Jump to content

TD, DQ, and ALL Defensive coaches meet with K'Lavon Chaisson


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Eh, teams meet with players they like.  As much as I hate the FO and staff, this really isn't some big news story.  Every team does this.

Meet with guys they like, meet with guys they don't like. It happens. We met with 13 RBs. Teams dont know which ones we actually like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Not even going to pretend to be unbiased. There are better defensive players in the draft but there are very few with the leadership or potential he has, let alone both. 

I just hope we use him like the Pat's did Van Noy (he filled the Collins role after he left). Now they have both guys who can, edge rush, play coverage, run contain, or blitz from the MLB spot and shoot a gap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Not even going to pretend to be unbiased. There are better defensive players in the draft but there are very few with the leadership or potential he has, let alone both. 

The leadership is what really gets me going with this guy.  Usually hearing about leadership is a yawning point for me when it comes to our scouting.  We generally draft guys that are “leaders” but aren’t ballers.  This guy is both.  If you watch his tape you can see he’s only scratching the surface of what he can be.  This was his first year starting.  Get him some NFL coaching that hopefully Quinn and Morris can provide and watch him go.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It's like he's talking to the people on this message board who just thought he was a speed de comparing him to Beasley and whatnot....

I love this quote from him because it’s so real.  He’s basically chumping the naysayers in the most petty yet professional way possible.  Haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

9.5 sacks in 3 years. Sounds like a Falcon. :munch:

What position does he play? How many games did he play in? How many snaps? How many of those were rushing the passer or in coverage? How many times did he get the QB off his spot? How many times did he blow up a run to force the RB into someone else? 

Go watch him play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I just hope we use him like the Pat's did Van Noy (he filled the Collins role after he left). Now they have both guys who can, edge rush, play coverage, run contain, or blitz from the MLB spot and shoot a gap.

Exactly a chess piece.

I think they showed last year with Debo how they can better use there LBers blitzing them and mixing things up more.Playing base personnel and not losing anything in coverage while still having the ability to get pressure is big.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

Hes interesting but hes going to be a project at D.E. I dont have a whole lot of confidence in DQ to work some magic, because he didnt do it with VB44 or Takk. 

Im no fan of Quinn.  Never have been.  But how much of that was Vic just not being that guy and Takk always being injured?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Hes interesting but hes going to be a project at D.E. I dont have a whole lot of confidence in DQ to work some magic, because he didnt do it with VB44 or Takk. 

Does he have the recurrent injury concern like Takk? Or the lack of a dawg like Vic?

Everyone not named Chase Young at DE may as well be a project if you correlate the word with taking more than their rookie year to make a lasting impact? I mean, maybe YGM or Epenesa are more base DE ready but know what you are drafting. A big year 1 from any rookie DL would be a big deal.

You draft to supplement your team. That is why so far I'm more concerned with CBA being done ahead of UFA. Rookies can help. That's all he needs to do in year 1 if he can be part of a rotation and earn important snaps right away and be reliable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

What position does he play? How many games did he play in? How many snaps? How many of those were rushing the passer or in coverage? How many times did he get the QB off his spot? How many times did he blow up a run to force the RB into someone else? 

Go watch him play.

That's a lot of excuses. HE NEEDS TO GET TO THE QB IF HE'S IN ATLANTA AND SACK HIM. I'm tired of edge rushers not getting to the QB and finishing. The whole sacks are overrated BS is bogus. That's the reason the defense has sucked for so long. Get to the QB and take him down. Play over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

That's a lot of excuses. HE NEEDS TO GET TO THE QB IF HE'S IN ATLANTA AND SACK HIM. I'm tired of edge rushers not getting to the QB and finishing. The whole sacks are overrated BS is bogus. That's the reason the defense has sucked for so long. Get to the QB and take him down. Play over.

I know...we need a guy that got a lot of college sacks like Beasley.

STATS IN COLLEGE ARE WHAT TRANSLATE!

/s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...