anyone 

Yeah, Shawn Michaels was extremely hard to deal with back then. HBK was very arrogant and had a drug and alcohol problem back then. He, Nash, Hall, Triple H, and X-Pac were a group of real life friends called "the Clique". They were at the forefront of plenty of bs politics in WWF at the time because Michaels was a massive draw back then and had arguably the most power out of and wrestler in the company then.

Nash and Hall left WWF for WCW to form the Outsiders and eventually the NWO with Hogan. HBK and HHH became Degeneration X with Rick Rude as their manager and Chyna was more of HHH's valet.

40 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, Shawn Michaels was extremely hard to deal with back then. HBK was very arrogant and had a drug and alcohol problem back then. He, Nash, Hall, Triple H, and X-Pac were a group of real life friends called "the Clique". They were at the forefront of plenty of bs politics in WWF at the time because Michaels was a massive draw back then and had arguably the most power out of and wrestler in the company then.

Nash and Hall left WWF for WCW to form the Outsiders and eventually the NWO with Hogan. HBK and HHH became Degeneration X with Rick Rude as their manager and Chyna was more of HHH's valet.

yep i i was like 0 years old or 1 but i remember everybody talking about the curtain call. It was infamous for being the first time wrestlers breaking kayfabe. Oddly enough HBK wasnt punished because of what u just said but HHH definitely was. He was suppose to be a champion by the end of that year.

But from that you had WWF's version of NWO in DX which alongisde Austin changed the Tide against WWE. It worked out so well. HHH went on to create evolution with ric flair. Rick Rude ended up leaving and they brought in X Pac, Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg. 

52 minutes ago, caponine said:

yep i i was like 0 years old or 1 but i remember everybody talking about the curtain call. It was infamous for being the first time wrestlers breaking kayfabe. Oddly enough HBK wasnt punished because of what u just said but HHH definitely was. He was suppose to be a champion by the end of that year.

But from that you had WWF's version of NWO in DX which alongisde Austin changed the Tide against WWE. It worked out so well. HHH went on to create evolution with ric flair. Rick Rude ended up leaving and they brought in X Pac, Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg. 

Rick Rude's jump to WCW was a wtf moment because he was on WWF RAW(which was on tap delay, but fans didn't know it at the time) and WCW Nitro(which was live) on the same night. Rude was getting paid per appearance with the WWF, which made it easy for Rude to make the jump.

Rude doing that really pissed Vince off. Rude made the jump because he was pissed off with what happend to his friend Brett Hart and the Montreal Screwjob. He also wanted to wrestle again but the WWF wasn't going to clear him to get back into the ring after suffering a career ending injury in the ring a few years before during his previous stint with WCW.

Rude believed he had a promise from Eric Bischoff that he would get clearance to wrestle again after he made the jump to WCW, which Bischoff had denied over the years that he ever agreed to such thing.

Rude bashed HBK and Vince live on Nitro.

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Don’t know if you listen you podcasts but Corey Graves has one called After The Bell where he interviews people each Thursday. He had Hall and Nash on last week. Take a listen when you can spare 45 minutes 

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Rick Rude's jump to WCW was a wtf moment because he was on WWF RAW(which was on tap delay, but fans didn't know it at the time) and WCW Nitro(which was live) on the same night. Rude was getting paid per appearance with the WWF, which made it easy for Rude to make the jump.

Rude doing that really pissed Vince off. Rude made the jump because he was pissed off with what happend to his friend Brett Hart and the Montreal Screwjob. He also wanted to wrestle again but the WWF wasn't going to clear him to get back into the ring after suffering a career ending injury in the ring a few years before during his previous stint with WCW.

Rude believed he had a promise from Eric Bischoff that he would get clearance to wrestle again after he made the jump to WCW, which Bischoff had denied over the years that he ever agreed to such thing.

Rude bashed HBK and Vince live on Nitro.

It was interesting because it never happened before. He did a segment than flew out , to get to WCW. Thats really why McMahon is against superstars doing that, Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy, Christian were buried after that. **** even Jeff Hardy and RVD. 

The ones who were loyal got the spot light and opportunities. 

Thats what made the attitude era so interesting. A lot of them werent friends until later on so they were legit beating the sht outta each other lol especially undertaker , apa, Vader, Chris Benoit etc. Most of them didnt like each other and were legit pummeling each other 

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Both could put on wrestling clinics.

I remember seeing the match when Steamboat beat Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight title in 89'. Can't remember the name of the event though.

It was a three match contract starting with the At Chi Town Rumble, then Clash of the Titans & finally Wrestle War II