1 Thing I know FOR sure about Who we will pick in 2020 Draft

Doug Carlton

is that I have NO IDEA.

This Front Office is all over the place. No idea what they will do. Did anybody see Takk coming? Last year everybody had us picking Wilkins, Ferrell, Sweat, Ford, Taylor WIlliams, etc...unless you count the folks that had us trading up to take the ManCHild Ed Oliver.

Instead, we go Chris Lindstrom and then dip back in to take McGary, which NO ONE saw coming (not when the Fords and Taylors and so on were still on the board)...really, the pick was in and I was still saying "Kaleb WHO???"

So our draft looked like this:

2019 Falcons NFL Draft Picks
  • Round 1 • Pick 14 (14) • G Chris Lindstrom.
  • Round 1 • Pick 31 (31) • T Kaleb McGary.
  • Round 4 • Pick 9 (111) • DB Kendall Sheffield.
  • Round 4 • Pick 33 (135) • DE John Cominsky.
  • Round 5 • Pick 14 (152) • RB Qadree Ollison.
  • Round 5 • Pick 34 (172) • DB Jordan Miller.
  • Round 6 • Pick 31 (203) • WR Marcus Green.

We signed 2 OG FA's and drafted another.

We drafted 2 DBs.

We STILL need a ROG, 2 viable DBs and 2 DEs to go with a starting SLB and TE.

I have NO IDEA what they are doing nor going to do.

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Guessi ng he meant LG. Unless hes one of those that want to move our linemen Maddem style

I like how it's ah **** we have a hole at LG, let's move Lindstrom. 

Ah **** now we have a hole at RG, let's move McGary.

Ah **** now we have a hole at RT, we better draft one.

Instead of

Let's draft a LG.

18 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

is that I have NO IDEA.

This Front Office is all over the place. No idea what they will do. Did anybody see Takk coming? Last year everybody had us picking Wilkins, Ferrell, Sweat, Ford, Taylor WIlliams, etc...unless you count the folks that had us trading up to take the ManCHild Ed Oliver.

Instead, we go Chris Lindstrom and then dip back in to take McGary, which NO ONE saw coming (not when the Fords and Taylors and so on were still on the board)...really, the pick was in and I was still saying "Kaleb WHO???"

We drafted 2 DBs.

Quinn, in an honest interview with AF.com before last years draft said they will address three areas in the draft:

“Going forward, he believes the team is in need of three positions right now, in particular: defensive end, defensive tackle, and defensive back.

The one common theme among those needs: defense.

“We are definitely going to add to that group,” Quinn told the Falcons website.”

As we know, we didn’t address defense until round 4

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

“We are definitely going to add to that group,” Quinn told the Falcons website.”

and this is my point.

what they say, what they don't say, it's all bs because when the pick comes in it looks nothing like you imagined.

28 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Trench help is no secret, we need it on both sides of the ball. But is we are to shoot the moon so to speak, I would like us to reach up a bit higher for a RB. Maybe not first round, but up there high enough to get one of the top tier RBs. 

I won’t get into the whole RB first round debate, I will say the reason you take an RB that high is because of their ability catch in the passing game, which Dirk doesn’t utilize much.  There are no top tier guys this year, no McCaffreys or Barkley’s, it’s closer to last years back class.  It’s a strength of this draft class as well, let one fall to us, they will, especially when a run on WR happens in the second/third since that position is deep as ****.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Quinn, in an honest interview with AF.com before last years draft said they will address three areas in the draft:

“Going forward, he believes the team is in need of three positions right now, in particular: defensive end, defensive tackle, and defensive back.

I couldn't read this because I was laughing too hard about breast implants!! LOL!

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Trench help is no secret, we need it on both sides of the ball. But is we are to shoot the moon so to speak, I would like us to reach up a bit higher for a RB. Maybe not first round, but up there high enough to get one of the top tier RBs. 

Yep, our RBs are not good really good NFL caliber runners.  They're all backup material.  

30 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

subsequently the aforementioned high profile players go on to dominate at their positions (Ford, Watt, White, etc)

sometimes, but to be fair, not always. (We were dying for Dorsey, many wanted Shaq Larson, etc.) They get the benefit of Keanu and Deion (albeit that is starting to look at little like an outlier)

There is only 1 thing I know for sure.......

whatever they do.....DOUG CARLTON aint gonna be happy. AT. ALL.   :)  

But each year we get sucked back in.  haha.

Edited by hollywood

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

sometimes, but to be fair, not always. (We were dying for Dorsey, many wanted Shaq Larson, etc.) They get the benefit of Keanu and Deion (albeit that is starting to look at little like an outlier)

There is only 1 thing I know for sure.......

whatever they do.....DOUG CARLTON aint gonna be happy. AT. ALL.   :)  

But each year we get sucked back in.  haha.

ok. you got me. (I was the guy BEGGING for Dorsey, I was wrong...)

Is it too much to ask for a freaking pass rush???? They are KILLING me.

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, I said not first round. I think we could get a nice RB in the 3rd at least. 

This pretty much lines up right. The question is do we take a TE ahead of RB?

I’d like to grab a solid FA pickup on defense and then grab a defender or trade down from 16.

Then, take an IOL in round 2 regardless; if we really want to invest in grooming Mack’s replacement and bolstering LG competition.

After that, decide on TE/RB/Defenders.

My thing is that first defensive player that we do take may shape where we can target other positions. Do they push DB back a year? Kinda feels like we have to in order to secure front 7 with LB/DT/DE needing starters. If we trade down from 16...that enables more but doesn’t guarantee you get your pick. Definitely not a usual TD draft.

8 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

is that I have NO IDEA.

We drafted 2 DBs.

Nobody does

Don't feel bad.

At least you admit it. 

12 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

is that I have NO IDEA.

We drafted 2 DBs.

I said all last off season they would draft two offensive lineman. People said No way. I don’t recall anyone agreeing with me.

This year I have no idea yet. Right now I’d say it has to be pass rusher or linebacker