14 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

That Knockout of Jermaine Taylor by Arthur Abraham was pretty bad.

I remember seeing a version of the ko a couple of years later where you could hear Taylor screaming as his body was locked up stiff. It was was hard to watch and scary.

The Jefferson vs Harris knockout looked lethal. That’s the one where Larry Merchant yells “Jefferson I love you”

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The Jefferson vs Harris knockout looked lethal. That’s the one where Larry Merchant yells “Jefferson I love you”

Yeah, that was deadly.

You often wonder how in the **** could he survive a hit like that when boxers die taking hits that don't look as bad as that.

22 minutes ago, meezy0236 said:

Hated to see Roy go out like this, but it was a vicious KO nonetheless

Yeah I remember that.

Still think that Jones Jr. moving up to heavyweight and losing all that muscle he gained going up going back down to light heavyweight is what did him in because it damaged his body. Unlike Tyson who is a shorter guy but has the frame to carry plenty of muscle well, Jones Jr is really a smaller frame guy who had to really pack on muscle to compete at heavyweight.

Always thought that being at light heavyweight was perfect for him and should've stayed there.

17 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yeah I remember that.

Still think that Jones Jr. moving up to heavyweight and losing all that muscle he gained going up going back down to light heavyweight is what did him in because it damaged his body. Unlike Tyson who is a shorter guy but has the frame to carry plenty of muscle well, Jones Jr is really a smaller frame guy who had to really pack on muscle to compete at heavyweight.

Always thought that being at light heavyweight was perfect for him and should've stayed there.

I agree, also Roy got far with his athleticism and speed, as soon as he slowed a bit, his boxing skills couldn't carry him.

12 minutes ago, meezy0236 said:

I agree, also Roy got far with his athleticism and speed, as soon as he slowed a bit, his boxing skills couldn't carry him.

Prime Light heavyweight Roy Jones Jr was the closest Ali como I recent history.  A showeman, unorthodox and at his best in a league all by himself

Jones Jr won  his first title at 157 pounds so moving up to heavyweight was just foolish. He lacked the fundamental building blocks of a heavyweight.  The fact he held the title by beating Ruiz (230 lbs) is a testament to his greatness